Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomdom
Stranger
anyone wanna go hunting
    #437966 - 10/26/01 07:11 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

hey im here for a week hunting psilocybes. im not retarded on the subject but i guess i shouldnt say that i no anything because people are dicks on here as i found out and if you say one thing they dont like they spend time critiquing what you say rather than being helpful. most likely those people dont know shit about shit but anyway, does anyone wanna go hunting this weekend or n monday im leaving tuesday and hunting with people who've done it before would be a good experience. Im 18 and im in port townsend right now . please respond i would appreciate it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerungi
journeymana

Re: anyone wanna go hunting [Re: shroomdom]
    #437990 - 10/26/01 07:54 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

stunzii and cyans can be found in woodchips bark grass near woodchip with high lignin compostion. review pictures of cyan and look closley at the type of woodchip the color texture and size. adjust your eyes to see small they are very occaasionally hard to see, but once you see them they stick out brightly. liberty caps can be found in old cow fields. they are difficult to see you have to move the grass around and they are tiny. there is a dump between tacoma and olympia drive around this area until youfind industrial and newly construted residential areas jump on a bike and scan the grass landscape and wood chips. this may help you.

Offlineshroomdom
Stranger
Re: anyone wanna go hunting [Re: rungi]
    #437996 - 10/26/01 08:07 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

thanks a lot for your help rungi. today i was in a field with a lot of wood and i saw many mushrooms that looked like cynaescans except the gills were orangish as opposed to purplish brown and there was no immediate bluing so i dont think theyu were it.also do all psilocybes have purplish brown gills because i found a lt of mushrooms today that looked like they were semis because they were in troops in tall grass in a field but they didnt have those type of gills.

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #438053 - 10/26/01 09:35 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

First of all, where are you located. It's important to know where a person is, before you can know what mushrooms grow in your area. Second, you say you found shrooms that looked like Cyanis(sp?), but they have a rust brown spore print, they sound suspiciously like Galerinas. Those are deadly! Don't even touch them. All psylocibin mushrooms bruse(sp?) blue, have a palatial(sp?) veil, and have purple spores. If they don't meet all of these criteria, they are not psylocibes.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: anyone wanna go hunting [Re: superpimp]
    #438449 - 10/27/01 09:57 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Superpimp, this guy said he was in Port Townsend, man.
Also, he didn't say that his "look-alike" cyans had a "rust brown" spore print. He just said the gills weren't purple-brown.
Also, not all P S I L O C Y B E species of mushrooms will bruise blue. As a matter of fact, very few species in this family actually do bruise blue. Remember, there are many, many species of Psilocybe that do not contain any "active" alkaloids and also some that contain such small amounts that they cannot be considered an "active" species. There are far more "bunk" Psilocybe species than there are "active" ones.
It seems that only the Psilocybes that contain high percentages of Psilocin will bruise blue. For instance, Ps. Stuntzii, a weakly to moderatly active species, does not generally bruise blue. There have been personal accounts of persons finding this species that has shown bluing, but generally it does not. Ps. cyanescens, Ps. baeocystis, and Ps. azurescens(some of the more common "potent" PNW mushrooms) will allmost always bruise where touched by human hands and/or natural occurances such as twigs and branches breaking from trees and falling upon them.
I have no idea what you are referring to when you say palatial (sp?) veil. Are you thinking "partial veil"? This is what I gather. Well, not very many Psilocybe species keep remnants of a partial veil. Some examples of Psilocybes that do are Ps. Stuntzii, Ps. fimetaria, Ps. subfemitaria(Ps. sierrae) and Ps. cubensis. On the other hand, quite a few Psilocybes do have an "annular zone" which is an area where the cap has opened in maturity, after the cap has freed itself from the stem to allow the gills to asexually spread spores.
Something else: Purple is a good color here, but spore prints vary from Psilocybe to Psilocybe. Generally, though, the spores' color will be a gray or brown color with a hint of purple in them. The purple is sort of a light-bending color, rather than a focus-forward color.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #438452 - 10/27/01 10:09 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Shroomdom, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you for a hunt, but then again, I'm one of those "dicks" that "critique" what you say, rather than being helpful! LOL.
Of course we're gonna correct each other if someone makes a mistake in ID, etc. Relatively speaking, if you're ignorant of the subject, don't come here and try to prove something that isn't true. You may think It's a "dick-headish" thing, but really its a "helpful" thing. Get it?
Members should leave the Psilocbyian facts up to the members who know what they're talking about, rather than someone who's read something and can't exactly remember or spell it(foggy memory?) correctly. Seriously, we're talking about mushrooms here. Mushrooms have a wide spectrum from edible-hallucinogenic-extremely deadly. And if we're talking about some mushroom growing in the wild, we're talking about the potential of someone getting very sick or dying! Seriously! Very seriously! If someone who has no experience in the subject and only has read some experienced hunters quotes, that someone has no positive reason to even respond, considering their personal ignorance. See, man, this is why you think that we're "dicks".
This is not about a clique, man! This is not about seniority. This is about potential harmful information! Understand?
PM me, Mr. "I'm in Port Townsend" and I'll take you on a hunt for the HOLY GRAIL that can easily be found. Hehe!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Offlineshroomdom
Stranger
Re: anyone wanna go hunting [Re: Levi7]
    #438640 - 10/27/01 03:31 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

no i seriously know a lot about psilocybes. i just phrased my sentence wrong and you thought i meant something alse im very careful when it comes to picking i look for bluing on cyans and blue rings on stuntzis semis i look for slender stems with a nippled cap. I have that book psilocybin mushrooms of the world and have read it a few times. gills should be brown sporeprint purple and cap gelatinous. cap will also be chestnut brown i know the areas these mushrooms grow but not the behavior of their growth such as solitary gregarious, etc. hats why an experinced hunter would be of much help. so levi if you want to hunt im down and anyone for that matter. i promised the guys back home that id find shrooms and thought i would but these damn things are harder to find than i thought.
peace all.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale