Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Salvia, San Pedro, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey...
    #4512016 - 08/08/05 11:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I cant believe I havent posted this yet....

I own 83 pictures. Most everyone i know has millions of pictures of their friends and whatever, photo albums upon photo albums.

My 83 pictures are something i carry around with me everywhere almost. They are 83 pictures of my compeltely spontaneous 10 day long peyote journey. The only person who has the copies are my friend who went with me, as well as Puck from the Real World who begged me for one, so i gave him one.

Ok...so here it goes...
10:30 pm
Ben: hey man, my dad was wondering if you and I could drive him to Beaumont, Texas tonight (we lived in Biloxi, MS at the time).
Me: ummm....
Ben: He said he will pay us each 300 bucks
me: when do we have to do this?
Ben: in 3 hours, he cant get a flight out, and needs the time to study some notes
Me: how long will we be gone?
Ben: he said he would get us a flight out the next day and he has a badass hotel room for us.
Me: lemme call you back

All summer, my friend and I had been talking about how we should just drive out to the west and find peyote. Its gotta be growing everywhere right?
So I call him back and tell him that this is the perfect opportunity to go search for peyote. We had no jobs, no school, and would be starting off with 600 bucks...it was perfect! he agreed.
later we found out that his dad would be in Beaumont for 3 days and we could use the Suburban for those three days as long as we picked him up on the way back.
Me: dude, im packing, ill be there in 20 minutes
Ben: k, bring your scale

By the time i get there, Ben had already somehow gotten an ounce of shwag and an 8th of crippler, a leftover gram of coke, some adderal, and I had 1 killer wafer of xtc that I had been saving for a special occasion.
So, we drive to Beaumont right away, easy drive, and get to our incredibly luxurious suite and commence to break up the entire ounce and roll it into joints. We get a great meal, have a good nights rest and start heading out at about 3pm the next day (late sleepers).

With no real destination and just a map, lots of drugs, a white suburban, and 600 bucks, we head more west. A few joints later we had decided that Arizona or New Mexico had to have peyote growing everywhere so we set course for New Mexico. Sadly, we didnt even make it all the way across Texas and stopped, got a hotel, and slept until 3pm.

We decide to drive north through New Mexico and keep stopping on the interstate to inspect cactii and take pictures. So, driving along in very southern NM, we see signs for the Mescalaro Apache reservation. Mescalero, Mescaline...Peyote....We were sure we could find something there. So it is sometime at night and we pull into a gas station on the reservation to gas up, and buy a map, and ask about peyote.
So, i work up the balls to ask the gas station attendant about Peyote....blank gaze, no response. Right then a park ranger walks in and we casually get into the car, and fucking bolt. Decide to stay the night in the area, and try tomorrow.

We leave the drugs in the hotel so we would have no problems asking people about peyote. We go into this flea market type thing and ask about 8 people, all the same....blank stare, no response. So we decided, fuck the apache and started to gather our crap and head more north. On the way out, we get some food, and just for S&G, i ask someone in more tactful way, about "Native American Medicine". Well, then the old guy starts divulging all this info, telling us what it looks like, all about mescaline, just all types of shit.
Ok, so lets never say Peyote again....learned that one.

We waste the day driving around looking for mescaline and peyote, completely dumb, but we had fun just fucking off on random trails getting blazed, then at about 3 am in the morning we find ourselves in Roswell, NM. This city is fucking creepy, every hotel we went to was oddly full with no vacancies. Thinking we had to sleep in the suburban, sitting in a parking lot wondering wtf? i see a billboard that says "Welcome Beatle lovers!"....what? (super blazed at this point)
me: what? the beatles? is there a convention for a fan club or something? what is the deal, this cant be serious...
Ben: in Roswell? this isnt making sense...

