Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Poor dog...
    #4241825 - 05/31/05 10:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A person I know had to go to prison for some gun violations.  I rented his house for a year and a half.  He is almost out, but not quite yet.  While he is away, I promised to take care of his dog that was at the house. 

I had to leave because I had shit going on, so I convinced one of my friends to feed the dog.  She has been feeding him, so he has been being taken care of.  I happened to be back in the area, so I stopped to say hello to the dog.  I think he must have freaked out because nobody is living in the house.  It looks like he attempted to get his collar off with great effort.  All around his neck is worn raw.  I saw hanging flesh, I saw blood and ooze, and I smelled infection.  I felt so bad for the him.  He is such a good and loyal dog.

My friend promised to take him to the vet tomorrow.  I hope he is going to be ok.

:sad:

Good Luck Max.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Poor dog... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4241865 - 05/31/05 10:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Damn that really sucks. I hope the vet can fix him up.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #4242613 - 06/01/05 01:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I felt so bad for the him. He is such a good and loyal dog.

Pity he is not rewarded with same.  :sad:

so he has been being taken care of.

God forbid any humans get "taken care of" in this manner. That is criminal neglect. And it happens all too often. I don't get angry often, but when I see a dog chained or roped in a small yard with the tell tale ring of dirt surrounded by green grass it makes me feel like throttling the person(s) responsible.  :mad2: A dog is a living being, not a possession to be discarded. That is absolutely abhorent. Shame on all those who could helped this animal before it reached this point!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Edited by Jellric (06/01/05 02:23 AM)

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4243259 - 06/01/05 09:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Do you feel any guilt for breaking your promise to the dog's owner?

Drive over there and take it to the vet yourself next time you have a chance, when you have the spare time to do something like post on the shroomery. Obviously the caretaker you entrusted doesn't have a clue so I doubt the dog will receive proper care and treatment after the vet visit.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Poor dog... [Re: Jellric]
    #4243294 - 06/01/05 09:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
I felt so bad for the him. He is such a good and loyal dog.

Pity he is not rewarded with same.  :sad:

God forbid any humans get "taken care of" in this manner. That is criminal neglect.

He was being fed, watered, and given attention by my friend.  But, nobody was living at the house.

Quote:

Jellric said:
Shame on all those who could helped this animal before it reached this point!

I think some more facts are in order:

While I was living there I took him for walks and gave him attention all of the time.  I had to leave on May 15.  My prison friend is supposed to be getting out of his halfway house by June 15.  So, for a month or so the dog will be hanging out at the property by himself.  This will be a tough time for him, because he will only see my friend once a day.  However, it's not like the dog has been abandoned.

Also, the raw flesh around his neck just appeared two days ago.  The only explanation I can think of is that he got freaked out and tried to rip his collar off because there was nobody around in the house on a regular basis.  It's not like he has had this affliction for weeks and weeks.  He is being taken to the vet today by my friend.  I am the one who got the ball rolling on getting him to the vet (the dog won't fit in my car).  I also offered to pay the vet until my prison friend gets out to pay me back.  I am doing all that I can.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Poor dog... [Re: Organic]
    #4243301 - 06/01/05 09:44 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
Do you feel any guilt for breaking your promise to the dog's owner?

No. I flat out told the prison guy that I was leaving May 15. He said, "Ok. No problem. Find somebody to feed and water the dog once a day."

Quote:

Organic said:
Drive over there and take it to the vet yourself next time you have a chance

He is a big German Sheperd and I have a little car. He won't fit. My friend has a much bigger car. I called the vet to see if they would come pick the dog up, but they said they wouldn't. I then called the prison guy's family (because one of them has a big truck like vehicle) and they sounded like they didn't give a shit.

Quote:

Organic said:
when you have the spare time to do something like post on the shroomery. Obviously the caretaker you entrusted doesn't have a clue so I doubt the dog will receive proper care and treatment after the vet visit.

My friend is a really good person who would do anything she could for me or the dog. But, I have no fucking clue how she missed his wound. Maybe she is dumb when it comes to that stuff. She said that when he got out of the vets, she would take him to her house to make sure he got better.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #4243613 - 06/01/05 11:54 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Has she been letting the dog get some exercise? Sounds like he has a lot of pent up energy.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4243736 - 06/01/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

AWESOME UPDATE!!!!

All morning I was on the phone trying to coordinate getting the dog to the vet.  My friend called the vet to find out if she could drop the dog off.  They said they need the money up front.  My friend is poor.  So, I had to find a way to somehow get money into her hands or the vets hands before they would take the dog.  I managed to do that and my friend went and took the dog to the vet.  They looked at his neck and said that it was infected and there were probably maggots in it.  Even though the wound looks and smells horrible, they thought it wasn't that big of a deal.  He is going to be ok.

:smile:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4244197 - 06/01/05 02:55 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Right on Jellric! Glad to hear someone speaking loud and clear in defense of these wonderful animals.

I'm glad things are starting to come together for the dog. Good for you for sharing the story. Many people would not have. Good for you for taking control of this. Keep it up. :thumbup: I hope this dog finds a stable life. Being a pack animal, it is cruel to leave them alone and or pass them around. They're not built for that kind of treatment. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Poor dog... [Re: Icelander]
    #4244213 - 06/01/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Maggots only eat dead flesh, so that's good! Infection's definitely not pleasant, but it's good to hear that the dog will be okay!!

It's a damn shame that this happens so often though. You probably feel responsible for it, and I'm sure you obviously never meant any harm to the creature but it still really sucks that it happened. Poor fellow, it makes me sad to hear about things like this...

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being