Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
How do I learn to make glass pipes?
    #4170536 - 05/13/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, I read the "should I flee the country thread" and thought maybe I should try my hand at glassmaking.

I'd like to make smoking pieces, but I know absolutely nothing about glassmaking.

So what is the best approach for a newbie to take? Should I take a college class on it or something?

Edited by EllemyshShade (05/13/05 11:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: How do I learn to make glass pipe? [Re: MOTH]
    #4170538 - 05/13/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

apprenticeship.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: How do I learn to make glass pipes? [Re: MOTH]
    #4170544 - 05/13/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

take a glass blowing course.  Some places offer them :smile:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: How do I learn to make glass pipe? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4170551 - 05/13/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ah, I see...so I guess this isn't something I could try on my own then? I don't know too many glassmakers but I guess I could hunt some down.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4170572 - 05/13/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you'll need someone to show you the basics - either as an apprenctice or in a glassblowing class. you'll also need to invest in equipment and have a space to blow. im sure others will give you more info.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4170610 - 05/13/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah you need to eather know people or take classes. Many glass blowers kinda get harassed by others to teach them. So it may be hard to do so. I new people out in oregon and i just hung out and wtched them for 48 hours straight. We drank coffee and smoked a couple bowls and listened to Zappa. They worked as a team for some of the things. Take classes. Id check out the Eugene Glass School. I took a couple classes there. Good staff, amazing instructors. Amazing people around there. I spent the night at a house that had 6 of Jerome Bakers main people living there. The more you involve your self in it the more people you meet and the more chances to learn you get. Cost me 2 thousand dollars on a couple classes and the equipment. Oxygen isnt cheap glass isnt cheap and it will cost a lot in wasted gas, and glass before you make any thing decient. Start making beads, work your way up to maerbles learn the way glass works and the heats used. The colored glass is a whole new world. You need to lean about oxidizing, netural, and reducing parts of the flame and how each color reacts to the various parts of the flame.

Its a life style more so then a hobby/ buisness.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#4170628 - 05/13/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you will need health insurance.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: How do I learn to make glass pipe? [Re: Jim]
    #4170972 - 05/13/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hi if you want to learn ill come and teach you what i know,, its not to much because i tought myself but its fun.

im going to be in canada, toronto, for WEMF in july if you want to learn i could work somthing out with you, but you would need a setup which will run you atleast $600 (usd) and thats the minimum

pm me aabout it if youre serious about it. i could work you into my road trip :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: How do I learn to make glass pipe? [Re: Jim]
    #4171019 - 05/13/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you need $1000 and lots of practice and patients.

you can order glass blowing video's that explain how things are done, but they dont really give you that much insight as to where to begin. They are good to watch at first, but even better when you know what your doing...
http://www.frantzartglass.com/Itemdesc.a...amp;eq=&Tp=
that's a pretty good video "essential lampworking"

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: How do I learn to make glass pipe? [Re: Phychotron]
    #4171021 - 05/13/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i have that dvd, its the only instruction that i ever got, id be happy to burn you a copy of it.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: How do I learn to make glass pipe? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4171247 - 05/13/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys. Zippoz, I've seen your pipes and they are real inspiration! I'm a long ways from Canada (texas actually) but I'd appreciate any advice you could give. I'm hoping to just do glass blowing as a hobby, and maybe down the road make a small living selling pipes as I travel. <--- a dream

I can't afford any sort of setup right now, but maybe in a few months. I'll have more room to work then also.

How long does it take you to make one small pipe?

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: How do I learn to make glass pipes? [Re: MOTH]
    #4171287 - 05/13/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

go to a book store?

--------------------

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: How do I learn to make glass pipes? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4171302 - 05/13/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Find some kind folks who'd be willing to teach you. Sometimes college campuses will have an arts & crafts type of place where you can take classes on making beads. Like the Sheik said... start off small with beads and marbles to get a feel for how it works and then work your way up.

Find your local glassblowers (they're everywhere, ya know) and ask if you can watch. If you have any little shops that sell beads and jewelry stuff, ask if they get their beads locally and maybe you can track down a local artist that way. I think the glass crowd is an interesting little sub-culture :-)

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: How do I learn to make glass pipes? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #4171830 - 05/13/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have already done some soft glass work, but what would I look for if I try to search for a teacher in my town? Lampworking, hard glass, I had some hits with lampworking but nothing near me.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: How do I learn to make glass pipe? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4172463 - 05/13/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'd like to watch that man.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: How do I learn to make glass pipe? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4172974 - 05/13/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

didnt you hear, texas is on my multi state road trip, ill be crossing the 40 through 150 miles of the panhandle, how out of my way are you?

shit this is more of a pm matter....

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates