Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinek2nride
journeyman
sporeworks spore syringe quality?
    #4486277 - 08/02/05 06:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've grown huautla cubes before from a syringe from sporeworks. I tried puerto ricans before (then again i know my substrate was probably too dry cause the mycelium stopped suddenly in places) and i had nothing grow. Then I got some Golden Teachers and nothing grew at all. As in no mycelium. So I tried it again w/a new syringe and nothing germinated. The last 3 syringes I've gotten from sporeworks haven't ever germinated. The first time i ever tried growing, i had a good amount of mycelium after 5 days. Now every other attempt i've made hasn't came even close at all. The closest is like a small amt. of mycelium 2 weeks after inoculation. Here's my method. brf and verm 1/2 pint jars. 1/4 cup brf. 1/2 cup water and verm. Ill put into a pot of boiling water and set jars on a metal tray to keep them off the bottom. keeping lids tight. I don't understand why this only worked once. Mabe sporeworks has a lot of old syringes? This is making me mad cause there are no psy mushies that grow around here and i cant get any from anyone, and my cultivation is not working at all.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: sporeworks spore syringe quality? [Re: k2nride]
    #4486288 - 08/02/05 07:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have dealt with sporeworks on MANY occasions and all of their syringes have been TOP notch.

The problem here is with your technique.

1. buy a pressure cooker, this could be part of your problem.

A ton of reasons could be the cause of nothing growing. I doubt that this is a problem with a syringe.

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: sporeworks spore syringe quality? [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4486311 - 08/02/05 07:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i have dealt with sporeworks for my first grow and i know the syringe was good.
i'm really sorry to hear things haven't been working for you.

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4486360 - 08/02/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've never had a problem with a sporeworks syringe, although you may want to
contact them about that Golden Teacher if nothing at all grew

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: sporeworks spore syringe quality? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4486577 - 08/02/05 08:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

My syringes looked like they were already forming myc. when I got them! F'ing sweet. The bags I bought from them should colonize quick.Excellent sponsor/ seller!!!!!!!!

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
    #4486630 - 08/02/05 08:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I had the same thing happen to me with another vendor turned out it was my procedures not the syringes, I got a pressure cooker so I did'nt have to steralize as long by boiling which dries stuff out. I also added a touch more water, that helped a lot. I am finding that it is not an exact science because there are so many variables that an individual adds to the cultivation process that you have to adapt slightly, keep a log, and make small changes until you find out what works for you. Then you try to make small improvements to fine tune. For me I gave up on cakes because they almost seemed too fussy as far a moisture levels and steralization are concerned. I switched to wbs and poo and so far everything seems to be going beautifully. I am a complete newbe so this is all just my thoughts and opinions and a little of what I have read in the last couple of months. take it for what it is and good luck with your future endeavors. :smile:

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Suburbia
    #4486775 - 08/02/05 09:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

My first spores came from sporeworks not too long ago and my jars are doing great.  Don't forget to mention you're a member of the Shroomery because sometimes those companies hook you up with freebies :smile:.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation