Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I am a Vietnam vet
    #4177526 -

In my dreams anyway. For the past year in my dreams I am Lt. Jeff Rakus. I usually lead my platoon up a hill and we are getting slaughtered. The only things that change is people in my life play the roles of the vietnamese and fellow soldiers.

It is horribly graphic too. My family and friends all get blown apart, heads off, limbs off, eyes oozing goo and blood. This doesn't effect me as a soldier though, I continue to drudge on toward the top of the hill, fully aware of my mission. The dream changes in that sometimes I die, laying there blown to pieces knowing I'm dead. Other times we make it to the top of the hill and rejoice in victory.

I don't mind the dream because it changes slightly when I do remember it, but I want to be in another theatre like maybe WW2 pacific, or a Russian radio operator in Stalingrad.

Maybe it has something to do with the stupid hill.


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: looner2]
    #4177535 -

is that true?

I had repetitious dreams when I was a kid but there usually very random these days.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: Ripple]
    #4177555 -

Is it possible that you are somehow obsessed with war and aggression in general? I'm just a lurker on this forum, so I don't want to sound like i would know much about you. However, that is the impression that you give to those that read some of your posts over a longer timespan, like me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: looner2]
    #4177610 -

Maybe you were a soldier in a past life and died a traumatic death that you didn't get a chance to deal with?

Have you ever considered hypnosis?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: CherryBom]
    #4177652 -

What you describe sounds much like what my old friends in the VietNam Veterans Against the War, told me about during the 70s. I would suspect that you are remembering a past lifetime here.


--------------------
The Soul exists simultaneously throughout all of Time.
The Ego merely exists now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: jcldragon]
    #4177665 -

If it was just one dream, I'd say overactive imagination...but seveal similar dreams with details such as a name and rank?

Personally, I'd look into it further. This is grade A past life material. :P


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: CherryBom]
    #4179539 -

CherryBomb said:
Personally, I'd look into it further. This is grade A past life material. :P



He's right. Recently I have started to be more open to the idea of reincarnation, for several reasons. I'd say it's definitely worth to look further into.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: Tadpole]
    #4179576 -

The last dream I remember was years ago. where I was sinking in sinking sand and died, then before that it was being chased anywhere and everywhere for the entire dream, including almost every conceiveble chase sequence you could imagine.

I'm actually a little concerned I don't recall any dreams more recently than that.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: looner2]
    #4179650 -

whats at the top of the hill?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: vampirism]
    #4179726 -

Maybe that hill is really a mountain and represents climbing the mushroom mountain and those horrific sights you see are the demons you must face as you climb to achieve the ULTIMATE trip on mushrooms.


--------------------
kosmic_charlie said:
I have so much love to give but sometimes it seems impossible to find someone both worthy and willing to receive it.
My Trip Report

Fight the goverment.... Support your local drug dealer!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: Twiztid]
    #4179747 -

..
no

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: vampirism]
    #4179757 -

Morrowind said:
..
no



I hate listening to all these people talk like mushrooms are the answer to everything. NO. Try soberness, then meditate. THAT is how you unveil the ultimate reality.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4179812 -

agreed

drugs fuck your perception up so that you're forced to look at things differently, but they won't solve anything. This idea goes at least way back to, and I'm not 100% sure about the exact person, Socrates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: vampirism]
    #4179825 -

I guess today isn't my day to visit these boards... Second time i was shunned  :sad:


--------------------
kosmic_charlie said:
I have so much love to give but sometimes it seems impossible to find someone both worthy and willing to receive it.
My Trip Report

Fight the goverment.... Support your local drug dealer!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am a Vietnam vet [Re: looner2]
    #4180089 -

looner2 said:
In my dreams anyway. For the past year in my dreams I am Lt. Jeff Rakus. I usually lead my platoon up a hill and we are getting slaughtered. The only things that change is people in my life play the roles of the vietnamese and fellow soldiers.

It is horribly graphic too. My family and friends all get blown apart, heads off, limbs off, eyes oozing goo and blood. This doesn't effect me as a soldier though, I continue to drudge on toward the top of the hill, fully aware of my mission. The dream changes in that sometimes I die, laying there blown to pieces knowing I'm dead. Other times we make it to the top of the hill and rejoice in victory.

I don't mind the dream because it changes slightly when I do remember it, but I want to be in another theatre like maybe WW2 pacific, or a Russian radio operator in Stalingrad.

Maybe it has something to do with the stupid hill.



This is a perfect situation in which the technique of LUCID DREAMING can be applied( go to ld4all.com to learn how to lucid dream). Next time you find yourself in that dream, and you realize you are dreaming, interact with the dream. Ask the characters who they are, and if you know them ask why they are there.if you dont like the dream, become lucid and change it. fun stuff, really. good luck.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Execution of Cop Killing VietNam Vet
( 1 2 3 all )
endogenous 2,062 45 03/27/16 02:20 AM
by mushiefeet
* Admiral Richard E. Byrd's Antartica mission..
( 1 2 3 all )
SirDabsAlot 2,216 47 03/16/16 03:04 PM
by Le_Canard
* Why are Vietnam War veterans so crazy?
( 1 2 3 all )
Shpongle1 8,724 59 05/03/12 06:53 PM
by Cj-B
* Dash cam captures Vietnam Vet Killing a Cop in 1998 ----> He was just executed in Georgia last week
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Confucian 10,179 148 01/21/15 11:43 PM
by elax420
* Iraq War Vets and PTSD Ped 1,219 8 07/24/04 04:16 PM
by downforpot
* Crazy Vietnam drug/war stories from an old Lt. Colonel habitat0789 8,690 9 06/25/06 09:51 AM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* Old-school military veterans in comparison to modern vets
( 1 2 all )
shLong 826 20 08/27/15 10:59 AM
by Thayendanegea
* Shoutout to any vet's here on the shroomery realfuzzhead 405 11 11/10/11 06:11 PM
by realfuzzhead

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,805 topic views. 9 members, 22 guests and 74 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.