Finally we find a really shitty motel with a vacancy, go to sleep wondering what the fuck is going on.
Wake up the next day to see the streets abuzz with almost nothing but the new volkswagon bugs. The street lamps were painted green with black alien eyes on them. We went into a pawn shop and foud a baseball supposedly signed by the entire 72 red sox and a 13th rank masonic sword, engraved all the way up.
We haul ass out of Roswell, the place was too odd. Heading north we are somewhere in the vicinity of white sands and decide to take the scenic routes and go through winding passages followed by huge strips of desolate interstate. We pass a shop, in the middle of the middle of nowhere, nothing around for miles it seems. We go in there, it is a book store/holistic shop with crystals. We find a few books on peyote, and buy them, as well as some book on herbs and plants native to the area.
The clerk sees our purchase, and we come clean with him, telling him we are interested in native american medicine and he gives us directions to a native american community/ reservation about 3 miles on this dirt road, and that there was this white guy (i know it sounds so stereotypical) who lived on the reservation, that lived with them and was one of them, as well as being the camping groundskeeper.
We roll up like columbian drug lords to find this 1960's looking chrome trailer, knock on the door, and a lady walks out, we explain that we are looking for this white guy, turns out it was her husband who just then comes down an unpaved path on his motorcycle. Big fat, redneck looking dude. So we had this story made up that we were Vanderbuilt students with a small grant to study peyote and native american medicine. im sure he knew we were bullshitting, but he played along, and was somewhat impressed that we had made it this far.
He didnt tell us much about peyote, but he showed us the salvia growing in his front yard and cut us a bunch off and gave it to us and sent us on our way after lengthy discussion about the flora.

So, with all the drugs still on us, minus a good bit of bud, we head west towards arizona. This is where it gets really interesting: we find peyote, get indians drunk, lose our breaks going downhill at 60 mph, passed through border patrol with a carload of drugs, and became a limo service for a mexican bachelor party....

The second part of the story will come later tonight, i have to go and cant finish it, but believe me, it get highly interesting, to the point where most of you wont believe me and accuse me of making it up... if i can get to a scanner i will post some pics as well to support my story....but stay tuned, because it gets ridiculously intense in the next installment!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4512063 - 08/08/05 11:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You would have had better luck heading south. But I cant wait for the rest.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineMJF
Human Being
 User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees...
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4512219 - 08/08/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

can't wait to read the rest....

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: MJF]
    #4513299 - 08/09/05 04:11 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

And the saga continues.....

PART II

before i begin, id like to say i forgot one crucial thing....we were supposed to only be gone for three days, but on the 2nd day into the trip, Ben's dad called him and said he was just gonna get a plane ride back and that he needed the suburban back in MS in a week..

now...

So, we leave the white sands reservation and head west, towards arizona, oddly enough we find ourselves on interstate 66 and happen to pass highway 666 (now known as some dumb shit like 412). Ben is highly superstitious and it took a lot of bitching just to get him to go down that road, and even more to pick up the hitchhikers. Yes, there were two mexican/native americans walking down the road hitchhiking and we gave them a lift, pretty much just to ask them about peyote. Well I guess they thought we were DEA and they figured it would be safer to walk, so we let them back out into the 109 degree weather after only a mile or so of travel.
We get back on 66 with me being satanically satiated and keep on towards arizona. We smoke some more, then smoke some more, until Ben passes out in the passengers seat. Im having a blast just watching the plateaus and desert like scenery pass me by as I listen to some Pink Floyd, being just all so rested and high. We make it just over the border and about 30 miles into it as I am still just really relaxed, we are going about 60 mph downhill. So I start to ease on the brakes to slow down to the 50 mph speed limit only to find that the brakes arent doing anything! Talk about a jostle....I put the burban in neutral and press the brake pad to the floor which only keeps me from speeding up as we barrel downhill.
Me: uh, BEN! wake up dude....
Ben: whats up (eyes still closed)
Me: We have no brakes....the brakes have gone out
Ben: what? are you sure (wide-eyed now)
Me: seriously, im not joking...

So i start coming up on the only car I had seen for the last hour (my luck), flip on the hazard lights and start blinking highs profusly and honking the horn. Somehow, out of an hour of no cars anywhere, there is a car in front of me, a car behind me now, and two cars on the other one lane coming towards us. There was no shoulder, just arizona clay and rock, but I still was forced to take a 60 mph bumpy as hell slalom which then the car behind me sped up for some reason and was along side of me (on my left). By now...the 50 MPH sign is advancing toward us at about 60mph and Ben tells me just to nail it since we cant get over. Somehow, by about an inch probably, i swerve just enough not to hit the sign or the car and make it into the far lane. By this time, the street flattens out and my neutral + brake pedal all the way down is very gradually slowing us down.
Ah...a texaco ahead...so I wheel in there at about 15 mph and just have to slam the car in park which screeches the tires and send everything in the back of the suburban flying forward.
Ben: jesus, i have no idea how you didnt hit that sign....fucking props on driving dude....
We decide that it is time to call it quits. We would call AAA and get the car fixed and head back home ASAP, without the peyote, with nothing....
So we hop out and Ben calls AAA while i smoke a much needed cig. A very inebriated mexican/native american walks up to me and asks for a cigarette. His name is Darwin.
Darwin: what are you guys doing in Ganado?
Me: is that where we are? oh well, we were just on a road trip.
Darwin: yeah?
I noticed an even more inebriated and much older man with Darwin, who he introduced me to, which as a last ditch effort, I decided to tell him that we were looking for Peyote.
Darwin: Peyote? i can getchu peyote
Me: really!
Darwin: yeah, you just have to take me and my uncle to my friends house, it is just up the road and I can get you peyote.
Me: ok, one second, let me talk to my friend.
Turns out the night before was Darwins Bachelor party, which involved a lot of drinking, so we got Darwin, his fucked up uncle, and some other mexican who didnt say one word the whole time into the suburban and took off down some never before paved road with many potholes.
Well Darwins uncle and his mute friend passed out almost instantly and every pothole and bump i hit would tilt the car just enough for them both to slam their head into the windows with loud wet thumps which didnt seem to bother the sleeping mexican/native americans. I was trying to concentrate on keeping the car slow since we still had no brakes, while taking directions from a very sketchy person.
So we roll up to the first house, and for some reason Ben wants to go with Darwin and they come out empty handed, but Darwin drags his friend out of the car , and sets him along a picket fence and tells me to just leave him.
So we go to another house, driving to the beat of Darwins uncle thwocking his head against the window and come to another house...no peyote.
Darwin: i know, we can go pick up Jose.
So we thwock our way to jose's house and have to wait, since he is planning on stealing peyote from his mom, apparently she had a plant or two growing.
While we wait, Darwin keeps asking us to pack more and more bowls of bud, but we were down to a half ounce by then and he didnt even notice that i had packed the bowl with Jypsum weed. So after a few bowls of both weed and Jypsum, i was feeling a little heady.
Jose said that his mom would be asleep in an hour, and he would get peyote for us if we got them some beer. No alchohol on reservations, so we had to drive a half hour....no brakes still. We buy them some cheap ass 40's and they just down them like nothing. They were already rip roaring drunk again by the time we even got back to Jose's house and they started arguing and yelling at each other. Nothing could wake Darwins uncle up, i figured him for dead after a while.
Things escalated between Jose and Darwin and they got out the car to wrestle a little bit until we packed a bowl. They chilled and stopped fighting and we got Jose to run inside and get the peyote so we could get the fuck out of there.
Jose comes back with a bag with 4 nice sized buttons in it and says it will cost 100$, but Ben tells him he only has 40$. Darwin starts shouting something again, Ben takes the bag and looks at it and hands Jose the 40$ saying that it was 100$ and I knew then to punch it....so we peeled out, leaving jose, and Darwin didnt seem to mind.
We get back to the Texaco, and Darwin finds out the suburban only needed more brake fluid. We add it, thank Darwin, shake his hand and his uncle just wakes up and hops out of the car, as if nothing had ever happened.
We leave that place with haste and start heading back to NM, somewhat bewildered at the events, but relieved that we obtained some peyote (only to find out later that it was hardly even one dose).
Still feeling heady, bewildered, a little trippy we ride onto the endless blacktopped interstate with the stars as the only light, riding up hill with the windows down it was blackness everywhere except the tiny dots of light that speckled the sky while blaring "Us and Them" by Pink Floyd. Maybe it was the semi-traumatic experience, maybe it was the jypsum weed, but i became instantly relaxed and felt as if i were just flying this suburban in space. No refelctors on the road, just enveloped in darkness.
We make it back to some NM city after i relentlessly played "Us and Them" over and over again and got a hotel room.
