Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants.
    #4274863 - 06/09/05 04:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants.

I coin the term "euphoriacs" as a merge of "euphoria maniacs",and term "euphoriant" is not only restricted to substances that produce pure,untainted euphoria but like the term "Entheogen" denotes way of use and mentality.Euphoriacs are all around us,society in general pushes towards immediate satisfaction, carefree lives and "entertainment by any means possible", so the euphoriacs that chose psychoactive substances as their satisfaction button have their very own niche.

A euphoriac chooses to use any substance available to induce shortlived happyness.If we look at addictive drugs we will see the trend that a)They produce immense euphoria unattainable to that degree by other means b)their method of administration is quick and immediate (smoking,snorting,injecting).Everyone of course has the need to feel euphoria and pleasure but the euphoriac focuses more on pleasure inducing substances and shortlived highs ignoring all consequences of his/her action until its too late and is faced with an addiction problem.The euphoriac is too busy pushing his own "pleasure buttons" ,cannot be bothered to abstain and when he finds his "substance of choice" (opioids or cocaine are preffered) he/she starts using voraciously breaking promises of "controlled use".By definition these people fall under the category of polydrug abuse,including the use of psychedelics to the point of euphoria as boredom breakers . Euphoriacs also shape the view of the society towards drug use.They are the most widespread subculture of people in the ,what i hate to call , drug scene. Its quite expected that overdoses,or the news titles concerning "drugs" are monopolised by this subculture,because the hunt for euphoria if combined with stupidity can be fatal,or at least addicting before you know it.And who tells you that all euphoriacs are smart,educated and have self control?

Some people ,due to mentality in the first place, are either more philosophically inclined than others or fascinated by human consciousness.If they come in contact with psychoactive substances their interest will most likely be captured by psychedelics or a more proper term would be entheogens.The danger here is not to follow the trend: One who has his/hers "psychoactive virginity" broken is more likely to try other psychoactives than a person who is dead against them. Many people succumb to it and follow the trend of euphoriacs heroically parading through a number of substances,from uppers to downers from psychedelics to opioids,quite literally any substance under the sun.Also,like euphoriacs,at one point or another they will have to form economic relationships with dealers,and the more variables you put in the equation the more complex it becomes,having also elements of dependancy on a provider of "happy substances".For me this not need be this way.Some people simply have no interest in feeling good through substance use,although this doesnt mean that they dont have "pleasure buttons" hardwired in their brain.Those people might find rare and well thought out use of entheogens beneficial, instead of pure pleasure seekers they are mostly lovers of wisdom and knowledge. They tend to educate themselves more,develop an interest also in the sciences around psychoactives and here is where a big benefit lies not because of psychedelics but because of mentality : One may get interested in plant physiology and metabolism to comprehend plants alkaloids,in philosophy to comprehend generation of ideas,in psychology to comprehend extreme altered states ,the same with neurobiology,interested in plant cultivation,interested in human physiology.Others more artistically inclined they will get interested in fields of art that psychedelics had influence on and from there leap towards general art,history of art,maybe making their own art.

Once more the bottom line is mentality.Euphoriants are not "bad" or "evil" ,they just tend to lend themselves on the part of the human nature that wants unegotiable pleasure.On the other hand psychedelics or entheogens are not "good" or "pure" but they tend to lend themselves to exploration or thought provocation in a greater degree than other substances.Still ,the Euphoriacism is a mentality issue: Euphoriac knows no boundaries,all is pleasure till addiction or even death from the "good " and "pure" entheogens for some ,to the "addicting" and "life destroying" for others euphoriants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
Re: A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants. [Re: Psiloman]
    #4274896 - 06/09/05 04:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think you're inappropriately degrading recreational drug use in favor of spiritual drug use (which I still believe is quite recreational). Your Euphoriacs are portrayed as nothing more than people with no self control, something I feel is not realistic or fair. The way you phrase it suggests that anyone not seeking spiritual enlightenment or what have you is, in effect, a junkie.

Is there really any reason to hold spiritual drug use over recreational drug use or even separate the two for that matter? The issue at hand is foolishness and it appears among all groups. Naturally when a newscaster is talking about someone that OD'd on drugs the tendency is to think that the person in question was a thrill-seeker of sorts, a Euphoriac in your terms. To me this is no different than any new-age nut-job using psychedelics to "enhance" or "refine" his spirituality. Feeling spiritual may be one guys kick, feeling out of control may be another's. You can easily go overboard on either but as you approach the terminal velocity of drug use if you will, things tend to look more "out of control" than spiritual regardless of the users intent.

I personally know many people (myself included) who could give a shit about the spiritual benefits of psychedelics, my spirituality comes from my every day life. I don't feel that I need drugs to make myself aware of this spirituality or otherwise enhance it. To me all drugs are recreational and, according to your definition, I am quite the Euphoriac. I see dependency on psychedelics for spiritual betterment as a crutch for the weak-minded but can understand why that crutch exists and how it benefits people. That said, I don't care about that. I learn about drugs because they're of interest to me for recreation in the same what that I learn about cycling or any other pursuit.

As you said, the bottom line is mentality but the reality of it is that your intent is irrelevant, only your self control matters.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants. [Re: orechron]
    #4274963 - 06/09/05 05:46 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Speedfreaks should be shot at sight. No questions asked. They don't deserve a chance at life, they've blown it for themselves and tons of others as well.

For spiritual people, this might be seen as a test of faith from above, or within, or whatever - but personally I can't stand anybody who can cram twentyseven sentences into a minute.

They always want to feel good, and if they don't - they're gonna fucking take it out on you/me. "life is hell" for these people means "I havent been extremely stimulated for an hour, I'm about to fucking croak! I wont survive the next fifteen minutes without something to keep me going!"

Coffee is the worst.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants. [Re: slaphappy]
    #4275103 - 06/09/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What orechron said. You can lie to yourself to feel better, but its all the same. You cannot judge one person's doing and do it yourself for a more sophisticated reason.

I consider myself a very very spiritual person.
And I use drugs.

But in no way does drug use make me a spiritual person, nor does spirituality lead to my drug use.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants. [Re: tak]
    #4276846 - 06/09/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ah,see im not talking about "spirituality" not in its form of Pure Spirituality nor in the form of "Spirituality as an excuse".Nothing "magical","metaphysical" or "new age " so to say, but something of a more psychoanalytical knowledge.

Do you think that what i describe completely lack truth?

Do you think that most users never go through their "triumph ride" through all kinds of substances promising a shift in perception ,some of them in the sense of "addiction in altered states of reality"?

I am not trying to impose a "holier than thy" or in this case a "more psychoanalytical than thy" attitude ,im merely pointing out a behaviour,a habitat lets say that could be more easily colonised by younger users a more trendy one shall we say? Recreation is nothing bad in itself,if one knows how to be safe,how not to ruin his life and how not to make this experience unavailable to others.Some types of usage though tend to attract more careless individuals,since they are more available or "easier" all around.My question on this : If someone belongs to the "recreational users" (bear with me for labeling) should,in your opinion, try to ensure safety and education of others approaching the scene since he might observe that reckless use can taint it because of reckless users?

Sometimes when recreational use turns into a lifestyle of drugs (yup,there is the creation of the Euphoriac and not at the stage of the recreation) many problems emerge as one can find out in the mental and physical health forum of these boards.

Be also reminded that this message comes from a person who uses psychedelics once a year more or less and tends to abstain from other substances,not because of some waky or superior theory but because i found my niche there.

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

#4276926 - 06/09/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In all honesty I can barely decipher what you're trying to say and as it stands I don't believe I can respond with any precision.

It seems like you're throwing a lot of different concepts together at once without any real cohesion between them. Would you mind restating what you're asking for me? I'd love to respond but from what I'm reading (or understanding) I could go off in any direction without really saying anything relevant to what I initially thought you were discussing.

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #4276956 - 06/09/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well the question could be reformulated as :

If we say ,for the time being, that the recreational aspect has many "new subscribers" ,should its older members instruct them,provide them with knowledge so as not to be led in a "lifestyle of drugs" that could proove harmfull in the end?

On "lifestyle of drugs" : i mainly reffer to what some people identified as their cause of greef over the mental health subforum of shroomery,where at one point they saw that life without drugs was unthinkable because they very living a "lifestyle of drugs"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4276958 - 06/09/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

speed, methamphetamine, not something I would use today, was something that I did use well as an entheogen in my early days.

I am not surprised that people develop elitism against types of euphoriants or entheogens.

I guess what matters is what you want to do with the way it bends the light.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Re: A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4277062 - 06/09/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It would be nice for experienced users to try and guide new users towards the path of responsible drug use but it isn't their responsibility. Everyone is responsible for their own bodies and what they ingest. It's unfortunate that not everyone is capable of self-restraint in regards to their drug use and dependencies are developed but it's the users prerogative to educate themselves so that they can behave in a responsible manner.

Experienced users should do nothing to prevent people from developing a "lifestyle of drugs" as you put it as that lifestyle is not necessarily detrimental to the user. Instead they should be aware that not everyone is capable of controlling their own desires and should be willing to help those in danger.

Again, it's not the responsibility of the experienced users to look out for the inexperienced. It's just a nice thing they can do.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4277947 - 06/09/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Psilo,

You are really just talking about addictive personality types. take away their drugs and they will seek out the euphoric rush on a shopping, sex, eating or any other sort of binge addictive types indulge in for the euphoric rush.

Your saying that you can teach a potential recreational drug user to use them wisely is like saying you can teach an alcoholic, shopaholic, foodalcholic to stop at just one drink, one pair of shoes or one scoop of ice cream.

Addictive personality types need to know they are and should stay away from the most potentially harmful of euphoria producing vices.

There are shopaholic woman who get into serious credit card debt buying stuff they have no money for, don't even want or need just for the high. Look at gamblers and people who eat a dozen eggs, 2 steaks, loaf of bread and gallon of milk for a breakfast appetizer.

Why not discuss what causes an addictive personality type in the first place and some remedies for it and prevention. If we wiped out the cause, then all drug use would naturally be non abusive and or safely and occasionally recreational.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4278693 - 06/10/05 02:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Very interesting views presented so far!Indeed what makes addictive personalities potentialy detrimental to the wellbeing of a person when mixed with drugs is the dangerousness of each drug.For example,one might go shopaholic or sexaholic,but if his energy is directed towards opium he may overdose.Ok,he could also die from contracting a lethal STD from sex or going in serious debt that could even mean homelessness or imprisonment in extreme shopaholic crises.

On orechron's post : Sometimes i believe that if one can give cues and hints to users to put him in a more responsible usage pattern ,this should be done.Not by enforcing ,but looking if the ground is fertile for such hinting. If one can control it its fine,but keep in mind that acceptance of loss of control ,follows after denial of addiction,addiction has already set in or following gettingjiggywhitit's take addiction has started to manifest (it already preexisted).

Surely we dont live in a perfect planet,with perfect societies and things can go astray,sometimes chances multiply when one has chosen to live a "drug lifestyle" where all is fun iss drug derived,all his friends drug derived,everyone and each of his fields of interest drug related.If nothing else,it could be a onetrack life or one track mind. This though could cause problems...Usually the tip of the iceberg that signifies a progressed case of addiction (or a rather addictive personality ) is :

-Shift of priorities towards drugs,ignoring other priorities that make the person suffer (for example a person with a crack addiction might invest money to crack and not food)
-Bodily addiction if substance permits it.Some substances dont.
-Psychological addiction : if the party,your evening,the concert,the walk in nature HAS TO BE drug related and without it complete boredom sets in then there are hints of psychological addiction.Some drugs offer more to this addiction than others.
-History of hospitalisation due to drugs (Well,if one had control and wits he shouldnt be a regular for drug related hospitalisation,this could be rarity only of an accident)
-Generally drugs interfering with his life in a non productiove way...

On Gettingjiggy post,we could discuss this also.What makes a personality addictive? Can it be undone? Can ,once more, hints be given to guide this person in minimisation of addiction?

I think the way one is taught to think about certain matters does wonders if its done in a healthy way and a user could be subjected to an enviroment that could induce him to abuse/exhibit addiction or to an enviroment that could minimize that,of course always talking around the axis of reference which is this person (for example a highly addictive person might not null it,a slightly addictive person might be able to! Both of them will have moved the same amount of distance from their axis,but since their axis is different final result will differ)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder