Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
clean your body
    #4239552 - 05/31/05 12:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ok so my friend did this diet which is supposed to clean out your system.he said it worked pretty well.i plan on doing it but want to get your opinion. this is what the diet says it does-

-Dissolves and eliminates toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body
-Cleanses the kidneys and the digestive system
-Purifies the glands and cells
-Eliminates all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles
-Builds a healthy blood stream
-Relieves pressure and irritation in the nerves, arteries and blood vessels

here is the link- what do you think about it?
http://www.naturalways.com/master-cleanser.htm

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Edited by danlennon3 (05/31/05 12:35 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: clean your body [Re: danlennon3]
    #4239598 - 05/31/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

*waits for shroomisms response to this.

Do a search for shroomisms post about herbal combinations and real food diet. Now thats some de-tox!

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: clean your body [Re: barfightlard]
    #4239612 - 05/31/05 12:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yea shroomism helped me out a while back with what kind of foods to eat. hey shroomism, are there better cleansing diets out there?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #4239901 - 05/31/05 02:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yes there are..
heh, I would not even call that a diet though...  more like a drink
They mention nothing about food. You can drink that and eat twinkies and deep fried pig dicks all day long and it wouldn't help at all.

I posted this in someone's thread the other day -

Elimination diet to cleanse the blood system and eliminate toxins and waste. De-toxify nucca

- 2 grapefruit, 6 oranges, 3 lemons a day
- raw vegetable salad and cooked vegetables one a day
- no cane sugar, salad dressing, bread, butter, potatoes, milk, eggs etc. only fruits and vegetables
- eat as much raw fruit as you desire throughout the day, try not to mix more than several kinds of fruit and avoid fruits and vegetables in the same meal

or you could try the fruit only diet which is also excellent

- Fresh fruit in abundance- strawberry, raspberry, mango, cherries, cranberries, lemons, limes, grapefruits, oranges, grapes, apples, currants, pineapples, plums, tomatoes.. to name a few
- Dates, raisins, and figs are also very good for a snack
- eat lots of oranges and fresh squeezed orange juice
- eat raw nuts if feeling slightly weak, and apples

These fruit diets contain many kinds of beneficial acids that will disinfect the somach and alimentary canal. Cleansing the system from the inside out.. germs canno live in fruit juice. Also provides plenty of life-giving nutrients and water. Drink lots of water too. No sugar. No caffeine.

Use one of those diets, and make that little cayenne/lemon concoction and drink that. If you really want to cleanse, take a high enema a couple times :wink: Sorry but that's the way it goes. Take hot baths with epsom salt instead of showers, scrubbing the skin well, (rinse off with the shower with cool water afterwards) and rubbing vigorously with the towel when you dry off.

Herbs that you should use for the most benefits: slippery elm, cayenne, golden seal. Either take these in tea or in capsules every day. It also wouldn't hurt to use dandelion root, hyssop, and mint, if you can. Drink lots of herb teas.

If you do that diet about 7 days, come off it lightly, with simple foods that are easy to digest. No refined/fried foods. no white flour products. no milk, no caffeine, no preservatives, no bread, butter, oil (except olive oil), and absolutely no cane sugar. You can use honey or malt sugar as a sweetener. To ease yourself off the pure fruit diet start off with simple fruits and vegetables like tomato, squash, potato (always with the skin on.. do not peel.. eat the damn skin) etc. A healthy diet afterwards will go a long way towards keeping the body clean. eat whole grains instead of white flour products, eat fruits and veggies raw as much as possible. Eat plenty of raw nuts and legumes. And if you really want to be healthy, don't eat meat. Well fish is ok I guess.

Don't forget sunshine and fresh air and exercise.

:sun:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: clean your body [Re: Shroomism]
    #4240010 - 05/31/05 03:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

here is a concise review of hygiene ideas... entitled: BEING the Magic of Awareness...

This mindful inhabiting of spin can be practiced practically, everyday. The following is some practical advice on including Ecstatic Process in simple daily life..

First it is important to realize just how critical regular ecstatic and joy intense activity is to the maintenance of the immune system. If you give your four billion cell bodies the honor to accept it's wisdom, it will tell you of its need to periodically act in such a way as to bring ALL your attention to the present... and by doing so, periodically conduct a "bringing to a point" or critical digestive assembly of separate memories, into one sense of overall meaning.
Many human bodies will con-tinue to gain weight, if nothing is done to bring memories to focus, and thus to "consume perspective" & harvest memory or spin for the oneness. This sense of digestion also extends to the EMOTIONAL digestion of memory. Think of this as bringing spin to the flame to see what fits oneness, thus enabling you to sort out a filing cabinet which might otherwise become cluttered.

The purpose of human activity is to increase the amount of spin which can be folded into the body. This relates to choice of water, oil, and mineral to make electro-lites hold dense electrical foldedness. Without great symmetry/ purity/charge in what we consume nutritionally and emotionally, information density/awareness cannot grow. Think of your cell waters as a medium for charge, which at maximum self-contained-ness is called love. Serve this recursion/nestedness of spin in yourself, as it is imbedded connectedness to everything that is shareable. You will find your horizon of who you can feel for with compassion, growing like a flower petal.

In practice, this means several things:

1. We need to follow the spirit of the "twinkling eyes lifestyle", so our tissue issues will not overheat & foul up like an unbalanced water wheel when the river rushes.

2. It is vital that your home be magnetically alive. This means you need an altar or sacred space in your home which you regularly charge. Crystals are OK, but they can sometimes become overfilled with electrical charge leftovers. Your "medicine bundle", and special sacred items.. some paramagnetic stones, symmetrically arranged, using your OWN dowsing, are helpful..

3. If your home is not in a physically quiet, AND magnetically quiet environment, DO YOU AT LEAST HAVE A PLAN FOR GETTING THERE! Noise or power line messes are the OPPOSITE of an ecstatic and eternal life style!! Not all of us can live in a pristine paramagnetic stone kiva over a quiet sacred spring.. but we can at least make gentle dedicated moves in that direction. Isolate the wiring from the people space.. Live in a structure with the least metal possible (but copper is better than steel, aluminum is terrible for people's magnetism).
Curved and or pent shapes are always better than cubic where possible. The edge length ratios of adjacent walls tells you whether you are in-cube-ating, or phi-cycling into lo-phi (lo-ve). To phi-cylce (the best essence of physical) is to resonate into recursion which creates self-awareness which is what the uni-versal mind gathers to itself. In your home this means pent or spiral and curved structures based on recursion, will help your awareness become "self"-contained. You may find that careful arrangement of the symmetry of the major organic masses of your home, produces a resonant or "sweet" spot, that you can then always go to, when you wish to "pull the (spin) elements of your "self" together. It is not sufficient for the inside of your home to have a nice magnetic ring to it, induced (inductively) by structural symmetry. Please locate your domi-cile by finding the place where the magnetic donuts on YOUR LAND all circle to center nicely. Then your memories can do the same. Your own dowsing, or a friends, are needed to site the stones and the beds. Other-wise "pandemonium may break out upon the scene". Gradually assemble a living space where your home is fractal to its magnetic landscape, that way you can em"bed" yourself inside. Then your ideas will have leverage on your land directly, by the morphic resonance which fractality idealizes.

4. Take a fairly deep warm bath daily. Leave the soap out of the water initially. Perhaps a little natural mineral or sea salt.. Submerge yourself and breath deeply for a while. Round breathing, in through the nose and out the mouth. This is most of the rebirthing ritual, which simply means re-bonding with the matrix of the infinite fractal. This technique of warm bath in live water & deep relaxed round breathing plus tantra was the prescription for eternal life in "Jitterbug Perfume". (Chlorine and fluoride in the water definitely are absorbed in your skin, if you can get better water than "citified" water by a short drive to a friend, try that and compare how you feel!.) Dream of someday bathing in a natural warm spa at the bottom of a flow-form.. ours at the farm is almost complete.

5. Combine the above with gentle investigations into tantra and kundalini.
Note: round breathing is a relaxed process of breath where you notice that the gentle completion of the in-breath should take exactly as long as the out-breath. Then perfect inform-ation infinite cold-fire lightening stillness will be approached if the depth of each succeeding breath graduates toward the still-point in a perfect damped sine wave (each succeeding breath is about .618 depth of the preceding one.)
Tantra is a process where the gathered sweet "blue-fire" juices of eros/lovemaking, are permitted to sit gathered and rich at the base of the spine, before orgasm. This gives the root of the spine time to draw the sweetness upward to the top of the brain, nourishing the high end growth of the nervous system.

6. It is usually most helpful to consult a homeopath-naturopath, and a good bodyworker occasionally. It is very important that these critical services be provided by someone whom you relate to with genuine love and caring.

7. Notice when and where your body wants to sleep, and make a genuine attempt to honor your body's wishes. Prepare your sleeping space like you would a wedding bed. Bless it. If there is a magnetic rats nest crossing your bed, you WILL DIE prematurely. Electric blankets and water bed heaters are very bad news for living cells. Every electric dohickey within reach of your bed is wiping out magnetic bloodlines to your cells. GET RID OF THEM. Sleep on natural fibres and wood or best above live paramagnetic stone. The metal coils in your mattress are focusing magnetic holes into your body.
Do not permit any metal items or synthetic fibres to be part of what you wear or carry. This may sound hard, but try a couple days with natural fibres and no metal & then muscle test your body. For an example of body strength crash, just try your arm strength with vs. without your metal watch.. (one with a battery is particularly harmful to yor magnetic aura).

8. Ecstatic means waves of "Eck" approaching stasis/stillness. Approach the stillness gently. Do it exactly like a gradual musical chord which eventually helps the singer to reach another note higher or lower. You can easily try sacred circle dance by yourself, or with 1 or 2 gentle and reverent friends. (or use our Sacred Circle Dance Film). Try a little favor-ite music which is gentle in pace and which has in the past made you tingle just a little bit. Try stepping simply in a circle while focusing your vision on feelings of compassion. Permit your movement to become just a little bit hypnotic, while truly dedicating yourself to the love you feel radiating from your inner voice. Breath in the "round" (balanced in vs out times), in the nose, out the mouth. As you gently slow to stillness for a moment, also permit your breath to gently slow to stillness also for just a moment. Just before sunset is a good time for ecstatic process. Do you have a stone circle or natural or wood structure to do it in? Little or no wiring is best.

9. Always take every excuse to get out from under non full spectrum fluorescent light. Warm pink, and mercury vapor light are particularly bad. Ananda teaches the darkness retreat. Alternating with real daylight this can open up the light sensors to pick up subtle (aura like) waves in the brain. Strongly recommend this be combined with the "kiva", experience. This means you enter under-ground somewhere, particularly magnetically alive. You will find your aura washed and re-grounded to Mother Earth's information rich magnetic bloodstream.

10. In order to live the continually eck-static, continually in touch with the leverage of stillness, we must hear our genes whispering in our ears like lightening saying "your bliss is this way." Learn to follow inner urges and intuition like a phone line to miracles. The more relaxed and gentle you are feeling, the easier it will be to be totally intuitive.

11. As you become more aware of the need NOT to hold your breath, actively seek out quality braided AIR. Fans and cars and heavy metal fractionate AIR. Trees and hill and quiet and natural green braid air. Braided air feeds the soul and awareness. Fractionated air creates impatience, short attention span, and death. "Choose life" by choosing to live in the quiet by the trees! Walk barefoot on healthy quiet Earth, then put on synthetic shoes and walk on concrete in a noisy city. Imagine you were a living cell. Upon tasting the difference might you not quit and choose death if were stuck in the wrong place?

Here is what I do to maintain twinkle:

a) I avoid red meat & poultry (or, at least I choose the stuff not filled with
artificial hormones & antibiotics)
b) I avoid all dairy products (I use calcium supplements & get calcium from
kale, sesame, etc..) I observe immediate problems with mucous and colds
from dairy.
c) I choose only oils which are raw, and expeller pressed (usually require
refrigeration) olive and safflower are good. Most oils on the store shelf
are gasoline distilled and very dead and help others to die.
d) I choose LIVE Veggies, and fruit, (Radiation or microwave treated foods
are also death trying to happen inside us.)
e) I use WHOLE GRAINS!!!!! (Quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, brown rice are
good) I avoid wheat... even whole wheat is still a genepool in pain from
monoculture: result mucous. Whole oats are wonderful. Fresh ground
whole oats & blended flax seed & good oil= great bread/pastry/pizza
crust. If you must grind and fractionate your grains and your memories,
can you do them fresh ground and coarsely ground? Here is my break
fast recipe, almond milk (&/or rice dream) and almond amazake, less
than boiled, add soaked whole &/or coarsely fresh ground oats, quinoa,
brown rice.
I usually add Earthnet green algae nutrition powder.. (very rich).
f) I undercook or consume raw. HEAT KILLS ORDER!!!! Microwave is
worst, electric heat 2nd worst, then gas, then wood.. heat in sequence of
life destroying ability.
g) I don't mix fruit and grain. I suggest study at least a summary of macro-
biotic principles... however I DO suggest quality steamed or broiled
seafood periodically. Recipe :nice fresh salmon, cover with some undi
luted frozen or fresh squeezed OJ, sprinkle with dill, and broil lightly-8 or
so minutes per side. Serve with wild rice or quinoa and lightly steamed
fresh beans or broccoli.. I drink little or nothing during meals, it dilutes
digestion and mineral absorption (I believe excess mineral deposits on
bones from body fluids-arthritis- is related to this dilution). I make a con-
scious effort to note how I feel during the hours after eating, to help me
choose food more wisely each day.
h) I never eat anything fried.
i) I never take any stimulants or pain "killers".. or alchohol. Caffeine strips
the body of it's own ecstatic juice making equipment.
f) I drink ONLY quality spring water (I like EVIAN< CRYSTAL Gyser,
Volvic etc...) I Never drink very hot or very cold anything. "Carbonated"
beverages dump only mind killing carbon dioxide to your brain... this
includes "Carbonated" waters. I avoid chlorine & fluorine waters like
they were slow death, because they are. Tell your water utility you want
flowform/reed-wetland/ozonated water, and not chlorine death. Store
your water in glass in a cool, dark, and paramagnetic space (away from
metal & synthetics as much as possible).
i) I avoid sugar in EVERY form.. RAW honey or chopped dates are useful
occasionally in small quantity.
h) If your food was not prepared by someone with love, you will be eating
and dreaming their impatience or anger!!!!!
j) Food should touch wood or glass.. Touching metal is bad, (it shorts the
field), touching aluminum in ANY form is a kind of electrical spin death
to food!! This means use glass cookware(& undercook!).
k) The daily supplements I use are: calcium, alfalfa, b-complex.. I recom-
mend some form of the blue-green algaes, I have found the complex of
products offered by EARTHNET particularly helpful, and more reason-
ably priced on the algae products. We can send you a little catalog from
Crystal Hill. Muscle testing is an excellent way to check your body for its
unique supplement needs.

- from "Nourished By Spin - The Twinkling Eyes Lifestyle" by Daniel Winter

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: clean your body [Re: Middleman]
    #4240227 - 05/31/05 03:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Solid :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: clean your body [Re: Middleman]
    #4240326 - 05/31/05 04:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That sounds very much like the kind of diet I find myself moving towards. In our culture we eat too much protein, not enough fresh fruits and vegetables, and those terrible life drain(ed/ing) oils and saturated fats. Here are a couple of things I culled from the net on diet:

"Researchers found that microwaving broccoli destroyed 97% of flavonoids, and up to 87% of other healthful plant chemicals. Boiling broccoli removed 66% and pressure-cooking leached out 47%. Steaming had a minimal effect, causing only an 11% loss of antioxidants."

"There are many studies from around the world that show that the more protein a society consumes, the more osteoporosis they have. Osteoporosis is definitely an acid disease. The calcium is just leached out of the bones by these metabolic acids. Calcium, or lack thereof, is not the problem, over acidification is."

Eskimos have the highest protein diet in the world and also have the highest rate of osteroporosis.

Cut out all saturated fats, margarine/butter. Saturated oils are processed to death (literally) to give them shelf life or else they would go rancid. They act like a layer of plastic on our bodies cells, coating their membranes and not allowing them to respirate fully. Lack of oxygen (and an acidic body) sets the stage for cancer. You need omega 3 fatty acids like flaxseed oil mixed with a sulfurated protein (to make it water soluble). Flaxseed oil is the richest source of these EFA's (essential fatty acids). Cottage cheese is the richest source of sulfurated protein.

"The growth of cancer cells is initiated by a relative lack of oxygen. Cancer cannot live in an oxygen-rich environment."
Dr. Otto Warburg, twice Nobel Laureate, Nobel prize in 1931 for discovering the cause of cancer.

"Cancer has only one prime cause. It is the replacement of normal oxygen respiration of the body?s cells by an anaerobic (i.e., oxygen deficient) cell respiration." NOTE: Yes, cancer cells produce energy through fermentation! You literally rot from the inside out.
-Dr. Otto Warburg

"The cells of a healthy body are alkaline while the cells of a diseased body are below a pH of 7.0. The more acidic the cell, the sicker we become. If the body can not alkalize the cells they will become acidic and thus, disease sets in. Our bodies produce acid as a by-product of normal metabolism. Since our bodies do not manufacture alkalinity, we must supply the alkalinity from an outside source to keep us from becoming acidic and dying."
- Quoted by: Arthur C. Guyton, M.D (Probably the most recognized author on human physiology).

"No illness which can be treated by diet should be treated by any other means."
-Moses Maimonides (1135-1204)

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: clean your body [Re: Jellric]
    #4240406 - 05/31/05 04:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've actually been doing a lot of research lately, and it seems that most educated peoples agree that unhealthy diet is the source of most human diseases.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4240667 - 05/31/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

...that's why I'm on the chili dog diet.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Edited by afoaf (05/31/05 05:43 PM)

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#4240737 - 05/31/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Diet is definitely the prime culprit in most diseases. Everything you need to heal and maintain your health is found in nature. But you won't hear that from the medical establishment because they can't get their green rectangles that way. They want to treat the symptoms not the cause. If they treated the cause they would have no cash cow to milk.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#4240800 - 05/31/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I read this story recently. It's a little long so I'll break it up into two posts:

"My father told the following story perhaps several hundred times over
the course of the years I knew him, from the time I was a child till the
last year of his life. This story went deep into my father and was part
of who he was. My father was the most generous man I ever knew. He
could not and never did turn anyone away who was in need (that I knew
of). He was born in 1909 and his generation were hit hard by the Great
Depression and he knew what it meant to be hungry and in need. Not
everyone was made more generous by that experience, but my father always
had an open and sharing heart to all who might have a need, be it food,
or money for medicine or shelter, or something which my father could
give; he always felt it was his privalidge to be able to help whenever
he could.

Try to keep in mind that this was his point of view about humanity; that
everyone deserves a helping hand. I tell you this so you will better
understand what the story you are about to read meant to my father.

I'm not sure anymore of the names in the story, so I might have those
mixed up but I certainly have the jist of this story down from so many
tellings.

Back in 1953 my father did some work for a Doctor Brown. Dr. Brown
enjoyed my father and they enjoyed telling each other stories over an
occasional evenings cup of coffee and perhaps a piece of pie. Dr. Brown
told my father how he had come to have his practice many years earlier
in the small town in which they lived. He took over the practice from
his father. He told my father that when he had finished his medical
training, he came home and took over the practice so that his father
could retire. He said he learned many things those first few years.

One day shortly after young doc Brown took over his father's practice a
elder woman came in for an office visit, a Mrs. Winkler. She came to
get her prescription filled for the pills she'd always got from old Doc
Brown, and to get the treatment he'd always given her, and to be
evaluated for the current progress of her condition. Young Doc Brown
looked at her chart and looked at the diagnosis his father had written
and also looked over the notes for the treatments, etc. He didn't
understand all of his father's notes, but he did understand the
diagnosis is father had written. So, he examined Mrs. Winkler, asked
her some questions and had some tests done, which pleased her. He said
he wanted to be sure that the prescription he gave her was correct and
up to date with current medical knowledge, and that he would like her to
return the following week. She thanked him and said he reminded her of
his father who also was quite thorough."

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#4240803 - 05/31/05 06:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"After the tests came back, young Doc Brown realized this woman didn't
have the disease his father had diagnosed. This woman's problem was a
but a minor one easily cured. He then looked at Mrs. Winkler's record
and saw that his father had been giving her a script for something which
would help her cope better with the actual condition she did have but
not cure it. But, young Doc Brown knew there was medication which would
actually be the most effective and really clear up Mrs. Winkler's
condition. And he knew that this medication had been available for many
years. He was left with a large question in his mind about how his
father could have missed this diagnosis.

When Mrs. Winkler came in the following week, young Doc Brown gave her
the new prescription and assured her that it would probably be the last
one she would need as her condition would clear up soon. She got tears
in her eyes and thanked him giving praise to modern medicine.

That evening, young Doc Brown took a drive to the neighboring town where
his father had retired. He took with him, Mrs. Winkler's records. He
walked in and sat down. He didn't want to criticize his father's
medical practice, but he was concerned about the diagnosis his father
had given Mrs. Winkler. So, he worked himself carefully around to the
subject and said, "Hey, Dad, you know Mrs. Winkler came in the other day
for a new script to get more medication. I did some tests and you know,
she didn't have that disorder you'd diagnosed her for. Actually, she
had a very minor disorder called such and such which is effectively
treated with xyz medication. So, I've given her a new script and I
think she won't be back." As old Doc Brown listened while drawing from
his pipe and he nodded his head suggesting either agreement or
understanding, but which the young Doc Brown could not discern. Young
Doc Brown finally said, "Dad, can you tell me why you diagnosed her with
such and such when her blood test indicated no problem there." Old Doc
Brown then looked at his son and said, "Joe, you take good care of Mrs.
Winkler, it was that condition of hers which helped put you through
medical school.. Now that you're in your own practice, I guess it was
about time to get that condition finally cleared up." Then old Doc
Brown asked his boy if he'd like a little Scotch.

I will never forget the look on my father's face every single time when
he ended that story. His face looked at me tilted a bit sideways
showing his state of disbelief at the story he'd just told. He never
got over being horrified that a human being could use another person in
that fashion for the purpose of gain. Though he'd heard the story and
had repeated it, it was as though he never really could believe it.
There was always pain in his face, and disgust for old Doc Brown for
having abused his relationship with Mrs. Winkler rather than to do his
job of healing her.

Many times after telling that story he said to me, "You know, Son, there
are a lot of people in this world who make money from illness. Doctors
have got to feed their own families, and pay for their homes and pay the
wages of the people who work for them; and somebody has to pay for the
wages of people who work in hospitals. I wonder how long it takes for
most doctor to put it out of their mind, that they way they make their
livelihood is from the misfortune of others. I think most of them have
convinced themselves that they are noble men doing noble work and
probably much of the work they do is very good; yet how many will admit
the fear they might feel at hearing that there might be a cure for some
disease for which they may have studied many years to learn to treat.
Some day there will be cures for arthritis, and cures for cancer, and
most diseases. I wonder if people will be told when those cures are
found. I'll tell you this; the men who will work the hardest to keep
those cures from the public just might be the men who got paid the most
to treat those diseases. I think there might be cures for some of those
diseases even now but we haven't heard about them. Don't ever forget
about the power of "self interest" in this world or the capacity of
human beings to lie to themselves and justify their actions. If doctors
got paid large premiums for curing diseases and paid less for treating
diseases, if they were offered a life time of pay for finding a cure for
just one disease, I am telling you, they would be motivated in a
different direction. Remember alway a man will have a stronger bias if
he's paid to have a particular opinion, if he earns his living along
certain lines. Never believe a doctor if he ever tells you there is no
cure for a disease, as that is the statement of the man motivated to
treat the disease rather than cure it. When someone says the word,
can't, or "can' be done", look to see if they make money from that
limitation. The doctor should always say instead, "There is a cure to
this disease and some day soon we will find it." This is the statement
of the man motivated to find that cure."

My father often said, "The main thing to remember is that it is cheaper
to stay healthy, to prevent disease in the first place. That is why I
think most doctors have an unconscious but almost natural animosity for
vitamins and healthy foods which might keep people healthier. They may
never know it and will probably never admit to it."

I heard that story the first time over 40 years ago. I always wondered
if that story was completely true; my father never seemed to be able to
really believe it himself, which made me wonder if it might be some sort
of tale. I know that stories have a way of changing over the years.
But, I never forgot it nor how it made my father feel.

You know when I look at how doctors have such an elavated status in the
world today even in the face of the fact that recent headlines reported
that doctor and hosptial error is now the 4th largest cause of death in
the US; I wonder how many professions allow for so much error where so
many thousands die as a result while those "professionals" still get
paid and held in such high status in society regardless of the quality
or outcome of their work? Lawyers and politicians, maybe?

For those who read all the way to this point, I will say I personally
believe there are many very fine men and women in the profession whose
hearts and minds are in the right place and who should rightfully be
praised for the good work they do.

But, my father's story has its place in this world and perhaps needs to
be told now and then."

--------------------

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #4241115 - 05/31/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like you could get the same thing from taking a multivitamin, some vitamin C, eating some fruit and staying hydrated.

fruit will also provide you with fiber so you wont need a laxative, and some veggies will do the same thing, plus antioxidants.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, pH Test Strips

Community >> The Pub