Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Texas hunt (with pics)
    #4166416 -

They were certainly out in numbers today.  I spotted two large cubes from the road so I decided to pull over and ask the land owner for permission on the property.  After a 5 minute chit chat she let me on her field so I had unlimited time to take pictures and pick  :thumbup:  It always pays to ask for permission!  The cows on the land were not hers so she advised me to stay far away from them.  Unfortunately this is where I spotted the majority of the cubes but I wasn't complaining one bit as I respected her simple rule.  The rusted shed you see in the pics saved my life one night (or at least an arm, leg, etc).  I was chased by bulls on a late night hunt a few years back in this same field (without permission to be there).  I quickly jumped up on the shed and stayed there until the bulls decided I wasn't of interest anymore.  I think the last pic is of a copelandia but I didn't spore print it so who knows.  I don't plan on eating it but any wild guesses on the ID are welcome.  Anyway here are the pics, enjoy!













--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) [Re: SuperD]
    #4166558 -

cool finds, did you get them from that drug dealer in your signature? shes a hotty... you can give her my #.. =S

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4166566 -

K+ to you for asking for permission. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4167078 -

those look great, i wish people around here were nice enough to let us walk around their fields.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) [Re: SuperD]
    #4167247 -

nice finds SuperD.

the mushroom in your last pic
appears to be a type of Panaeolus or Copelandia
but i can't tell for sure..
i would need to see more pics of it from a side angle.

beauty cube finds tho!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4167272 -

damn thoes bulls!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) [Re: SuperD]
    #4171402 -

I live very close to you (liberty county), SuperD. I didn't think the shrooms would be out right now, not much rain has fallen. Good finds, check again in the next few days, it's supposed to rain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) [Re: Aaladorn]
    #4171430 -

Nice finds :smile: gonna be a good summer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) *DELETED* [Re: SuperD]
    #4171486 -

Post deleted by supernova

Reason for deletion: c


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas hunt (with pics) [Re: Supernova]
    #4171595 -

thanks supernova, i went after that last rain passed through..it came down hard the first day then sprinkled the second.  you can tell from the pics how hot it was because most of the caps were already starting to crack quite a bit (i also found some very fried small ones) there were many cubes out there, just very spread out over a lot of land and i couldn't get to all of them because the cows that the land owner was leasing were near them.  i got what i could, which was near 10 caps, so no complaining from me  :tripping:


--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Got a new camera for mushroom hunting pics! ScubySnak420 1,661 4 06/16/03 07:32 AM
by ScubySnak420
* Fall season has begun in Texas! (with pics!) YourHighness 6,344 18 11/23/04 04:27 PM
by zalorthethird
* Azure Hunting (PICS)
( 1 2 all )
Kevin 6,438 29 12/10/02 08:23 AM
by Nirvhead
* Texas hunting psyko78626 923 1 12/09/01 01:54 AM
by Joshua
* LATEST HUNT! (pics) MagikBus 3,382 9 06/20/01 12:26 PM
by psilocybian
* My first hunt :) *pics* BlackHawk22 1,551 6 07/28/03 08:28 AM
by BlackHawk22
* Some hunting pics: Liberty Cap Wheedhead! 6,445 9 09/21/03 01:42 PM
by whole9
* Pot hunting (pics) Lizard King 1,102 1 12/13/01 09:05 PM
by SThomas

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,140 topic views. 1 members, 24 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.