Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
13-Year Olds Arrested in Death of DEA Agent
    #4477192 - 07/31/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

CNN

TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras (AP) -- Two boys, both 13, have been arrested in connection with the killing of a U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agent in an apparent bungled robbery attempt, Honduran Security Minister Oscar Alvarez announced Sunday.

DEA Special Agent Timothy Markey was shot to death on Friday while on vacation visiting a popular Roman Catholic shrine in Tegucigalpa.

FBI and DEA agents helped Honduran authorities track down the two suspects, who police describe as seasoned gang members.

The jailed suspects were identified as Erlan Colindres, who has escaped three times from correctional centers, and his bodyguard Manuel Romero.

"They are dangerous offenders, despite their young ages," said Alvarez at a news conference.

Honduran authorities are struggling to combat high rates of violent crime, much of it involving ruthless youth gangs, known as "maras," concentrated in urban areas.

The Mara Salvatrucha and rival Mara 18 have about 100,000 members and control poor neighborhoods in Honduras' principal cities using violence, threats and extortion.

President Ricardo Maduro, whose own son was kidnapped and killed in 1997, took office in 2002 promising to eliminate such gangs, but the groups have proven to be resilient.

On a two-day break in the Honduran capital, Markey took a cab from his hotel to visit the Basilica of Suyapa, a shrine to the country's patron saint, where he was confronted by two assailants, according to testimony from his taxi driver.

Shot twice, Markey was rushed to a nearby public hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police tracked the suspects down in the Nueva Suyapa neighborhood on the eastern outskirts of the capital.

Colindres had taken refuge in a gang house nicknamed "Little Hell" by neighbors, authorities said.

Police found a gun buried under the dirt floor of the residence.

Markey began his DEA service in September 1989 and was assigned to the General Watch Unit at the El Paso Intelligence Center in El Paso, Texas, at the time of his death.

Honduran authorities said the U.S. agent had been training Honduran police involved in drug interdiction efforts.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: 13-Year Olds Arrested in Death of DEA Agent [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4477714 - 07/31/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the kids body guard was 13? wtf...

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: 13-Year Olds Arrested in Death of DEA Agent [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #4477738 - 07/31/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug: Honduras?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinewhiteboi420
CrazyCracka
Loc: Fla.
Re: 13-Year Olds Arrested in Death of DEA Agent [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4477750 - 07/31/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thats some crazy shit

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: 13-Year Olds Arrested in Death of DEA Agent [Re: whiteboi420]
    #4477820 - 07/31/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

on a positive note, its certainly good to see kids today showing some interest in something other than video games and TV...

I for one believe that the entrepenurial spirit among adolescents should be encouraged...

but seriously, I would question the ability of two 13 year olds being able to kill a trained US interdiction agent... the fact that they weren't caught at the scene, but instead were 'tracked down', suggests to me that these two kids are just scapegoats for the real killers, probably the cops themselves...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: 13-Year Olds Arrested in Death of DEA Agent [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4478084 - 07/31/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't see what would be so hard for them to do.

They come up on him unaware and pull a gun. He tries to talk to them so as to prevent his mugging and they shoot him. Then they run away.

Sounds simple enough to me.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom