Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Loc: Next to Kitty (Yahweh)
Electric Razors for men with a propensity for razor burn/sensitive skin?
    #4458767 - 07/27/05 02:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Any ideas?  I found this link, http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=383371
but it's from 2004.  I'm willing to spend a few bucks to make my day start out with unicorns and rainbows.  :wink:

Any links or ideas?  Gratsie.  :cool:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
the pub mods are a cancer on our society as a whole.
pantsboy said:
Do kittens contain mescaline?  Because they should.

My GF & ME :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Electric Razors for men with a propensity for razor burn/sensitive skin? [Re: Bobo]
    #4458799 - 07/27/05 02:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

dunno anything about them, just use a regular razor its better then anything

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Electric Razors for men with a propensity for razor burn/sensitive skin? [Re: PriitK]
    #4458822 - 07/27/05 02:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i also got sensitive skin, i tend to shave rarely... and most of the time i just use the part that flips out for cuting long hairs. but i dont remember the last time i had a close shave...

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Re: Electric Razors for men with a propensity for razor burn/sensitive skin? [Re: eligal]
    #4458831 - 07/27/05 02:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
i also got sensitive skin, i tend to shave rarely... and most of the time i just use the part that flips out for cuting long hairs. but i dont remember the last time i had a close shave...

Yeah...that's my approach.  Can't use a blade as it's far too irritating.  I've been poorly-shaven for several years now.  I'm just trying to find an electric razor that will give me at least the _appearance_ of up-and-upness.  :wink: 

I'm just sick of trimming my whiskers back with the sideburn trimmer and then going over that with the close-foil portion and still not getting a decent shave without causing razor burn. 

Cheers for any help.  :laugh:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
pantsboy said:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Electric Razors for men with a propensity for razor burn/sensitive skin? [Re: Bobo]
    #4459135 - 07/27/05 06:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have the same problem and I highly recommend Norelco shavers! They don't irritate as much due to the rotary action of the blades. They're kind of expensive, but they'll last for years. I'm using my granddad's old Norelco and it's about 14-15 years old....

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4459571 - 07/27/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

grow a beard.

hippy.

:grin:

--------------------

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Re: Electric Razors for men with a propensity for razor burn/sensitive skin? [Re: Krishna]
    #4459877 - 07/27/05 11:41 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Dammit!  I can't do that!  They'll drug test me.  :smirk:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
pantsboy said:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#4460023 - 07/27/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've used several different electric razos throughout the years. Foils, rotary heads etc. My personal experience seems to be along the lines of what your review articls said:

1. No electric will shave "as close as a blade" period.
2. Electric razors IMO are just as (if not more) irritating as conventional blades.

In light of the above I'd suggest the gillete Mach 3. I haven't noticed anything special about the new vibrating one though.

My best bet has come from changing shaving creams, find one that works for you. Also, see if you can find a shave "cream", which looks like regular hand lotion and is different from traditional foams and gels. Also, experiment with shaving after you shower, after the gym, at different times of the day etc. it may loosen up and soften your whiskers and your skin will usually be more or less oily at different times of the day. Lastly, for the several "problem hairs" I have on my neck, I take the extra time to pluck them.

Believe me, I've had thick facial hair combined with sensitive skin my whole life. Little if anything will work but there are ways to improve your shave!

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4461336 - 07/27/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I used to get razor rash/bumps from both razors and electric shavers but I find this helps a great deal.

Wash your face and neck with hot water or soak your face with a hot, damp towel to open the hair folicles before you shave. I just normaly tend to shave after a hot shower or bath.

Don't pull the skin tight when shaving and try and shave every other day if possible.

Works like a charm for me  :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds