Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
grow bags
    #454065 - 11/10/01 03:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

When you use autoclavable bags w/ filter patch how do you keep the moisture? This is new for me so I wanted to know how much moisture should be in the rye also. I was draining the rye before putting in the bag is this really needed to be done? I ask because I have had two bags dry out considerably. What is the texture of the rye supposed to be? Mine looked throughly saturated and would smash with little pressure between the fingers. This seemed right but Im still suffering from moisture loss. Should I keep the bags in an air tight plastic tub to prevent the moisture loss? Anyone also know what the colonization time for bags of rye ranges at?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: grow bags [Re: durban_poison]
    #454084 - 11/10/01 03:36 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

When you use autoclavable bags w/ filter patch how do you keep the moisture?

The patches alow gas exchange very little if any moisture is lost

This is new for me so I wanted to know how much moisture should be in the rye also.

If you want to know the exact amout of moisture take 100 grams of wet rye and put it in the oven for a few hours and then wiegh it afterwards BUT I just follow any rye tek it will give you enough moisture A good idea is to add some dry verm before sterilization and it will act as a sponge helping regulate the excess water.

What is the texture of the rye supposed to be? it should be pleasently plump not soggy.

I do not know what you have done but I have never had any moisture loss to the point of it being dry.
I think you may be worrying to much.

Anyone also know what the colonization time for bags of rye ranges at?

Depending on the size of your bags we carry small medium large and extra large(used mostly for mixing straw or compost)

but our small are about the same as a pint jars medium like quart jars and the large(which is more common and what you probably have) depending on how full you have them it could take from 2 weeks to 6 weeks.
I reccomend using smaller bags for growing out spawn and the larger ones for mixing compost straw wood chips excetra.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: grow bags [Re: dimitri211]
    #454090 - 11/10/01 03:42 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

do I seal bags before or after pressure cooking?

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #454097 - 11/10/01 03:50 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I sqeeze some of the air out (not all of it) and then seal them and pressure cook them.
Once they are sealed there is almost no way to get them contaminated unless your syringe is bad or you are not as sterile as you should be.(not in your case just pointing it out to others)

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #454101 - 11/10/01 03:54 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks!!!!!!

Anonymous

#454459 - 11/10/01 09:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

be careful if you live in a dry climate (well, dryer than north coast northern cali to wa), where most of the teks here come from... the rh in this area is about 70% ussualy, and well, ya move to somewhere dry, use some plastic bags to save money, and 8 days later, you've got growth, but no moisture left, and bam, hours of work toast (litteraly). So, if this is the case, put your bags in a humidified incubation chamber, totaly sealed bags WILL dry out!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures