Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
ALLERGIES
    #4529839 - 08/13/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ACK!! who else has allergies, their just completely random for me, one day i will be fine, and the next my nose will feel like its boring a hole through my head.  I took an alavert about a half an hour ago and my nose is runnin like hell now, at least its not as stuffy and my throat doesn't itch as much. 

ALLERGIES SUCK!

lets see... i really can't think of anything good my mother gave me, i mean she gave me stinky feet, allergies out the ass, thank god i got my fathers intillegence, sadly i got my mothers and fathers bad vision..

i really dont have very many good physical traits, other than i look good, lol and my hair, lol, girls love my hair more than their own, which is never a bad thing i guess  :crazy2:

i guess this is just a good mornin post  :stoned:

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: ALLERGIES [Re: SerioOria]
    #4529848 - 08/13/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hell yeah man! Allergies SUCK!!!! :mad:

I have an appointment in a week and a half to get an allergy test done so I can start on AIT (allergen injection therapy). If you don't mind getting a needle every week or so, I HIGHLY recommend this therapy!

I was on it a few years ago and had zero (yes ZERO) allergy symptoms starting about 3 weeks in and going until about a year after I quit the therapy (unfortunately you do have to stay on it to get the best effects).

Normally my summers are downright horrid due to my allergy symptoms. This one has gotten MUCH worse again, so I'm going back on the AIT to get rid of it!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Re: ALLERGIES [Re: trendal]
    #4529857 - 08/13/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yea, i was thinking about doin that a while back, but my mother is paraniod about everything for some reason, not sure why, but she decided it was best to take inhilants for treatment, or just use over the counter drugs like claratin, which helps, but doesn't fix the problem, just the symptoms and im kinda sick of it\

i just wana be done with them, why did people have to try and fix themselves rather than let natrual evolution take its course, i mean if it weren't for modern medecine, my mother nor i would be here, and in all honesty most of the population wouldnt be here, and to me thats a good thing

sadly we've bred allergies and diseases like asthma and appendecitis and other terminal hereditary diseases like diabetes into ourselves.. :frown:

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4529900 - 08/13/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I fucking hate allergies. Because thats what makes my asthma start. I'm going to get them tested in a couple days to see what I can try and avoid.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: ALLERGIES [Re: barfightlard]
    #4529908 - 08/13/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You have to have more severe allergies to gain sympathy from us.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ALLERGIES [Re: sunshine]
    #4529924 - 08/13/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

why would i want your sympathy....

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4529940 - 08/13/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Personally I think the AIT is much safer than taking antihistamines every fucking day.

With AIT they don't inject any drugs at all, just a potent extraction of the various allergens you are allergic to. It de-sensitizes your immune system to the allergens.

There are very little side effects, other than some swelling at the injection site - which gets to be less and less as the treatment progresses. There's a chance you could go into anaphylaxis after getting each injection, so they make you wait in the doctor's office for 20-30 minutes after each injection for observation.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

#4529941 - 08/13/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the worst thing is that weed helps my asthma and allergies, but on account of its illegal im not allowed to use it for medecine (and i really dont think i can get it perscribed from a doctor)

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4530089 - 08/13/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How can any form of smoke going into your lungs be helpful??

--------------------

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

#4530094 - 08/13/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

How can any form of smoke going into your lungs be helpful??

umm, cannabis has a natural anti-inflamitory in it, im not sure if its thc or if its something different, so it counteracts the asthma which is just inflimation, im not exactly sure why it helps with my symptoms all around, but it seems to

tobacco on the other hand tries to eat my lungs out

and i also use a vaporizer sometimes, so its more or less just the chemicals rather than tar of any kind

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (08/13/05 12:24 PM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4530120 - 08/13/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SerioOria said:
umm, cannabis has a natural anti-inflamitory in it, im not sure if its thc or if its something different, so it counteracts the asthma which is just inflimation, im not exactly sure why it helps with my symptoms all around, but it seems to

I've heard that THC causes dilation of the small airways in the lungs, which is essentially what most (all?) asthma inhalers do.

I have asthma, but not very bad at all (mostly caused by the allergies, I was told - so it's only bad when I have allergy symptoms) and though I used to use an inhaler I don't anymore. I never have any asthma symptoms while/after smoking weed...but I'm not sure if that's enough to draw a conclusion.

An old room mate of mine had asthma a lot worse than I did, and he swore that pot helped his asthma better than his inhaler used to (he, too, had stopped using it - we both had found that the more we used inhalers, the more we HAD to use them). He also smoked tobacco, though, so who knows what was going on.

--------------------

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#4530124 - 08/13/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i dont have allergies :razz:

OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

#4530421 - 08/13/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SerioOria said:

i really dont have very many good physical traits, other than i look good, lol

Dumbass

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: ALLERGIES [Re: trendal]
    #4530534 - 08/13/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've had tons of allergies ever since I was a kid. As I've gotten older I have lost some/most of them. I think I just 'grew out' of them or something. Studying herbs, diet and nutrition I've learned that diet has a major impact on allergies.

THC does indeed dilate the bronchial tubes... whereas tobacco does the opposite.. it constricts them. That's why when you take a huge bong hit and cough your ass off.. sometimes you will cough up a big chunk of tar, especially if you are a cigarette smoker.. marijuana opens up the pathways and loosens it up. I used to suffer from asthma, but I think it went away as I got older. Pot helped it greatly.

However every time I used to get a cold (rarely) I would smoke weed, and it would help so much. My problem when I get sick is always my sinuses and/or chest congestion. Smoking pot alleviates both of these things. The only thing that helps my sinuses is pot or anti-histamines.. pot clears them up naturally.. antihistamines are the only other things that will dry them up, but make me woozy as fuck and I've also read some things that antihistamines are bad and throw off your natural balance.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale