Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
A New Gathering Policy
    #4325657 -

Hey guys.  I know a lot of you Pubbers were at the gathering just passed, and I want you all to share your memories and talk about it for months on end, but I also want you to be aware of a new policy that has been recently been added to the Gathering Fourm:

Thor said:
1. Discussion of drugs and drug use in this forum is prohibited. This is done for some very obvious reasons, partially because of not attracting the wrong attention but as well the wrong crowd. We want this forum to be about the people, not the drugs

2. We strongly recommend that for smaller gatherings that no dates be publically posted. The organizer(s) should set up a mailing list and only mail out the dates to users who have asked about coming.

3. Use common sense, you are going out on a grand adventure to meet some really cool people. There are always concerns to meeting up with fellow Shroomerites, but the great thing is in all the many gatherings we've had nothing but great response to them. Go out and meet your community!

4. Kind of another point to #1 but please understand we know of course what goes on in gatherings, but we want people to gather to meet people, not to see how messed up you can get. Nobody wants to babysit you, nobody wants to see anyone hurt. If you go to gatherings to test your limits on drugs, please reconsider. If you want to come have fun and get to know people from this great community, then get your ass out there! 




Our primary concern is the saftey of everyone involved.  I would really appreciate it if you all would consider any posts that you made about the recent gathering and edit your own words if you feel that you may have expressed any kind of excessive behavior.

What is important here is the people, the family even.  Not what you managed to consume without passing out.  Let's make gatherings as safe and fun as possible!

:heart:,
Bom


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: CherryBom]
    #4325688 -

im glad to see this. :sun: :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4325701 -

:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: CherryBom]
    #4325771 -

:blush:  I went back and edited a couple o' things...my apologies!  The most memorable thing about this weekend after all to me is the sea of faces I can match up to the text I read all day...not some silly ehemicals. :smirk:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4325780 -

Werd, Robot.  Thank you for doing that.  I really, really appreciate it.  :hug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: CherryBom]
    #4325812 -

Sure thing...gonna go find a couple others.


I figure this is something that's really easy to be lazy about, and the more encouraging responses this thread gets, the more of a bandwagon that'll develop.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4325841 -

There's only one mod in there and the admin's to monitor :/


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: blink]
    #4325847 -

It seems like a forum that would need a close eye trained on it, too.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: CherryBom]
    #4325854 -

Good job Bom! :heart:


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4325865 -

im glad to see this, the one gathering that i went to the only iowa gathering was about the people. i can say that the people i met there i still talk to. i want about drugs at all. we did have a grand adventure and god willing we will have another,

sory bom i thought i was going to get back soon last night, but i didnt :frown: ill hit you up tonight :smile:


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4325910 -

Good posting. That is the way the Nook gatherings have gone. Adults come informed, act safely, and look out for one another.

Based upon my previous experiences I was looking out for everybody at the NE gathering and I feel like it went off without a hitch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: nookjohn]
    #4326166 -

I give this thread a  :thumbup:


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: CherryBom]
    #4327248 -

:thumbup:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: blissedout]
    #4327711 -

So no talking about drugs in the pub at all? Or just pertaining to gatherings? It is a pub after all so we can at least talk about beer right? That is a drug too though so I don't know :shrug:


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4327721 -

No talking in the pub about what some people do at the gatherings. Talking about the gathering is fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4327741 -

Read Bom's post again and you'll see it's clear...everyone knows that drugs are going to get done at gatherings, but portraying what you or anyone else did at a gathering in terms of heroic doses or combinations comes off as irresponsible. YOu can talk about these things without coming off like yer bragging or anything.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: blink]
    #4327754 -

blinkidiot said:
There's only one mod in there and the admin's to monitor :/



I'm new in the Gathering forum  :smile: 2 mods now...

Don't hesitate to use the notify button!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: CherryBom]
    #4327787 -

Just to clarify...I have a lot of pictures posted, as do many other people, or people doing drugs.  I wasn't bragging about it, or even specifically talking about what ones I did...do I need to take those out?

I think there's a difference between talking about your experiences and making gatherings out to be ALL about drugs, which they're obviously not.  If there was not a single drug there this past weekend, I still would have had an amazing time meeting everyone and getting to know people better.

But lets face it, this is a drug site...so I think to have a zero tolerance policy about not talking about drugs in the gathering forum wouldbe a little ridiculous.  I hope that's not what is being put into effect.  I think it's funny to look back at some pictures of people doing some things and laugh.  :shrug:

If you're proposing not bragging, and not taking/talking about herois doses, I agree 100%.  We don't need irresponsible kids ruining everyone elses time, and we don't need to attract people that only care about that aspect of the community.  :thumbup:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy *DELETED* [Re: Liz]
    #4327799 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A New Gathering Policy [Re: Liz]
    #4327827 -

Hey fallie, you bring up some good points.

A zero tolerance on drug discusssion would be rediculous.  That's not what we want to implement at all.  We just want to see that gatherings are portrayed to those who have never been, and n00bs, as a cool place to meet some interesting people. 

It has been brought to our attention that there is a considerable amount of negative conotation with gatherings and 'excessiveness'.  There have been some pretty serious issues at massive gatherings in the past and we'd really like to prevent those kinds of situations from happening ever again.  It's really not necessary and nobody wants to deal with it on thier vacation.

So in closing...I'm not asking to edit every picture, every word, every mention of drug use.  Just that you think before you post and if what you are going to portray might be the wrong idea, please reconsider.

Recreational drug use can be a hell of a lot of fun in moderation, but the reality of the situation is that some people do get hurt and some people do go overboard.  Just because this is the Shroomery does not mean that a gathering is the appropriate place for this kind of behavoir.  We are intelligent adults.

Thank you guys for being so supportive about this!

:heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Gatherings
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 6,838 60 12/26/04 12:13 PM
by candyaddict
* Rainbow Gathering vintage_gonzo 968 1 06/21/06 07:34 PM
by demiu5
* Uh Oh....Rainbow Gathering.
( 1 2 all )
Penguarky Tunguin 4,964 21 06/26/06 12:15 PM
by Microcosmatrix
* Rainbow Gathering... inv3rse 2,642 19 02/26/06 02:55 PM
by inv3rse
* Colorado's new drug policy....
( 1 2 all )
doctor_gonzo 2,969 21 08/10/06 04:30 PM
by mntlfngrs
* Bush's and Kerry's Drug Policy pantsboy 1,247 17 10/31/04 02:47 PM
by Krishna
* How long till the first Shroomery gathering gets raided?
( 1 2 3 all )
ivi 7,152 46 03/29/05 11:48 PM
by baraka
* Europe Gathering 2005 !!! (organizing and ideas?)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
stefan 15,048 140 01/06/05 02:32 AM
by Hamurabi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,029 topic views. 7 members, 8 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.