We woke up and drove south through NM and stopped at some botanical garden/museum which had a great cactii display and one plant of peyote enshrined in glass, impossible to get to, and the mescaline beans were not in bloom i guess, but a very nice experience nonetheless.
We aimlessly just drive south/southeast until i saw a sign that said MEXICO. We decided it to be a bad idea to try to go to mexico so stayed on the course along the texas border. Ben did a little key bump of the coke to keep him awake along with an adderol and we started toking bowls, just enjoying the vast landscape.
As i pass a bowl back to Ben, i see orange cones on the interstate and I am forced to pull off into this well lit Border Patrol station..with the bowl still smoking....we find ourselves 4th in line by the time Ben can put the bowl out and hide it, crank the AC up and fan the car out as we completely shit our pants. I see one guy in the other lane getting handcuffed as police rip off his door panels and two other guys walking around with german shephards.
It comes our turn and we try not to hyperventilate and keep cool, thinking we were so busted. The guy asks us for our licenses as the other guy takes the increasingly interested drug dog around the car (maybe i just perceived it that way). He asks us a few questions about why two very young looking guys are riding around in a Suburban like this and seems a little suspicious. I can see the drug dog in the side view mirror still sniffing the car. The First officer gives him a look and the dog handler gives him a nod. The guy pauses for a second or thirty (time ceased to be normal then) and hesitantly says "have a good night".
White knuckled and holding my breath we creep out of the waystation and Ben and I dont even say a word to each other for about 5 miles.
Ben: we just went through border patrol with a gram of coke, some xtc, 4 peyote buttons, a bunch of weed and some plants under the seat that look a lot like marijuana...
Me: yeah...please pack up a bowl.
We stop in Laredo, TX later and stay the night and wake up the next day to search for peyote in an area that a book published 40 years ago showed to be the main area for Peyote.
Driving along nothing but flat farmland for hours it seemd we finally came up on a city. We decided to explore and it looked like a ghostown. We find a bar and head into it. It looks like a scene from the movie Desperado. An 80 year old mexican behind a dusty bar with absolutly no one in the place. We order 2 bud lights (17 and 18 at the time) and start to ask the man about "native american medicine". His english was crap but we deciphered that there was a native american church somewhere in the vicinity.
Just aimlessly wandering around Mirando City Ben somehow recognizes a foot long rusted iron wrought sign that said Native American Church. It took us a little while to work up a bogus story and the nerve to walk in. So we walk through what seemed to be a fruitless and dead garden, towards the front door. We are welcomed by a deaf native american woman who gladly lets us in, where we find her coutnerpart or twin sister who was blind. We sign the guest books which made them really happy and offered us tea and asked why we came.
By then, we had come to have reverence (somewhat) for peyote and its culture, and were perfectly ok with the little peyote we had. To us, our mission was complete. We sat and talked with the two (who acted as one) about peyote and the practices of the church and foud out a great deal of knowledge about peyote.
We told them we werent here to buy any, or to take any (they had told us about people hopping their fence to steal it), but just wanted to see it growing naturally and take some pictures. They told us we had just walked through an entire garden of it!
We all crowd outside and to our amazement the presumed dead/dirt garden was actually hundreds of single peyote buttons growing. Then they told us about their nephew, Salvador Johnson, who lived right across the street and ,made a phone call to see if it was ok for us to drop by his house. It was.
So we thank the ladies and hustle across the street and are greeted by a charismatic grey haired man...Salvador. We explain to him our journey so far, and he tells us a lot of info about the two types of peyote rituals, lets us take pictures of his 1000 (yes one thousand) button plant growing in his front yard and some other fabulous specimens. He shows us his 6 foot rattlesnake skin which he was very proud of and then busted out the motherload of all peyote buttons. He runs to the back and comes back with 4 huge grocery paper bags and dumps one onto his desk. There in front of us were about 300 dried peyote buttons, and Ben starts snapping off pictures.
We talk to him for about an hour more and become real chum chum and thank him for his time and leave... completly satisfied....without ever asking him for buttons.
We proudly drive back to Beaumont Texas where Ben's dad had gotten us the same pimp ass hotel suite and rolled the remainder of the weed into two ginormous blunts, hopped in the huge jacuzzi and puffed them all night as we reminesced about our trip.
The last leg of the trip, we split the Green Omega (the X) and had a great conversation about how the journey will affect our character and lives.
When we got back home, we acted like rock stars with a grammy and showed our peyote to awe filled high schoolers (our peers at the time).
Ben and I ate the buttons the next night. We were expecting some day long highly intense trip, but all we got was ever so slightly euphoric, a little body tingle and no tracers or visuals.

Some might say that it was a bummer of an ending, but in the end, i realized that it wasnt about the peyote at all, nor what amount of fucked-up we got. It was about the journey. It was about writing a chapter in your life. It was about tackling the world.

Thanks,
Psilocyberin

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #4513623 - 08/09/05 08:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

that was a very nice story!
and its good to see your positive attitude in the end... much better then getting bummed about not getting the expiriance.

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4513747 - 08/09/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I enjoyed your story :grin:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: Boom]
    #4513751 - 08/09/05 10:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Mmmhmm me too.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4513757 - 08/09/05 10:54 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:imwithstupid:

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: Boom]
    #4513911 - 08/09/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Excellent story.

I'm glad to hear you didn't poach any wild specimens.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4513946 - 08/09/05 12:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Man, I would pay just to WATCH a peyote ceremonie being held.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4515113 - 08/09/05 06:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well, while talking to Salvador he went on to explain about Cross Fire and Half Moon. One is christian based, something I felt was a perversion, but he still participated. We had gotten there about 2 weeks after an annual Easter Peyote mitote, which i was kind of bummed about because I wanted to see one, but he showed me the teepee that they did it in back on the native american church.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4515124 - 08/09/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

That's a great story man!

It's one you can tell the grandkids...

Have you tried the Peyote yet?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineLaineRB
Garden Heir
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: dblaney]
    #4518655 - 08/10/05 05:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

That story could have been a lot worse and I find it a shame that those that drink have peyote in their hands. Drinking is generally speaking looked down upon within the Native American Church and really I find it sad that one would trade some peyote for beer. That said I you would have to have had about 12 buttons each to feels the hallucinogenic effects of the cactus.

OfflineDivinity
Wanderer of Paths
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iowa
    #12863182 - 07/07/10 07:51 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Wow dude, that was a pretty awesome story. Sure you didnt get the full yoti experience but I'd say talking to the native americans and learning their history and use of the medicine is an entirely different experience.
there's something about the culture's down in mexico/texas, south western in general that to me is very spiritual.
That is why a *friend* is growin mazzies presently:wink:

--------------------

OfflineGroovy Grant
 User Gallery
Loc: TX Flag
    #12863333 - 07/07/10 08:19 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Wait, you know Puck from the Real world?! The guy who assaulted the other guy with aids (am I remembering that right)?

Invisible6th
Last of my kind
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Desert
    #12863430 - 07/07/10 08:40 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome story man, what a journey. I was born in Roswell, you are right, that town is fucking creepy.

--------------------
Talking animals wtf... that doesn't make any damn sense.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: 6th]
    #12865785 - 07/08/10 05:17 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

wow way to dig up a nice post :tongue:

have you managed to have a peyote experience by now? i think a lot could happen in four years!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisiblestratos
blunt rolling master
Male

Loc: florida! Flag
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: Simisu]
    #12865830 - 07/08/10 05:41 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

everybody should have a few of these epic stories in their bag.:billymaythumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Report! Psilo's Peyote Journey... [Re: Groovy Grant]
    #12874481 - 07/09/10 09:01 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Groovy Grant said:
Wait, you know Puck from the Real world?! The guy who assaulted the other guy with aids (am I remembering that right)?

i wouldnt say I know him. I think the story is around here somewhere about when I had to spend an entire day with him.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Salvia, San Pedro, Scales

Community >> The Pub