Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide, Piracetam

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Memory supplements?
    #4517746 - 08/10/05 12:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Does anyone know of any supplements that will help me remember my trips better? I always smoke and usually do nitrous with it, which is obviously bad for my memory of the experience...but I just wondering if there is anything I can do to improve it.

--------------------
:mallow:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineprurigro
Stranger
Re: Memory supplements? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4517802 - 08/10/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've never had a problem remembering a trip other than after having smoked marijuana with them (usually dont)... what you might be looking for is a way to remember the time after smoking weed more than a way to remember mushroom trips.. I'd personally recommend just going pure though, less confusing and more insightful :smile:

Kevin

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4517923 - 08/10/05 01:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

How many times have you tripped?  It's been my experience that one is able to retain more and more from each trip as time and experience progresses.  When I first started tripping, I could hardly remember any of the heavy moments in my trips, but now I can recall them fairly well. 

Another thing that might help you is to carry a trip-journal.  When you feel a pressing throught or realization or just want to make a note about what you're feeling, write in your journal.  This can be an adventure in itself while tripping.  Reading back over what you've jotted down during the trip should help you recall things better, as will writing trip reports after the experience has ended. 

Less pot will also help memory...but I don't personally rely on this one.  :stoned:

There is a supplement called Lecithin that is supposed to increase mental clarity.  You can get it at your local food or drug store. 

Good luck...hope you find something that helps.  :heart:

Invisiblebwalker
The BodyElectric
Loc: NJ, USA
    #4518720 - 08/10/05 05:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Get a voice recorder. I often find it's like dreaming for me. If I'm not able to put what happened into words during or soon after the experience, my recollection of it gets worse and worse. I guess it's a bit like state learning. Remembering things learned while in different state of consciousness can be difficult unless you're able translate it back into a sober state.

If you want to take the supplement route: Eleuthero, Panax ginseng, and Ginko Biloba are often stated to help memory. But I don't know how helpful they'd be in this case.

OfflineTwang
But if the arrowis straight...
    #4518784 - 08/10/05 05:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I suffer from memory loss. I take GinkgoRose made by Metagenics. "GinkgoRose features high quality ginkgo combined with a patented extract of rosemary leaf for enhanced antioxidant support. Ginkgo supports healthy mental function by promoting cerebral blood circulation, mental alertness and memory." Here I found a link. Hope this is help full. http://www.metagenics.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?pid=156

--------------------
-Cheers

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Re: Memory supplements? [Re: Twang]
    #4519003 - 08/10/05 06:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for all the advice.

I've tripped a lot...I'm at the point now where going any farther means staight up ego loss and maybe some astral projection. But the problem is that I cannot remember some of the key parts when I come down.

Of course, the next time I eat shrooms, it all comes back to me and I pick up right where I left off. I think a voice recorder and maybe a supplement may help me out from now on.

Thanks again.

--------------------

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: Memory supplements? [Re: Twang]
    #4519027 - 08/10/05 07:05 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

how about stop smoking pot? That is your best solution to this minor problem and greater problems that are destined to ungulf your life, even if its mostly a subconscious level that you learn how to aquire as a way of dealing with the reality.
By the way I am in the middle of a move and havent slept in over 24 hours at least and I am rushing to hurry and say this effectively while I have a few mins.

The fact is just keep on smoking weed if you want to continue dulling your mind and spirit in life...which also goes for your ability to find true satisfying intellectual freedom and or "enlightenment". Pot slowly but surely closees those doors....which most learn to accept because they believe life is just the way it is on TV. They adapt without any real fight losing their brilliance or sharpness.
Of course a lor of people get by as constant life long pot smokers.....but they dont have the rare abilities and potential they once did in life, which allows a person to find true reward and satisfaction in almost anything in life just by finding it within. Pot sets up a long lasting road block for this, and most people who have lost it dont even realize it...yet they are unable to find a lot of true happiness without being stoned which after a while isnt that great anyways. Pot is a one way downhill slope, and who ever disagrees hasnt read the most recent findings. Neither have they looked at themselves honestly.
If you eliminate pot as something you do in life then you have a chance to work back the use of the brain cells that have been clogged by the fat soluable THC molocule. My point is....if you throw away pot from your life, you will eventually have rewarding very stimulating shroom experiences in which you will be free to find your true light positive energy, without the long lasting spiritually draining effectts of pot in your system.

I reallu could give you a much clearer understanding on what I just now was trying to get accross. This is not a good time for me with my moving to another state in two days and not any sleep last night, which is the reason I could only give you that shit version of what I know up above. Plus I have to take off right now. But I would be happy to go deeper with any one you later. If anyone disagrees with me about Pot. Let me know because I love proving such worthwhile points and hopefully helping someone avoid living a half assed dim witted life full of more denial that God only knows who.
Gotta go.

Offline3eyeswise
captain
Loc: lake county Florida
    #4519205 - 08/10/05 08:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

piracetam maybe? It helps memory when sober so why not when tripping.

--------------------
By questioning death I have found the answer to life.

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: Memory supplements? [Re: 3eyeswise]
    #4519411 - 08/10/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Pirecetam kicks ass....speaking from personal use of it years ago. Vinpocetine is also an essential brain supplement which helps you in a similer way to Ginko Biloba...only tons better. Both Vinpocetine and Ginko help cognitivity by boosting the blood flow to the millions of tiny micro capilaries (blood vessels) in the brain, thus helping the brain cells to be properly fed by oxygen and glucose, as well as all essential nutrients carried in the blood. However the main reason that Vinpocetine far more superior to Ginko is because for one thing it doesnt promote the risk of tissue bleeding, and it has been proven to boost cerebral mirco blood flow and metabolism far beyond what Ginko does. It also has the unique ability to somehow boost the brain cells own ability to absorb and convert glucose into cellular energy more effectivly than normal. So in other words it gives your brain cells more miles per galon of gas. This also helps keep the brain cells healther, prevents premature death, and also has shown to boost your own production of important the vital neuro transmiters norepenephrine, and a few others I cant remember off hand. There are even more bonus factors that they have found Vinpocetine to help with. But I would say the best part about Vinpocetine is that it remains the only TRUE techically speaking "Nootropic" or "Smart drug" that has gained approval by the FDA allowing it to be legal sold at health food stores all around. However, you mighjt have to search a few to find one that has it. It really is a miracle for it to have been approved not long ago, if you have any insight as to how fucked up and crooked the FDA really is. Its also not bad in price either.
But the real ass kicking memery restoring stuff can only be ordered outside of the US such as Piracetam and a whole slew of others I cant think of off hand.

I share what I know freely after finding out the hard way years ago how subtly life robbing spirit dulling and memery fucking bad marijuana is. If you want to have a rewarding life in which you have the ability to be bright and alive with creative energy and inner growth....throw that bad of weed in the toilet! I had to work years just to get back my edge and fullness of myself that weed so sneakily took away from me in a way that I could have easly just accepted and grown used to like most pot smokers. But I for one value my true essense....and that is exactly what YOU need for a true spiritual WOW shroom trip to God's place in the sky. Reach for the stars and dreams....throw away the bad of loser weed!

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Re: Memory supplements? [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4521810 - 08/11/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Wow...someone needs to go smoke a joint and chill out.

I'm just playin'...you got some good advice there, but not anything I didn't already know.

So as for Pirecetam, it can be found at a health store if I look hard enough? Does it take time, like 2-3 weeks to work, or does it work as long as it is present in your body?

--------------------

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

#4527376 - 08/12/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Piracetam is not legally sold in the US, but can be easily ordered from Europe.  The FDA really is fucked up by keeping these life enhancing drugs and supplements from being sold in this country.  I can show you dozens of different articles which point out pretty solid evidence that the FDA's is not focused on protecting the American people from unknown health risks involved with these supplements, its focused on protecting the business of the giant billion dollar pharmaceutical industry.  I am sure you probably know all about this already too. But its just a real big deal to me which frankly pisses me off.  Proud to be an American? MY ASS!  This country isn't as free as most people are led to believe.  Come on everyone....lets rally together and start a revolution!!!  Wait a sec....I almost forgot we were discussing memory supplements right? 

Anyway, Vinpocetine is the one you were probably meaning, not Piracetam.  Yes, you can find Vinpocetine and most major health food stores, including GNC which I believe has its own brand of it too.  I don't really like GNC however just because it seems to only carry its own brands which are not always the best deals or the best quality. 
As for what you should expect from taking it.  The best dose in my experience was 10 milligrams 2 times a day.  Most people notice it making a difference in their daily mental clarity and memory in 2 or 3 days.  But don't expect anything dramatic or like WOW, the FOG is lifted!  You can tell a difference from taking it but its mild.  You will likely not really feel any different while on it, but you will see definitely an improvement in your overall daily performance when looking back on before and after you started taking it.  I just want to give you and all those people who read this the most credible and accurate idea of what to expect, and whether its really worth your money.  I honestly did feel more lucid and mentally clear with Vinpocetine, as well as less bothered by those little moments of struggling to remember something, or as some call "brain farts." 
I have tried almost every smart drug and well known brain supplement on earth, which is why I am taking this time to share my experiences and hopefully help you out. 
I promise you that no matter what supplement or nootropic or combinations of different ones you take, don't expect to notice any incredible dramatic results or you will be left feeling pretty disappointed.  But the results are noticeable for most.  The most dramatic difference for me was after suddenly running out of my supply for about a week. It was then realized how much stupidity I was being rescued from by taking them, as if I had smoked a lot of weed the night before.

One other important piece of advice for all those who are interested in "smart drugs" and improving their mental clarity.  Make sure you include good vitamins in your diet...and ESPECIALLY HIGH DOSES of Antioxidants. Grape seed extract, Picnoginol however its spelled, which is simply Pine bark extract, are both incredibly powerful detoxifiers of the blood and body, and super beneficial to the brain.
Also avoid lots of sugar and junk food which have been proven to increase and enhance ADD/ADHD in children. Processed sugar feeds the yeast in your body which give off a mild toxin that gets in the blood, causing all kinds of problems in the such as zits or ACNE to name one. The brain is especially sensitive to these toxins. 
I promise if you follow this advice I you will get WAY greater results from any brain boosting drug or supplement you take.  Just cleansing your body and blood from impurities is as effective if not MORE effective than taking any smart pill.
So I think I have pretty much covered the most tips which I have learned for myself.  I hope its been helpful to everyone who reads.  I guess I just like helping people out when I can....positive energy which is also good for the brain! :smile:

Here is a good link for information about Vinpocetine too by the way.  http://www.lef.org/prod_hp/abstracts/vinpocetine.html

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide, Piracetam

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience