Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Jenny]
    #4451976 -

LorTabs very last post is quite sad and totally hints at it.

http://www.tokeup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=109461&postcount=18

Heres his obituary link if anyone wants to leave a friendly comment

http://www.legacy.com/houstonchronicle/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=14608700

He ended his life with a gun aparently confirmed in his other forum.


--------------------
:awesome:

Edited by Irishdrunk (07/25/05 06:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #4452160 -

i signed dudes guestbook.. its freakin weak to lose another.. this isnt the first time ive said it, but i wish i knew him better so i could have tried to help.. probably wouldnt have done any good, but man.. 20 is so young

much love matt!


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #4452325 -

Quote:
Said like a true addict . I'm not making light of your situation by any means. I've been there before, and it is definately no fun. When I used to be taking Oxycodone/Hydrocodone everyday, I couldn't imagine life without them. Even while in rehab, I had the most horrible cravings, and thought life was just boring without them.

You will always crave it no matter what. I hate to say it, but it's always gonna be a monkey on your back. You just have to learn to control your cravings, and stay away from the drug at all costs. I haven't had any oxy in over a year, but I still think about it everyday. I may crave for it, but I have a much better life now that I'm free from that burden.

Here's a problem that many have. The only way I was able to quit oxy was to cut off all connections with anyone involved in it. Yes, that means even your friends. I know that sounds bad, but the only way you're ever gonna quit, is if cut off all connections.

Oxycodone had a grip on me for the longest time, but I'm finally free from it. And I will tell you one thing. Life isn't always fun, but I'd much rather be depressed and clean, then depressed and withdrawaling from opiates. Life is much better indeed

Best of luck to you man.

Peace



Damn :frown:  I really hope it wasn't an overdose, accidental or intentional.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #4452331 -

i just noticed.. dude was born on valentines day


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Yarry]
    #4452360 -

On his other forum someone who went to the funeral or heard from someone who did said he used a gun to kill himself. It hasnt been confirmed yet I dont think.


--------------------
:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #4452394 -

yea it was earlier in this thread, gunshot to the head


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Yarry]
    #4454146 -

Rest In Peace Lortab

I just got out of detox and heard about this.

Shitty news.  :thumbdown:


--------------------
"Is it a mile walking, or a mile driving?" - dobie


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Kevin]
    #4454532 -

My condolences to Lortab's family and friends.

If there is anyone here who is contemplating suicide, send me a PM and I will give you my phone number followed by a hundred reasons why life is worth living.

No one should willingly leave such a strange and wonderful existence such as our own. Meeting many of you is reason enough to want to live for at least another 100 years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: nookjohn]
    #4454535 -

nookjohn said:
My condolences to Lortab's family and friends.

If there is anyone here who is contemplating suicide, send me a PM and I will give you my phone number followed by a hundred reasons why life is worth living.

No one should willingly leave such a strange and wonderful existence such as our own. Meeting many of you is reason enough to want to live for at least another 100 years.



i second that. im here alot and id help any single one of you as best i can!


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Yarry]
    #4455042 -

Although I didn't know him, I wish I would have gotten the chance. Perhaps he could have used some love before it was too late, if only he could have seen there are people who care.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Yarry]
    #4455048 -

Losing a sibling at such a young age is very hard. I don't blame Lortab for his decision - it was his and no one else's (even though this sucks).

I lost my brother last year at the age of 20 (he was 23). It is a living hell. The thoughts of what could/should have been circle around in your head as you try to sleep and they continue when you wake up. It is a very tough emotional rollercoaster with its "ok days" and days of sorrow.

Unfortunately, the family members left behind are going to be suffering twice as hard.

In the very least, he is not suffering this pain anymore, and this particular emotional pain is unimaginable in severity until it happens. I hope all of you guys are doing okay.. If any of you have lost a sibling, send a PM my way. Hopefully we can offer solace or peace for each other instead of choosing the alternative. :frown: I wish I had known about his brother. :frown:

Stay strong shroomerites,

s2

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Adden]
    #4455299 -

oh man I have talk to him in IRC. This brings tears to my eyes because I have recently thought about ended it but my BF  pulled me out of it.

I really hurt for him because I know what he was going through. The will to live can be so weak sometimes. Hopefully he is in a better place where he feels major love.

My heart goes out to his family and friends he was a nice guy :frown:

::runs away to cry::


--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #4456306 -

heh Shroomery Suicide Hotline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Jumpy]
    #4456503 -

Wow. No offense intended or anything but I thought this thread was going to be about the pain killer Loratab possibly going off the market. WTF

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Liz]
    #4457161 -

sadness man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Jumpy]
    #4457864 -

Jumpy said:
heh Shroomery Suicide Hotline





thats not a bad idea actually. I sure there are many people that would volunteer to be the helping voice


--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #4457916 -

I would.


--------------------

Sometimes we let the preoccupations of this cruel world get the best of us and we lose track of the things that really matter.

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: InsatiableThirst]
    #4457933 -

me too


--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Jumpy]
    #4458003 -

Jumpy said:
heh Shroomery Suicide Hotline




its been briefly discussed in this thread....


http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4237458/page//fpart/1/vc/1


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Liz]
    #4459208 -

That sucks. It's wierd hearing about a death here.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 11/21/05, I'll be spending an evening with Phil Lesh C20H25N3O 352 0 10/17/05 11:12 PM
by C20H25N3O
* LorTab sui 1,789 13 05/09/07 04:55 PM
by CUBErt
* $2 PayPal (Verified) for $1 E-Gold Xenophobic 792 2 11/16/06 06:52 PM
by Brainiac
* Estimated 150,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Sinbad 27,354 144 01/05/05 10:27 PM
by usefulidiot
* Star Trek's Mr. Scott dies at 85 RoadkillM 921 13 07/20/05 11:02 PM
by TYL3R
* It's 05-05-05 today... do you know what that means?
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 2,986 33 05/06/05 02:48 AM
by Roadkill
* KC's Pick of the Week 12/18/05 *mp3 download* kosmic_charlie 898 5 12/20/05 01:02 AM
by notapillow
* I got ripped off by a web site (BIG TIME)!
( 1 2 3 all )
KrazieH8er 3,756 48 06/09/05 11:56 AM
by PaulAtreides

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
12,726 topic views. 7 members, 21 guests and 198 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.