Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calcium Chloride, Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Loc: North Florida
Tampered Cow Turds?!
    #4152485 - 05/09/05 05:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Me and Shroomery user: DudeOwnsProperty just got back from hunting on a field I've always gottan a lodd og mushrooms off of. When we get there, we found that most patties are of a weird texture. Very very dry and hard looking. We saw no shrooms. Not one. The weather has been excellent. We were expecting to find pounds.

We noticed that next to each and every cow patty, there was a powder poured next to it. It wasn't poured on it, just next to it barely touching it. I'm thinking this was calcium chloride to absorb all the moisture to either prevent mushrooms from groing or to make the patties decompose quicker. We covered a good 5 acres and saw the same thing all the way through.

Would a farmer really waste all this time going to each and every pile of shit in the pasture and pour calcium chloride on it? I'm really pissed. Any suggestions? Opinions? Ideas? Facts? Thoughts?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Tampered Cow Turds?! [Re: UncleLuke]
    #4152520 - 05/09/05 05:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

HAHAHAHA no way in hell would a farmer go through his feilds and put shit on every patty. Why would he care what grows on his cows shit? I think maybe it's just dried poo or something maybe.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
Re: Tampered Cow Turds?! [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #4152871 - 05/09/05 11:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

or dried pee?

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Re: Tampered Cow Turds?! [Re: nycomyco]
    #4153143 - 05/09/05 01:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Every single patty had a small pile of a light grey powder and it seemed to be dying out the patties and decomposing them extremely fas.t We covered at least 5 acres and they were all like this. The humiditiy has been above 80% and temp about 75F for the past 4 days. We also went to another pasture close by and they did they had the same thing. Some of the patties seemed to be hollow when I poked them with my knife. Just like a poo shell with powder under it.

What the hell is going on?

--------------------

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
    #4153189 - 05/09/05 01:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Lol , im finding this funny... we've had that same kind of weather here , but our hunting sucks too.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4153215 - 05/09/05 01:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This field usually produced hundreds of mushrooms on even cool, dry nights. But tonight the weather was perfect. But not a single mushroom. Do you think maybe other people came before us and picked all of them, then left a small pile of sane next to it so they wont cover the same patty twice?
But that wouldn't explain why the shit was so dry hardened.
Someone tell me what's going on!!

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #4153378 - 05/09/05 02:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This is just a guess...

It sounds like some other kind of fungus is eating the pies, drying up, and leaving the white residue.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Tampered Cow Turds?! [Re: shroomydan]
    #4153900 - 05/09/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ive seen this before too. Its a fungicide or something to prevent fungial growth. Yes the farmers will go around to every patty and dump the shit on, and all around them. there is a similar event involving fly infestation and other variables that i havent yet researched, but this turns the patties white and they will not produce. If you have seen both, then it isnt hard to tell the difference. The fly stuff will be the actual patty turning white. The fungi inhibitor will be powdery and often not always directly on the manure (the farmers tend to be sloppy with this job as they usually do it out of the back of a truck).

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Tampered Cow Turds?! [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4154752 - 05/09/05 09:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Lysergic_Milkman

I keep hearing this tale about farmers putting fungicide on cow pies, and it sounds like BS to me. Even if a farmer wanted to prevent mushrooms from growing, treating each pie would be time consuming and cost prohibitive. If a farmer were desperate enough he may spay the entire field with fungicide, but nobody in his right mind would spend the time and money it would take to treat each turd individually.

I am official throwing my Bullshit Flag. :sleepingcow:

If your story is true then post a link to the product you are describing and I will eat my words.

Until then enough of the urban legends. Note our mission statement on the front page.

Quote:

This site was created to help stop the spread of dangerous misinformation about magic mushrooms so people can make intelligent and informed decisions about what they put in their bodies

While your story is not dangerous, it is nonetheless misinformation. It is a disservice to the community to continue posting this as if it were true when it most certainly is not.
So stop OK.

InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #4155023 - 05/09/05 10:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I highly doubt that the farmer would take the time out to go around to every patty and put antifungal powder on them. Maybe it's some sort of chemical to make the patties dry up faster to keep the field clean? This field is over 40 acres and there is always a ton of shit on it. Could it be possible that the powder is a means of cleaning the shit?

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4155143 - 05/09/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I know what I saw, and I know it was causing shrooms to not grow. This is no longer an 'urban legend'. Yes it does seem rediculous that a farmer would waste his time pouring a powder on each pile of shit in his pasture, but this is what he did. It was next to each pile of shit. There is no other explanation to all of this.

--------------------

OfflineScU
Gamer Freak Man

Loc: AR
    #4156055 - 05/10/05 03:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

its aliens they were studying the cows and had to dry the poo up to cover up that they were probed!

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4156304 - 05/10/05 06:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yep, it's strange. We need an answer. Unkle Luke knows what he saw, but what was it? Yes, it is unlikely farmer joe would powder his shit.
Personally, this talk has me a little concerned. If mushrooms growing near a dump (especially metals) are likely to have absorbed the leech, could there be something on poo, even unkowingly, that could be hazardous to ingestion?
I think Luke's idea about marking the patties is interesting, it is a good idea.
Think about it, if you carry a small sack of flour itno the [woods] let's say field, you can layout large areas with small dots or piles. :naughty:

happy hunting

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (05/10/05 06:22 AM)

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #4156368 - 05/10/05 08:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UncleLuke said:
I know what I saw, and I know it was causing shrooms to not grow. This is no longer an 'urban legend'. Yes it does seem rediculous that a farmer would waste his time pouring a powder on each pile of shit in his pasture, but this is what he did. It was next to each pile of shit. There is no other explanation to all of this.

there may not be an explination willing to satisify your curiosity, but look at the big picture man.. if you go in a field with 50 count of head or so, and shroom near them, watching their anal ends(haha), chances are you're gonna see gods gift to mushrooms fall out one of them.. every time i been around cows ive seen some shit plop out. a farmer would practically have to HIRE a hand to work full-time to do this shit, because they're constantly shitting. and whatever you may think, farmers love their fields, but they're usually always busy doing something constructive on them or working elsewhere.

the no-shroom theory quite frankly is bullshit until proven otherwise. now, if you would be a good citizen and REALLY respect the land you hunt on, go ask the motherfucker if you can use his land to shroom. honesty is key with this stuff, asking isn't illegal and the worst he can do is yell you off his property. chances are, he'll respect it, and give you an honest answer and not get rude.

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Re: Tampered Cow Turds?! [Re: zSDMF]
    #4156821 - 05/10/05 11:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There's no way to ask the farmer. The entrance to his place has these huge fancy looking gates that are only opened when he runs errands (which i have no clue when he does). I'm not about to sit out in front of his main gates in a lawn chair to wait for him to pull out in his pick-up truck, then flag him down.

Someone needs to take a field trip here to NW Florida and i'll personally show you the patties. If you're up for it, IM me via AIM at ReleasedInSodomy.

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4156941 - 05/10/05 12:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
Lysergic_Milkman

I keep hearing this tale about farmers putting fungicide on cow pies, and it sounds like BS to me. Even if a farmer wanted to prevent mushrooms from growing, treating each pie would be time consuming and cost prohibitive. If a farmer were desperate enough he may spay the entire field with fungicide, but nobody in his right mind would spend the time and money it would take to treat each turd individually.

I am official throwing my Bullshit Flag. :sleepingcow:

If your story is true then post a link to the product you are describing and I will eat my words.

Until then enough of the urban legends. Note our mission statement on the front page.

Quote:

This site was created to help stop the spread of dangerous misinformation about magic mushrooms so people can make intelligent and informed decisions about what they put in their bodies

While your story is not dangerous, it is nonetheless misinformation. It is a disservice to the community to continue posting this as if it were true when it most certainly is not.
So stop OK.

You have insulted my intelligence and my integrity. You make this statement based on what you believe to be the opinion of a farmer whom you dont even know, and without proof. Your statement is as misinformative as mine.
I am truly offended. You can expect a lengthy investigation into the matter.

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
    #4157104 - 05/10/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've got an entirely different idea!! How about... checking out ANOTHER local field?? Chances are.. you'll find some more of your lil' friends. I doubt your story is untrue, and I personally don't think it's misinformation. Who knows what it might be?? It might even be some sort of fertilizer that the farmer put on his land that fucked up the cow patties. Check back in a few weeks and try to spot some new patties. If it keeps happening.. switch places and think that you got the most out of that location as you did.

I honestly think you guys shouldn't bitch at eachother either. Neither of you knows what the other knows.. so why whine and cry about it?? No reason to. We're all adults here, lets drop the 'oh I'm so insulted' and 'oh you're full of shit' kind of stuff... it's not welcomed here.

Happy S'roomin to ya'll

Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Re: Tampered Cow Turds?! [Re: Sammy]
    #4157115 - 05/10/05 01:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

quote:
"Every single patty had a small pile of a light grey powder"

The dude needs some cattle wormer. His cows have worms.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#4157197 - 05/10/05 01:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This is not the correct forum for drama. If you wish to address this situation further send me a PM. I will post it in the moderator forum and we will all discuss the matter and get back to you.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: Tampered Cow Turds?! [Re: Sammy]
    #4157217 - 05/10/05 01:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sammy said:
I've got an entirely different idea!! How about... checking out ANOTHER local field?? Chances are.. you'll find some more of your lil' friends. I doubt your story is untrue, and I personally don't think it's misinformation. Who knows what it might be?? It might even be some sort of fertilizer that the farmer put on his land that fucked up the cow patties. Check back in a few weeks and try to spot some new patties. If it keeps happening.. switch places and think that you got the most out of that location as you did.

I honestly think you guys shouldn't bitch at eachother either. Neither of you knows what the other knows.. so why whine and cry about it?? No reason to. We're all adults here, lets drop the 'oh I'm so insulted' and 'oh you're full of shit' kind of stuff... it's not welcomed here.

Happy S'roomin to ya'll
Sam

You're right. I apologize. Being openly insulted like that can set anyone off.

Moving on, I know of a pasture near where i live that uses this "white powder". Ill snap some photes and take some samples.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Calcium Chloride, Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification