Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Being fit v.s. the bike
    #4494294 -

Alright, so I think I'm in pretty good shape, I do yoga, I go running, hiking, sometimes to the gym, so last night my friend and I decide were gonna go for a bike ride, now I haven't riden a bike in the last 12 years, so I was a bit unsure about it, but its true, you never forget how to ride a bike, we ended up riding for about 3 hours, through the city and then down the lakeshore bike paths, it was a good ride, that resulted in slushies....but now my ass is killing me! if I'm fit should my butt hurt so much when the rest of my body is aok? I can barely sit, and lucky me, I'm at my sitting all day office job.


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Gillette]
    #4494325 -

I think its normal, just a matter of getting use to it. we arnt kids anymore so things now feel worst.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: buckwheat]
    #4494329 -

Yeah, whenever I ride a bike now, it hurts like a beyotch


--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Gillette]
    #4494348 -

Gillette said:
Alright, so I think I'm in pretty good shape, I do yoga, I go running, hiking, sometimes to the gym, so last night my friend and I decide were gonna go for a bike ride, now I haven't riden a bike in the last 12 years, so I was a bit unsure about it, but its true, you never forget how to ride a bike, we ended up riding for about 3 hours, through the city and then down the lakeshore bike paths, it was a good ride, that resulted in slushies....but now my ass is killing me! if I'm fit should my butt hurt so much when the rest of my body is aok? I can barely sit, and lucky me, I'm at my sitting all day office job.



Its a simple reason. 3 hours is a long time for someone who doesn't bike much. So you should feel it. You may be in shape with other things but you use different muscles for all sorts of activities. If you don't bike much then those muscles will hurt as the muscles for running are different. Bike more if you want to fix this. Best of both worlds if you run/bike alot!


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: PuZuZu]
    #4494387 -

Does your ass hurt because you sat on it for so long.. or because it got a work-out?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #4494958 -

Bikings fun, I know what you mean! That's normal though. You need a gentle but massage with erotic oils.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Worldbridger]
    #4495047 -

:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Worldbridger]
    #4495049 -

I went on a serious mountain bike ride for my first time last week... my ass still hurts when I sit on a bike seat.  I dunno how those guys do it.  It was a real nice bike too. :shrug:


--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Gillette]
    #4495112 -

yea, ur find, stretch and massage it in the hot shower helps, its just from not using those muscles in soooooooooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg. OR, try to go biking again, i find exercising the same muscles again soon after a long work out helps break up the lactic acid, which keeps you from hurtin so much for so long (hurts worse, but shorter, which i would rather have)

take some aleve or other anti inflamitory might help, not sure there tho.

Quote:
Its a simple reason. 3 hours is a long time for someone who doesn't bike much. So you should feel it. You may be in shape with other things but you use different muscles for all sorts of activities. If you don't bike much then those muscles will hurt as the muscles for running are different. Bike more if you want to fix this. Best of both worlds if you run/bike alot!




yea, i just started rock climbin again, which i hadnt done in like a couple years (indoor rock climbing place downtown) and my forearms, the underside(whats that muscle called) and the tendons in my wrist hurt like a bitch, their tight as hell... and im goin to a real mountain tomorrow, lol


--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (08/04/05 12:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: SerioOria]
    #4495141 -

Or let Droidy give it a good rub down.  I'll do it for free.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Worldbridger]
    #4495167 -

Ride 100 miles a week and you won't feel a 3 hour ride at all. And I'm 30.

It's simply a matter of getting those muscles in shape.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: nookjohn]
    #4495226 -

Try chamois butter.

Its essentially asslube to reduce friction from skin rubbing on seat.


--------------------
µgrammar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Gillette]
    #4495292 -

You're sore because for three hours you used muscles you don't normally use.
Bikes=pain for me. Take some motrin for a few days. Hope you'll feel better soon.


--------------------
Just a little nervous from the fall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Gillette]
    #4495334 -

Your ass is sore now but it'll be nice and toned :yesnod:

It usually does that to the first few times I ride my bike in Spring. It'll go away as you get used to riding your bike.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Gillette]
    #4495342 -

Riding a bike is like riding a bike.


--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4495391 -

Vitamin C and other antioxidants will take care of the free radicals in your blood from the soreness.


--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Gillette]
    #4495688 -

Biking rules! Good for you!  :heart: :heart: :heart:

It depends on how your butt hurts. If it's your muscles, then they are just a bit out of shape and need more practice. If it was chaffing, then you need a good pair of bike shorts and some powder or butter for your behind. If it's just the soreness that comes from riding on a bike seat for three hours, then that is just you not being used to the seat. You need to break in your butt to the seat, and the seat to your butt. Do so slowly, get a good seat, and you should have no problems :smile:  :thumbup:


--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

        :sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: Gillette]
    #4495752 -

all that means is you dont really use the muscles in your ass that much...everything else you probably use more often on a day to day basis. if you goto the gym there are spefic machines you could use to work those muscles....or just dont worry bout it :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: nookjohn]
    #4495785 -

nookjohn said:
Ride 100 miles a week and you won't feel a 3 hour ride at all.  And I'm 30.

It's simply a matter of getting those muscles in shape.



Dude.  :heart: I'm in the same boat. Biking is so addicting and wonderful. I enjoy transportation on a bike so much better then a car. I thanks the stars everyday I have a nice bike and a gym 300 feet from me.

Does anyone ever do Triathlons?  :heart: I should take up rock climbing. We have a wall in the Y here. That would be fun. Used to be so crazy about it when I was 12-14 but moved away from a gym.

I love sports/active stuff.  :smirk:


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being fit v.s. the bike [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4496333 -

KingOftheThing said:
all that means is you dont really use the muscles in your ass that much...everything else you probably use more often on a day to day basis. if you goto the gym there are spefic machines you could use to work those muscles....or just dont worry bout it :wink:



You mean like Droidy hand machines, lets get down to business, hehe.  I can work many areas of the body with my machine like hands.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Massage Therapy
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 3,270 30 11/08/13 02:22 PM
by pwnasaurus
* Any bike experts in the house?
( 1 2 all )
kake 3,055 24 09/04/06 11:06 AM
by kake
* I just bought my first road bike spud 860 17 05/09/07 09:51 PM
by Colbadol
* Anyone know any good fitness links? wyldtouch69 1,804 10 02/03/03 07:16 PM
by SubGen1us
* if you ever want a free massage... DoctorJ 447 3 04/05/06 04:17 PM
by slamdunk
* sports injuries, pulled muscles eligal 1,118 7 12/08/05 01:30 PM
by eligal
* so im thinking about getting a new bike thegatewaydrug 482 2 09/18/05 01:07 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* eating a bitch out and giving a bitch a foot massage
( 1 2 all )
Revelation 3,985 35 02/21/07 04:57 AM
by johnjohnson

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,842 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 182 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.