Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

*-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-*
    #4353164 - 06/29/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It seems to be nearing the end. In my eyes it is only a matter of time before someone sets off a chem/bio/nuke weapon somewhere. In turn it could quite possibly set off a big ass war that will kill millions and possibly destroy the world.

My question is, IF THIS WERE INEVITABLE would you want it to happen in your time? Why or why not?

I would like it to happen in my time. If the world is going to come to an end, then I most certainly want to be around for it. See how it takes place. Perhaps even have a hand in attempting to save it or help it along depending on how it goes down.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: daimyo]
    #4353184 - 06/29/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well personally, if it ends in my time I would want it to be way later in life when I am close to death anyway. That would be fine with me. Purely selfish reason I know, but hey, most people probably would agree.

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4353190 - 06/29/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I completely agree, that would be my choice too. If I was going to see it all go down, I'd want to have lived a majority of my life already.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4353239 - 06/29/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

id rather go quick from a bomb i think...than go slow from cancer (everyone is getting cancer)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4353260 - 06/29/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sure most would want it to be when there life was nearing it's natural end. But would you rather it end in your time so you could witness it, or end after you have passed?

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
    #4353360 - 06/29/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Or maybe some would want to die younger, so that they die at a prime age.

Personally, I don't ever want to witness something like that. It would be nerve wracking til the very end. The whole time i'd think about what death was.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4353396 - 06/29/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
I'm sure most would want it to be when there life was nearing it's natural end. But would you rather it end in your time so you could witness it, or end after you have passed?

Well, I'd rather it would be well after my life. OTherwise, I'd practically be rooting for the world to end in the next 30 or 40 years.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4353462 - 06/29/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

> My question is, IF THIS WERE INEVITABLE ...

The end of the world is inevitable. At some point, likely
billions of years from now, our sun will run out of nuclear fuel
and envelop the earth in the process of its death. Personally,
I can do without witnessing The End.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #4353503 - 06/29/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Boiledmeatloaf said:
Or maybe some would want to die younger, so that they die at a prime age.

I thought thought that was only me!!!

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: geokills]
    #4353522 - 06/29/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You know whats really sad? It isn't the ignorant life-forms fucking this planet up royal. It is we humans,the most intelligent life-form that inhibit this planet, totally destroying it. This is such an oxymoron.. You would think that we would have the intelligence and common sense to try to preserve all of our natural resources. Is our intelligence really a curse?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4353644 - 06/29/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It's always been only a matter of time, even for the universe itself.

I wouldn't mind seeing the end of the world. I think it'd be an interesting way to go, as I most surely wouldn't survive it. But chemical, biological or nuclear warfare ending it? Chemical and biological would kill some life, but I doubt all, and definitely wouldn't destroy the planet in any situation I can comprehend. Even nuclear warfare would probably leave behind at least bacteria, if not even some major life that could again start anew. It wouldn't be the first time; we've been hit with a massive comet before some think at the end of the dinosaur age, and have experienced mass extinctions time and time again.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: Ravus]
    #4355128 - 06/30/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You have one of the trippiest avatars I've ever seen!

.. and indeed it is in the least interesting and at most dispicable and sad, that humans have held true to the analogous representation of a virus on this planet, consuming and consuming until there is seemingly nothing left to do but leave this globe and find another resource to exploit :nonono:

Promote Nuclear Power!  Seriously, it is one of the cleanest and most effective sources of power that we can use :thumbup:.  Solar and wind are cool too, but they just don't compare in terms of output... and hydro-electric is decent but much thought needs to go into the planning of any man-made dams and its effect on local ecosystems.  Also, dam's will ultimately fail much quicker than the other options imo.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: geokills]
    #4355463 - 06/30/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

.. and indeed it is in the least interesting and at most dispicable and sad, that humans have held true to the analogous representation of a virus on this planet, consuming and consuming until there is seemingly nothing left to do but leave this globe and find another resource to exploit

But I don't think this is just viruses; this seems to be to be the hallmark of any overly successful species, organism or separated group of nucleic acids. We're so successful in terms of the macroscopic organism species that we're not held in check sufficiently by anything else. Viruses and bacteria do some damage to us, but with medicine we can push them down and continue to expand.

Unlike others, I don't see this as a human problem, nor even really a problem at all. This is simply natural selection, and is only temporary; humans will pass on and another species will replace us, or we'll evolve into that better species. Either way, nothing will remain static.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #4355530 - 06/30/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

None of us will be around to see the end of the world, however we may be around to see the end of human life. I have a feeling I will see the shit hit the fan in my lifetime. It's an excciting time to be alive and I wouldn't miss the end of the world (for humans) for well... the world. The real question I think is, when the power shuts off and resources are getting thinner will you take action to get your piece of the pie? Would you be willing to fight for the scraps and protect your remaining resources or accept that were just biding time and let what happens happen. I'm talking on a personal level here, I think on a global/national level this has already begun to happen.

InvisibleRESTLESS
C.M.L.W.

Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4355609 - 06/30/05 02:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This thread makes me sad  :crying:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: *-==--==-* World Destruction *-==--==-* [Re: Ravus]
    #4356395 - 06/30/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:

But I don't think this is just viruses; this seems to be to be the hallmark of any overly successful species, organism or separated group of nucleic acids. We're so successful in terms of the macroscopic organism species that we're not held in check sufficiently by anything else.

Unlike others, I don't see this as a human problem, nor even really a problem at all. This is simply natural selection, and is only temporary; humans will pass on and another species will replace us, or we'll evolve into that better species.

We can call it natural selection of course, but I do believe that almost every other species on this planet is able to come into some form of equilibrium with its environment, a symbiotic relationship of sorts. Perhaps it is simply that I am observing the growth of our species on too limited of a timescale, as indeed we are still growing and we may find that at some point down the line something will occur naturally to halt our growth, diminish it, or even expire it entirely.

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't like passing the buck on our over-indulgance of natural resources by blanketing it as simply the natural selection of being such a successful species. To be truly successful, I would hold that we need to come into equilibrium with our planet before the planet starts to force it upon us through undesireable and unrepealable means (ie. an imbalance of consumers and their necessary resources, thus resulting in the end-game of mass famine).

You may not see this as a human problem, but I see it as a very real threat to the future persistance of the human race - and though it may not occur in our lifetime, I still consider it our problem since our intelligence should delegate responsibility upon us for future generations. There is no doubt that we have been consuming our natural resources at a much higher rate than we or the earth can replenish them, all the while allowing our population to grow relatively unchecked. In fact, not only is this a human problem, it is a global problem that will affect every living thing on this planet. By putting ourselves in the position that we have, we have necessitated an ethical oversight of all organisms on this planet - as truly, they are at our mercy, and the mercy of our mistakes.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom