Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCaptainKirk

Loc: gone
are all cubies the same .trip wise
    #4526652 - 08/12/05 04:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well anyone..ive been throwing all my shrooms into one container and wondered if i should keep the dif strains separated..or is the buzz the same from all cubes? i now its a dumb question,just wondered :mushroom2: :rolleyes:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: are all cubies the same .trip wise [Re: CaptainKirk]
    #4526705 - 08/12/05 04:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

As far as I'm concerned, this nailed it. It could be expanded upon further I'm sure but this sums it all up really well while covering it all. This is a post by EonTan:

"ALL cubensis Strains, substrains, and indivdual fruitbodies are different in potency. Subjective experience is not an accurate measure of these differences. It would take Quantitative studies on thousands of dikaryons of each strain to accurately measure just how different they really are.

Strains are varible in many ways, potency is the only one you will have a very difficult time measuring.

Just try each strain until you find one you like, and stick with it. It will be difficult to find one that is twice as potent as another, DIKARYON to DIAKRYON. So it is kind of a rediculous search for potency differences.

The best you can do searching for the most potent substrain of the most potent strain will probably be to double the potency compared with the worst substrian of the worst strain.

Simply changing species to Copelandia cyanescens will double to triple the potency easily, and the growing parameters are almost identical to cubensis. Yield is drastically diminished, but hey, potency was your desire.

The only accurate measurement of potency is a quantitative one. You need instruments to do so, and a very large sample of each Strain to give accurate results.

Compare strains for morphological features and you will be pleasnatly suprised to see how variable they are. Try and bioassay for potency differences and you will be VERY HAPPY, but very confused and end up with only subjective differences."

Strains will vary slightly, but only slightly, and mushrooms of the SAME strain will vary too. Its more based on mood and mindset.

I personally mix all of mine together...I like having a more even mixture, whatever it is. I also like to powder a mix then capsule them..so if you powder a huge amount, and just dip into the powder, every trip will contain the same chemicals, in the same amounts, and give you roughly the same trip, best of all the strains together..and its good everytime.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: are all cubies the same .trip wise [Re: CaptainKirk]
    #4526763 - 08/12/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

in my experience, the differences between strains are barely, if at all, noticeable. differences in trips between strains are more likely to be due to set and setting than to the physical differences between the strains.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineJabberw0cky
Misanthropist

Loc: Colorado - The asshole of...
Re: are all cubies the same .trip wise [Re: alsey]
    #4527652 - 08/12/05 08:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard that Penis Envy mushies have a more constant trip rather than waves of trips.
Cited from:
Hawkeye.com

--------------------
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.
Once upon a looking glass...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience