Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Worm Castings?? A double tub question or two
    #4153333 -

Okay so I read and reread the double tub setup. This, for some who haven't heard of the double tub.. is NOT the same as the "Tub in Tub" incubator commonly known as the TiT.

Where do you find worm castings?? One of my local nurserys had it but was out. How many containers or bags of the stuff do I need for 1 Double Tub??

Also, can you use regular H-Doo a'la Roadkill TEK with this specific meathod of growing?? Still usable without the worm castings/vermiculite??

Thanks for the time

Sam


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Worm Castings?? A double tub question or two [Re: Sammy]
    #4153346 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Worm Castings?? A double tub question or two [Re: gratefulredhead]
    #4153352 -

can i substitute?

Sam


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Worm Castings?? A double tub question or two [Re: Sammy]
    #4153355 -

I get worm castings at my nursery also, but i also found them at my local hydro store. Quantity is going to depend on how big a tub you have.


In my opinion youcan do any type of bulk/grain substrate in a tub in tub. I have filled tubs with colonized rye, H poo, straw, birdseed. I dont believe it really matters. Just use some sort of casing material.


--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

  Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Worm Castings?? A double tub question or two [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4153367 -

I was planning on using the 50 or 66 QT bins. I found a bunch of great flat topped bins.

Sam


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Worm Castings?? A double tub question or two [Re: Sammy]
    #4153369 -

Sammy said:
Where do you find worm castings?? One of my local nurserys had it but was out. How many containers or bags of the stuff do I need for 1 Double Tub??



Worm castings can be found at feed stores, farm supplies, online, etc..

Quote:
Also, can you use regular H-Doo a'la Roadkill TEK with this specific meathod of growing?? Still usable without the worm castings/vermiculite??



Yes. I highly recommend h-poo over worm castings. I did a side by side experiment with straight h-poo and one with straight castings.

The h-poo one blew the castings away yeild wise. And flush wise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Worm Castings HisStudent 1,403 1 06/05/02 01:58 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* worm castings questions please help RedHead 2,642 3 10/14/13 10:20 AM
by Dr.Deathcap
* Worm castings and PF cake spawn. Doomed? Baby_Hitler 1,937 1 07/22/02 10:37 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* regarding worm castings RedCommyBasterd 2,568 4 12/03/02 01:55 PM
by RedCommyBasterd
* spawning worm castings with rye and millet RedHead 3,284 6 02/21/02 01:09 PM
by Swami
* How good is Worm Castings for bulk substrate BlueBruiser 10,691 5 07/18/05 03:59 AM
by DrCubensis
* Gardens Alive worm castings? oscill8 905 3 09/03/01 04:22 PM
by noesis
* Worm Castings/Straw bigj2 3,280 6 08/03/20 09:49 AM
by Nurkurzda23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,447 topic views. 12 members, 187 guests and 173 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.