Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekalangho
Stranger

Loc: Japan
Pantherina or Muscaria?
    #4131352 - 05/04/05 04:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi everybody, first time writing but long time lurking around the site. The thing is: Im in the land of the rising sun(tm) right now and finally am feeling a bit more confortable about exploring the options available when it comes to taking a break from the matrix. Aparently, all psylocibe shrooms are illegal here since 2001 or 2002, but a lot of other entheogens are available to purchase (albeit at a steepy price).
Anyway, so far I've found that the most popular item in the head shops is the amanita pantherina, but looking at some info in this site, the recommended one is the muscaria. Anyone recommend one over the other, or can tell me if there is an actual difference (muscaria: 10g for 2000 yen, pantherina 4g for 2000yen)

Edited by kalangho (05/04/05 06:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Pantherina or Muscaria? [Re: kalangho]
    #4131416 - 05/04/05 05:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

LSD, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, LSA (Morning Glory and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose) have trips very similar to psilocybin. Perhaps you will be able to obtain one of them legally.

I don't know about the difference between those amanitas, but the trip is supposed to be quite different (than the entheogens listed above), and you must prepare them correctly. Be sure to do your research.

Sorry the other shrooms are illegal where you are... you could always take a vacation to Thailand... :smile:

Oh, and welcome to the Shroomery.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinekalangho
Stranger

Loc: Japan
Re: Pantherina or Muscaria? [Re: Rose]
    #4131491 - 05/04/05 06:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanx for the quick reply. Well, the shops I found so far offer cacti and mg/hbw seeds as well, and since I'm still at the initial fase of the preparations, I am considering them as options (not to mention they are cheaper to get). I've had some brilliant experiences with mdma and pot back in the day but psichedelics are somewhat new to me so I'm gathering as much info as I can. Cheers.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4131553 - 05/04/05 07:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I'd look into cactus and LSA (MG, HBWS). Start with one of thise. Research them all and see what sounds best. Those trips are very much in line with LSD and psilocybin mushrooms... but with a bit more stomach discomfort. They are physically safer than aminitas, as well.

And the trip will be similar to what is described in The Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
    #4165353 - 05/12/05 05:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have read that (1) Pantherina is more potent than Muscaria, and (2) one should not use Pantherina unless one is already very experienced with Muscaria.

As another person already said, do your research! This is more important with Amanita than with probably any other enthoegen; incorrect use or a contaminated specimen can send you to the hospital or worse.

Check out the information at erowid, of course. Here is also an interesting site:

http://redangels.yage.net/aboutamanita.html

I also read that potency of Amanita specimens can vary greatly according to growing cycle and when picked. Therefore, if one uses purchased specimens, one should should be particularly careful about the source and their reliability. It would seem most logical to only use specimens from the same batch which someone else has already used.

I cannot advise you personally--partly because perhaps it is up to the "spirit of the plant" to call you. But I can say that if it were me, I would consider myself fortunate that apparently cacti are legal in Japan, and I would probably use cacti before considering Amanita.

In any case, treat and use entheogens with respect.

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Edited by wjames (05/12/05 05:54 AM)

OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
Re: Pantherina or Muscaria? [Re: wjames]
    #4166303 - 05/12/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I was in my local shop the other day asking them about when they going to stop selling shrooms (im in the uk), and they said that Amanitas were still going to be sold after the Cubensis were made illegal. I don't know a great deal about amanitas apart from the fact that their toxic and can actually harm you if not prepared proplerly.

Does anyone else not see this as a disgrace? How they can ban good healthy cubensis but still allow the sale of toxic mushrooms, probably to a largely unknowing and uneducated market who will see it as an obvious alternative. The government need to sort their shit out!!!!

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Pantherina or Muscaria? [Re: HilltopNomad]
    #4166346 - 05/12/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

pantherina is stronger than muscaria but do your research. (echo)

I'm about to get some muscaria and I'll post my trip report soon.

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale