Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

Anyone know any good fitness links?
    #1273282 - 02/03/03 08:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

so I've been working really hard trying to get back into shape... and basically all I've been doing is getting 1 to 1 1/2 hour of cardio every other day running on this really kewl state-of-the-art treadmill, it even inclines and varies speeds when you put in a specific 'program'. And 30 minutes of strength training on some 'total gym' thingy on days I do cardio and 1 hour on days off of cardio. anyway, I'm fixing to move into an apt complex with a full gym with free weights and a lot of different equipment... since the shit I'm using now is my parent's, I need to get a good workout guide, but every site I go to wants me to pay! So anyone know any good FREE fitness sites?

ON another note...
In like Maxima or other such muscle mags, there's always those advertisements with the before and after pics of people who lost weight and toned up in like 3 months. It's like a contest and Myoplex (I think) sponsors it. Appearantly these people followed some fitness plan along with myoplex products to do this... anyone ever try this or is it a scam?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Anyone know any good fitness links? [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1273715 - 02/03/03 10:34 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.godsofiron.com/

ya, my sister showed me some site where everyone was fat before and huge in shape after. Myoplex doesnt ring a bell, but its the same idea, they were trying to sell something, and it was a contest that ppl won and stuff.

this one guy was like 300 lbs of fat before, and like more cut than schwarzenegger in the after pic. he won a bunch of money for it too. imagine, losing weight, bulking up, and winning money for it.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Edited by recalcitrant (02/03/03 10:38 AM)

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ...
    #1273716 - 02/03/03 10:35 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I know what your taking about, my mother is into this getting in shape stuff and gave me this book called Body For Life, by Bill Phillips, and if you tone up they enter you into a contest for a lamborghini and 100,000.00 or something.
I have been working out every day also, and I even got myself a personal trainer, the trainer said the best way to build muscle and tone up, is to do about 20-30 min Cardio every second day, and to do strength training in between the cardio's, as you must allow your muscles to rest for 24 hrs before strength training again or you will actually deteriorate your muscle tissue.
Also you should be doing 8 reps of 3 sets, the weight should be enough so that on your very last rep you can barely make it.
It takes some playing with but you will eventually find it, and once you do you must increase the weight as it gets easier.
So far it's been going good, I would also recommend that book Body For Life, as his program seems to work very well.

Good Luck :grin:   

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Anyone know any good fitness links? [Re: TeKn0]
    #1273736 - 02/03/03 10:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i dont completely agree, tekno

while yes, you do need to let your muslces rebuild, i find that if you tear your muscles down day after day after day after day you eventually get so fucking strong in such a short time its crazy.

i do 3 sets of 10 reps for building muscles huge. i then do 1 set of 50 reps with a lot less weight bu the same movement to change the way the mucles need to expend their energy. Doing lots of reps with little weight builds different lookign muscles. long and slender instead of enormous and vein-ey

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1274976 - 02/03/03 04:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Listen to your trainer, TeKnO. That's what you are paying him for. Hopefully you did some research and picked a good one.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1275201 - 02/03/03 05:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

a)Run/walk 30+ mins a day.
b)As many pushups and situps as possible. (optional)(better every other day)
c)Eat healthy (Three nourishing meals a day)

No bullshit, very simple; it works.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone know any good fitness links? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1275517 - 02/03/03 07:39 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah,
Thats kind of what I was thinking, but my trainer told me not to weight train everyday. It seems what I am doing now is working just fine for the time being.
I see your in Edmonton too, where do you work out at? 

"Listen to your trainer, TeKnO. That's what you are paying him for. Hopefully you did some research and picked a good one. "
As a matter of fact it is one of those free YMCA Trainers that you can make an appointment with if you have a membership at the YMCA.
I did no research and I dont pay him :grin:

--------------------

Edited by TeKn0 (02/03/03 07:42 PM)

InvisibleSubGen1us
 User Gallery

#1275591 - 02/03/03 08:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

My uncles a professional bodybuilder. I think u may have misinterpreted wat ur trainer said. Dont weight train the same muscle groups everyday...

U must break ur muscles down and they will build back up stronger. thats where supplements come in. U need stuff in ur body to build these muscles back up. For every pound u weigh, u should eat the same amount of protein example: 170 pounds = 170 grams of protein.
if u make a workout schedule u can properly weight train every single day(1 day rest if wanted) to get maximum results. Cardio is another key. u may take breaks in between reps/exercises but no more than "1 MIN" this is to keep ur heart rate going(cardio)
u do need to rest muscle groups so they will build back up. but since there is so many, u can make a schedule for the whole week! Vitamin E helps sooth sore muscles. Studies have been done on this- Eat 1 hour after workout. Eat 5- 6 little meal instead of 3. the reason for this is so u are never hungry. test have shown that u shock u body with 3 meal. If u eat many small meal ur metabolism stays at a constant rate that avoids this shock. try not to eat 3-4 hours before u goto bed.

getting that much protein each day is a difficult task.
heres some tips that i did when body building
dozen egg whites= 5 grams each
Glasses of milk= 8 grams each
Isopure protein drink=50 grams each

U can eat those protein bars but i think they taste like dirt. they also give u alot of vitamines. they basically make up fro a whole meal in one shitty tasting dirt bar.
ill try to find my old logs and get some more info

Peace

[edit] if u eat all that protein and sit on ur ass it will goto fat instead of rebuilding muscle(since there no broken down muscle to goto)
[edit] this is also based on a low fat diet. i ate no more than 5 grams of fat a day- reached 3 % body fat - amazing i know

--------------------

Edited by SubGen1us (02/03/03 08:24 PM)

InvisibleSubGen1us
 User Gallery

#1275633 - 02/03/03 08:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

U will be 1 sexy biatch in 1 month with this method.
If u are serious about this i will get u all the info u need.
Want me to continue?

--------------------

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone know any good fitness links? [Re: SubGen1us]
    #1275722 - 02/03/03 08:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I want you to....
And yes I know I could train different muscle groups, but I try to work most of them in one day, then do a cardio on the second day.
But then again I really dont know shit about building myself up so please continue :smile:   

--------------------

InvisibleSubGen1us
 User Gallery

#1275767 - 02/03/03 09:16 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

alright ill get back to it tomarrow when i get some sleep. this is good cause it will get me back into this too, the best feeling i had in my life, it cause me to stop drugs at the time(Healthy).

with this method u wont have time to do all ur muscle groups in one day unless ur there ALL day. lol

I was really into the lean muscle. I wanted to be real fuking strong and ripped. i didnt want to be big and bulky. very good for martial arts.

[edit] Ps im not sayng u have to stop doing drugs lol, i just did at the time. Peace.

--------------------

Edited by SubGen1us (02/03/03 09:18 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub