Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrumsinttown
Your Mother'sGentleman Caller

Loc: Alabamer
Chicken Litter??
    #4271024 - 06/08/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a thought... I have been hunting this perfect pasture on high ground, low ground, under trees, in the open, hillsides, tops of hills, bottoms, treelines, wooded areas, ETC! ETC! NOTHING. Is it possible that the fact that this particular farmer uses an ass ton of chicken litter on a regular basis to fertilized his pasture might hinder the growth of the cubes which i so DESPERATELY seek? I am not sure if the fact that chicken shit is very very high in ammonia would have any effect either way. Thanks

--------------------
My unitarian jihad name is Brother Katana of Reasoned Discussion. The code that i used to link it from the site was not working so you may not click anywhere on this gay ass signature to get yours!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZalusar
Stranger
Re: Chicken Litter?? [Re: drumsinttown]
    #4271042 - 06/08/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I suppose it could be throwing the PH off too much.

Offlinedrumsinttown

Re: Chicken Litter?? [Re: Zalusar]
    #4271258 - 06/08/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No thoughts, huh? Great.

--------------------
My unitarian jihad name is Brother Katana of Reasoned Discussion. The code that i used to link it from the site was not working so you may not click anywhere on this gay ass signature to get yours!

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4271273 - 06/08/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

your quetion was answered.

Offlinedrumsinttown

Re: Chicken Litter?? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4271296 - 06/08/05 10:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yes... I too would consider a supposition from somebody who's been here just as long as i have a solid answer.(not trying to be presumptious, Zalusar) Sorry for the sarcasm Mitchnast, But NO it hasnt been answered. I was assuming that maybe somebody could tell me IF they knew, whether or not high ammonia content in soil WOULD or WOULD NOT as opposed to MIGHT or MIGHT NOT affect the growth of fungus.

--------------------

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

#4271337 - 06/08/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Zalusar has been here over a year...

--------------------
So it goes.

Offlinedrumsinttown

Re: Chicken Litter?? [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4271356 - 06/08/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nevermind. Dont worry about it. I am a newbie asshole. that 04 looked like an 05. sorry.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4271446 - 06/08/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

chicken manure by itself will not grow mushrooms, however its presence, in combination with other parameters, wont IMPEDE it either. if there is the right substrate present.

it will however impede soil growth. for, as pointed out, its high in ammonia, and TOO high in nitrates.

aslo it tends to sit in liquid state.

in short there is no short answer. the best advise i can give you is to avoid hunting mushrooms in areas where you have consistantly found they do not grow.

here at the local mushroom farm they use poutltry manure in the substrate. but theres alot of straw and additives as well

Offlinedrumsinttown

Re: Chicken Litter?? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4271476 - 06/08/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ok... sorry for gettin huffy. I guess it just starts to take its toll on you when you go out every night at 12 for 2 hours at a time, coming in with soaked shoes and socks and no shrooms. Kind of on a deadline, too. All of my friends from Ga are coming in to town this weekend and i am trying to stock up enough shrooms for a good feast. It doesnt help that i am moving to LA after this weekend. It rained pretty good yesterday and the day before... today is sunny as hell, so tonight is kind of my last chance. Sorry again for being so snappy.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract