Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
My plant
    #4379787 - 07/07/05 02:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

isnt she cute. Im not growing seriously, I just got given a seed and stuck it in a pot on my parents balcony. grows damn quick. smells nice too :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: My plant [Re: bubkuss]
    #4379792 - 07/07/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

purdy!!  youre a regular contemporary bubkus apple seed :smile:

only with WEED.

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinemasana
Stranger
Re: My plant [Re: Todcasil]
    #4379837 - 07/07/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

that makes me very happy, only... i wish im like... there. now...

right. now. LSDFKJSEFKLSFJSDLFKSEORVI

oh wow, what are the odds that the first 3 letters of my angry letter banging would be LSD. hm.

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
Re: My plant [Re: Todcasil]
    #4379839 - 07/07/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I just hope my parents take care of her when i return to the UK next week. She sure as hell likes the Spainish sunshine :laugh:

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#4379984 - 07/07/05 03:45 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

looks healthy but it's absolutely begging for more light.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
Re: My plant [Re: felix]
    #4380008 - 07/07/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

felix said:
looks healthy but it's absolutely begging for more light.

really? It gets diffuse sunlight, but its 35C here so i only put it in direct sunlight for an hour a day. Thing is the sunny part of my balcony gets the wind and the poor thing gets blown all over the place and im scared it will damage it.

How can you tell that? I have absolutely no idea about growing so some tips would be great.

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#4380034 - 07/07/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

see how it's real stretched out like that? they usually do that when they want more light. 35C is a bit warm, but sometimes they like it that hot. they like the direct, bright light. you can try it out with it in the direct hot sun, just make sure the soil doesn't dry out...that's the main thing. maybe try an extra hour every other day and then build up to just full sun all day.

the wind can help too. i see you have a stake in the pot to help with stability at the moment, probably cause it's so stretched out and flimsy? a good breeze will help strengthen the stems, sometimes cause massive tree-like stumps. i say leave that stake in there, but expose her to that wind. if it's really strong wind, it could hurt more than help though.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
    #4380055 - 07/07/05 04:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

felix said:
see how it's real stretched out like that? they usually do that when they want more light. 35C is a bit warm, but sometimes they like it that hot. they like the direct, bright light. you can try it out with it in the direct hot sun, just make sure the soil doesn't dry out...that's the main thing. maybe try an extra hour every other day and then build up to just full sun all day.

the wind can help too. i see you have a stake in the pot to help with stability at the moment, probably cause it's so stretched out and flimsy? a good breeze will help strengthen the stems, sometimes cause massive tree-like stumps. i say leave that stake in there, but expose her to that wind. if it's really strong wind, it could hurt more than help though.

right I will try that. Yeah the stake is there because at one point she wasnt even upright, she was on the edge of the pot like it was really trying to get as close to thye sunlight as possible.

Its a shiva shanti strain if that means anything to you. Also how big does it need to be before i put it in a bigger pot, Im guessing the pot is around 2/3 of a pint at present.

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#4380085 - 07/07/05 04:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i've never tried the shiva shanti, but i think that's an indica strain..? usually, indicas stay low to the ground and a bit bushy.

when transplanting to a different pot, just remember there's as much under the soil as there is above it. so once the foliage seems like it's bigger than the little pot it's about time to transplant. another easy way is to check the roots. if they start growing out of the holes in the bottom or if they start to weave themselves back and forth througout the soil, causing a bound up mass of soil (rootbound), it's time to change. double the size they are currently in, you may have to transplant about 3 or 4 times throughout it's life...

--------------------

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
    #4380110 - 07/07/05 04:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.sensiseeds.com/ml/shop.asp?MainLev=3&PluNr=226

I guess it is an indica. my housemate gave it to me, and the catalogue he had said it was suitable for outdoor growing.

Ill check the roots tomorrow and see if it needs repotting.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub