Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
mexico
    #4403576 - 07/14/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i know what mushrooms grow in the area and when.. but since most of the posts here are about the us and europe and canada, iwas wonndering if anyone has hunted around the centeral mexico area to south america , ands if anyone as any tips for hunting.. thanks and sorry if this question is not allowed (or if anyone has any stories aboiut hunting in that area)

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: mexico [Re: leafing]
    #4403725 - 07/14/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

once at a costa rican rainbow gathering someone found some white active mushrooms growing on horse poo... i didnt learn any cool identification tips or anything but we ate some and wow!
:smile:

also in palenque, mexico.. in chiapas.. there is a road leading to the pyramids.. and there some people that are usually there, selling some... you can check those out and prolly find more.. id suggest the rainy season.. are you from down there? do you have any tips? :smile:

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Re: mexico [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4403827 - 07/14/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well ive lived in mexico city for four years and im moving to costa rica in a month... i kniw shrooms grow plentiful in centeral mexico where the capital is and i was wondering if i could find any in a park where sometimes there are horses walking around...im also wondering what other shrooms besides cubensis grow in costa rica (i know they said alot around south america and some parts of centeral america, but im wondering if that includes costa rica)

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

OfflineVicuna
Stranger
    #4403860 - 07/14/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Don't know much about central Mexico, but from the Yucatan and Chiapas to Central America and Venezuela I have learned 3 most valuable lessons.
First, a little bit of Spanish and a few extra coins go a long way when seeking permission to enter a field or if confronted. The less grubby I dress the less problems I seem to have. The fancier I dress, the more money they want for permission. Somewhere in between works best.
Second, always remember that, in a lot of great picking spots, you may be seen as an an intruder by hongeros - people who earn their meager living by picking and selling shrooms to gringos. I like to by some from them if approached, or I teach them how to make prints in the field, or show them about proper storage (those banana leaves suck!)
Third, don't screw with Evangelicos. I have noticed a big change recently where missionaries and other religious types in Mexico and Central America are preaching about the evils of mushrooms. This has resulted in many fields being virtually closed down or ''policed'' by religious nuts.
Other than that, hunting down here is pretty much the same as all over. Maybe the fields are a little more rugged and the chiggers a little more pesky, but it is all worth it.

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
    #4403948 - 07/14/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

leafing said:
well ive lived in mexico city for four years and im moving to costa rica in a month... i kniw shrooms grow plentiful in centeral mexico where the capital is and i was wondering if i could find any in a park where sometimes there are horses walking around...im also wondering what other shrooms besides cubensis grow in costa rica (i know they said alot around south america and some parts of centeral america, but im wondering if that includes costa rica)

the rainy season is now in mexico

--------------------

~Leafing~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom