Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Life Aquatic
    #4285177 -

Anyone seen this movie? I'm not sure just what to make of it. I think I need to see it again under the influence of something. I have to admit it was nothing like I expected. But I found it strangely entertaining in a wierd way. Any thoughts?

It did have one of my favorite movie lines in recent times:

"Is this my espresso machine? Wha...how did you get my espresso machine?!"
"Well, uh...we fucking stole it man."


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4285227 -

yeah, I really liked it. I've liked all of Wes Anderson's movies (Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and The Royal Tenenmbaums). It seems the more I watch them, the more I like them. They are so many subtle jokes that I didn't even catch the first time around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: phalloidin]
    #4285233 -

also, great soundtracks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: phalloidin]
    #4285442 -

I loved the movie and portugese Bowie kicked major ass. Summit, you should definatly check the other smith titles that the Mr listed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4285446 -

no


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4285468 -

i just saw it the other day. it did have some sort of stoner quality to it. i though it was kind of funny..


--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: felix]
    #4285495 -

I thought of it as odd! I fell asleep and my mama returned it before i got to see the end. Though i did find hat sea animals entertaining being that they were unworldly,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4285642 -

Yeah it was a wierd movie. I enjoyed it but I wasn't sure what to think if it. I watched it again later and it was way better the 2nd time. Too many random jokes to be missed the first time around.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4285863 -

wicked movie, I give it 4.5/5


--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: phalloidin]
    #4285913 -

MrTryptastic said:
yeah, I really liked it. I've liked all of Wes Anderson's movies (Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and The Royal Tenenmbaums). It seems the more I watch them, the more I like them. They are so many subtle jokes that I didn't even catch the first time around.



my thoughts exactly.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4286349 -

definitely not in quite the same vein as rushmore or tanenbaums, but
it had so much of those subtle nuances which give anderson films a
feeling all their own that I liked it in much the same way.

the musical interludes were awesome.

it's hard not to like a bill murray movie.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: afoaf]
    #4286368 -

afoaf said:
it's hard not to like a bill murray movie.



Agreed. But how about "Lost in Translation"? Is it worth it? I've seen clips and it looks like a real snoozer to me. But it got a lot of critical acclaim. I guess I should just rent it.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4286986 -

Lost in Translation was great. I reccomend it 100%. And yeah it 's not super exciting but it has it's moments. It's more a love story than a comedy or anything. But Bill Murray has great lines in any genre of movie.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Life Aquatic [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4287797 -

it's a very subtle drama/slice-of-life type film.

good.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* the movie "Rushmore" was the shittiest
( 1 2 all )
Cannabischarlie 2,417 23 01/12/10 08:46 PM
by truekimbo2
* poll: 'meet the fockers' or 'aquatic life'? dave52 815 16 12/27/04 12:31 PM
by Vvellum
* The Life Aquatic HELLA_TIGHT 365 5 07/25/05 10:53 PM
by TheCow
* Mt. Rushmore/The Black Hills RandalFlagg 1,007 11 06/08/05 10:38 PM
by RandalFlagg
* The Life Aquatic
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 1,180 24 08/01/05 07:13 PM
by Krishna
* The Life Aquatic... Krishna 1,024 15 12/26/04 02:03 PM
by blissedout
* JESUS FUCK SHIT!! Personal espresso machines are 100% worth it.
( 1 2 all )
PyroBurns 3,797 30 04/24/09 12:22 AM
by niteowl
* Espresso machine I made...
( 1 2 all )
Meat_hod 1,589 23 04/14/10 03:39 PM
by mellowparty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
500 topic views. 3 members, 5 guests and 186 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.