Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Drugs and the Ego
    #4495004 - 08/04/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It has recently come in light to me as how easily affected the ego is, on a physical level as well as an emotional level.  Drugs are often a major influence of the ego, whether it be ego death or just control over ones ego.  Many shroomers, and acid users report of the experience of ego death.  By no means should this be overlooked, something i have not yet had the fortune to experience, but it should also be taken into account of the lesser potent drugs effects on ones ego.

From my experiences, many people say that smoking cannabis makes one lazy, although this may be true, i do not think it is entirely correct.  I believe that thc effects one in a similar way emotionally (i am aware the chemicals are completely different) as acid and mushrooms (and likewise dmt) but on a much smaller scale.  If one looks at a regular marijuana user, even if it is not at a high level but perhaps say weekly (as i once was) we can acertain that they do act similarly, but on a smaller scale.

Now, i do not believe that this is caused by the 'lazyness' as it is referred to by our anti-drug advocates.  I believe it has part to do with dissolving of the ego, that once someone gains access to (as i see it, a beautiful, wonderful plant) they begin to realize that everything in the world, our posessions, our relationships, our money, do not really matter, or are not the most important thing to living, that they need to try to enjoy their life as much as possible.  Not that all do this, but many do, and to different degrees each his own, many times pertaining to what he wants his quality of life to be.

So, as it has come to pass in recent events, i have had to quit smoking weed.  I will not bore you with the details, but i was at one point a weekly user(i did not want to be just another loser 'pothead' as so many are in my social surroundings) sometimes smoking twice or three times a week at the most.  It has now been almost one month, approximately 25 or 26 days, the last time i smoked was some very powerful, pure strain cannabis sativa which i found to be quite enjoyable.  The most interesting thing i found about that high was the visuals, i had never experienced visuals on pure cannabis before, and i am aware that many of you haven't either, but i did get some amazing imagination increases(i could see my imagination when i closed my eyes) and when i listened to music, i had some interesting synesthesia. (That weed actually was from texas, around the huston area, but i think the dealer was mainly selling to friends)  Anyway, it has been almost a month since last smoking, and i have come to notice small changes in my personality.  I have been more greedy, less caring of others, i have wanted more, in short my ego has begun to gain strength yet again.  Not very much, minutely actually, its something that i can barely notice, but i have, even though others around me haven't.  Now i still have disdain for society, and the way us humans act these days, but i find it fascinating what this drug has done to me, or lack of this drug, in such a short time. 

So in conclusion, i see that the 'sober' people (i quote sober because many still drink or smoke tobacco, which are drugs, blah blah blah) have strong egos, they want money, they are power hungry and most of all are greedy.  I think greed deserves its own post and how it is perhaps the root of most problems (although the ego is the cause of greed, so in reality the ego is the root of most problems).  But, in contrast when you look at a drug user (im referring to mainly weed and shrooms and acid and other psychedelics) the user is less greedy, and has a weaker ego, in short they are much more satisfied with the little they have or what they want is easily obtained. 

As i see it

ego=greed
no ego(or a weakened ego)=less greed and more contentment with life

Now, there are those who are just plain lazy who dont fit into either category so we will ignore them, i am mainly looking at the two classes of smart people who do and don't do these things, like Shroomism who is very intelligent but was turned against society at a young age, like i am sure many (including myself, but not to such an extent) people have.

As i see it, one can either work their ass off to almost no avail, gaining money and posessions which dont matter, or they can get a decent education(perhaps educating themselves beyond that point for pure knowledge reasons which i will surely do) and get a decent job so that one may be secure, and do these drugs, do not abuse, but use to 'improve one's own quality of life'

I would be interested to hear what you all think of this view on the ego, although i am pretty sure most of you will agree with me, peace

And remember, dont be a materialistic, egocentric, fascist, thank you.
:stoned:

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: Drugs and the Ego [Re: SerioOria]
    #4495082 - 08/04/05 12:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Great post man. I definately agree with you.

--------------------
Nothing's more magical than a mushroom. =)
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4495089 - 08/04/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Ego loss is when you're tripping balls around a campfire with all your friends and you take a hit of nitrous and everything just fades away and absorbs into one giant ball.. thought, mind and matter.. and you are just this entity floating in an endless sea of consciousness awareness as a speck of light.

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4495279 - 08/04/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ego=Societal Recognition

This is why cannabis is frowned upon by the government.  Number one, they haven't figured out how to regulate it, to tax it, and to have complete control over the production and distrobution of it.
Number two, it dissassociates the individual from issues that are implied important by our leaders, and our "controlled" enviroment that 'the man' strives for us to live :smile: :lol:

Oh well, smoke it, and pay the price (price depending on where you reside) for getting caught.

I think pot is good.  I also think it is not a "laziness" factor within the individual, it is...like you said just a realization that most of the material shit, in the end does not matter.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Drugs and the Ego [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4495382 - 08/04/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's actually really cool. During the time that I was smoking a lot, come Christmas and my birthday my parents were BEGGING me to tell them something to buy me, and I couldn't tell them anything. I just didn't want at all.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4496030 - 08/04/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Now, i do not believe that this is caused by the 'lazyness' as it is referred to by our anti-drug advocates. I believe it has part to do with dissolving of the ego, that once someone gains access to (as i see it, a beautiful, wonderful plant) they begin to realize that everything in the world, our posessions, our relationships, our money, do not really matter, or are not the most important thing to living, that they need to try to enjoy their life as much as possible. Not that all do this, but many do, and to different degrees each his own, many times pertaining to what he wants his quality of life to be.

I agree.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
Re: Drugs and the Ego [Re: Icelander]
    #4496074 - 08/04/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Now, i do not believe that this is caused by the 'lazyness' as it is referred to by our anti-drug advocates. I believe it has part to do with dissolving of the ego, that once someone gains access to (as i see it, a beautiful, wonderful plant) they begin to realize that everything in the world, our posessions, our relationships, our money, do not really matter, or are not the most important thing to living, that they need to try to enjoy their life as much as possible. Not that all do this, but many do, and to different degrees each his own, many times pertaining to what he wants his quality of life to be.

I agree.  :thumbup:

I know.  :thumbup: Reading this I have to say that was awesomely said. Thanks for the new perception. Very cool.

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4496182 - 08/04/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Weed sure makes me lazy as fuck. I don't want to do homework, go to work, do work around the house, or do anything except watch TV, movies, or play video games.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #4496233 - 08/04/05 06:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I love this thread. You are so thoughtful. Thank you!
I quit smoking weed because losing my memory is absolutely horrifying to me. I did feel somewhat unmotivated to fulfill many responsibilities though. I think you shed some light on an underlying cause of why mariuana makes people less responsible.

--------------------
Namaste

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4496251 - 08/04/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What about rap stars? They love money, bitches, and weed.

--------------------

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Re: Drugs and the Ego [Re: freddurgan]
    #4496280 - 08/04/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
That's actually really cool. During the time that I was smoking a lot, come Christmas and my birthday my parents were BEGGING me to tell them something to buy me, and I couldn't tell them anything. I just didn't want at all.

And i was exactly the same way during my birthday and christmas (O, except my wacom tablet, because im into art alot) i just said if they wanted to give me something i guess money, so i could buy some cd's.

Quote:

Quote:
Shroomism said:
Ego loss is when you're tripping balls around a campfire with all your friends and you take a hit of nitrous and everything just fades away and absorbs into one giant ball.. thought, mind and matter.. and you are just this entity floating in an endless sea of consciousness awareness as a speck of light.

i will give you that one Shroomism, i take it you are speakin from first hand experience. Perhaps one day i shall experience this, but i still need to try a small dose of shrooms to begin with, lol

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Drugs and the Ego [Re: RedNucleus]
    #4496300 - 08/04/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: smoking weed does not fuck up your memory, maybe short term, but that goes away, I have been smoking off and on for years and still did well in school..and I was still active smoking weed everyday..I am only lazy if I want to be..weed is a good drug...some people just dont understand cannabis..

Edited by skunk78395 (08/04/05 06:32 PM)

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Re: Drugs and the Ego [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4496312 - 08/04/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
What about rap stars? They love money, bitches, and weed.

I thought someone might say this, and all i can think of is... well i dont like rappers, so we are going to ignore them. Also i mention that i was mainly referring to smarter people in my post, comparing the ones who use drugs to those who have been socially conditioned to not. Not to be racist but MOST black people i meet arent smart, or at least not by my definition, then again, most people in general arent smart by my definition.

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4496331 - 08/04/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

are you against black people? I have known a lot that got A's in high school and in college....fuck you suck dude... :thumbdown: :mad:

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Re: Drugs and the Ego [Re: Skunk420]
    #4496347 - 08/04/05 06:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nono, i have a couple black friends, but i find all the rappers and most of the black people in my school whom imitate them extremely pathetic and annoying, but i mean i also find alot of the preppy girls and jocks rather annoying.

And also, i tend to smoke and try to do something productive, either draw or get out or listen to really good music, i try not to do it just for recreation (the drawing mainly i guess) although i will admit it is a wonderful recreational drug.

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #4496369 - 08/04/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good post. I think I would have to agree with you :smile:

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4496375 - 08/04/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you need to get out of school and look around in the real world at all age groups...school isnt the whole world, school is a phase and I hated school, but I still will go back sometime....how old are you 18??..I could have kids almost your age if I got married at 18...

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

#4496389 - 08/04/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

skunk78395 said:
you need to get out of school and look around in the real world at all age groups...school isnt the whole world, school is a phase and I hated school, but I still will go back sometime....how old are you 18??..I could have kids almost your age if I got married at 18...

Hey, listen man i cant help it that i dont have as much life experience as you do, the fact that im only 18 and havent seen much past where i am is not my fault, dont give me shit just because im younger than you, im sick of people doing that. The fact that i really don't have access to the 'real world' isn't my fault. Ok, got that out of the way, i would much rather not argue that though, i am sure that as i grow and go from social community to community i will see differently, perhaps not due to where i live, but i hope so, i truly do.

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (08/04/05 07:01 PM)

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4496399 - 08/04/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

oh you are only 16 years old...hummm  :rolleyes: :banbanban:

Edited by skunk78395 (08/04/05 06:57 PM)

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

#4496420 - 08/04/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

my bad mistype

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder