Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

anti fungal?
    #4394162 - 07/12/05 12:47 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i cant find a previous post about this, or anything on google for some reason, but i heard that some farmers use something (saltlick? anti-fungal? no idea what) that wont let the cubes grow in thier shart.  is this true or is it just a myth? what is it?

-thanks  :tongue2:

--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: anti fungal? [Re: SgtBob]
    #4394181 - 07/12/05 01:00 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/203600.htm

I'm still looking for something about Cow Feed but this is a start for now!

"S"

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4394195 - 07/12/05 01:07 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It's a long held hunting rumor. Sorry guys, 199 out of 200 farmers probably never use it. It would be a dumb decision on anyones part, because fungi offer many benefits to maintain the health of a field. Also, it would be very expensive to use fungicide on large amounts of land. It's even a bigger rumor and a totally bogus idea that there is 'anti cubensis salt licks' LMAO.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

Re: anti fungal? [Re: YESSUP]
    #4394201 - 07/12/05 01:09 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

wow ya thats quite a start. gonna take me a few minutes to read all of that, but when i opened the page i felt a scientist throw a text book at me filled with big words!  :biggrin:

--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

#4394212 - 07/12/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

ok thanks for clearing it up. i know it sounds kinda crazy but its pretty common rumor around me down in the FL area. Ive literally heard it from at least 3 different sources and probably with 3 different substances being the "evil anti-fungal".

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #4394235 - 07/12/05 01:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

They just want you out of there Fields...

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Edited by YESSUP (07/12/05 01:18 AM)

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4394236 - 07/12/05 01:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Salt licks are there because the cows need it for their health not for killing the mushrooms.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification