Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinearyanna
Free Bird
 User Gallery

Loc: Sw Florida
ID transferred Cow manure mushrooms
    #4365788 - 07/03/05 09:53 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not really sure where to post this -- in here or cultivation.
I brought home 5 cow patties about 14 days ago , they were relatively dry. I tried to find out what to do with them to make them grow. I looked into MOe's outdoor tek , but I had put one small blue meanin cow pattie in my landscaping and it is not producing like these tubs. I put the other patties in sterlite tubs with perlite , vermuculite and peat moss on a layer above the perlite. In two of the boxes I set the turd directly on this mixture and in one, I set three turds up on platforms with the same mix underneath. I was experimenting to see which does better. They seem to be doing equally well, whether sitting on the verm /peat (moistened) as the ones sitting above on a rack. The main difference I have noticed is that there is a huge amount of white fuzzy stuff on the underside turd of the ones sitting on the platform.

The next three photos are from TUB 1:

My question is this -- can someone tell me if I Have cubes or copes?

1. TUB 1 my guess is Copelandia Cyan these are the photos of those:

I am pretty sure in one tub I have copes ( I've checked out past photos fromGGreatOne 234 and my mushrooms one of my tubs definitely matches his photos.

TUB 2 and TUB 3
The following photos , I am not so sure but my guess is Cubenis

2 In the other two tubs there is a diffierent shroom growing and I think they are cubes, but I did not Know that they were so long and skinny looking.

1. Can someone please iID what I am growing?

These photos are from the two tubs that I "think"https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/037790049-20050702_IMG_0035.jpg]
2. This is on the underside of one of the turds, is this mycelium? And if it is -- which side should be facing up?

at first I thought these were blue meanies from theway they look here-- but I've already picked the cyans in the above photo (they grew very fast. but the other two tubs the mushrooms growing look alike and not like the blue meanies when they were growing.
Are these cubes?

Thank you ,, Happy 4th

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEnvirorational
Environmentalist/ Father

Loc: Dorawoodycross
Re: ID transferred Cow manure mushrooms [Re: aryanna]
    #4365819 - 07/03/05 10:05 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Those are not cubes in the second.

--------------------
Expand Society with Knowledge - ESK

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4365831 - 07/03/05 10:09 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You gotta print them. The "blue meanie" looking ones, I'm pretty sure are Pan. antelirum (sp) But the lower ones do look like cubes.
Again, you gotta print them before you can be sure.
O, it's better to keep the myc. side down.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (07/03/05 10:10 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: ID transferred Cow manure mushrooms [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4365981 - 07/03/05 11:20 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

None of those are cubes I'm pretty sure...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4366322 - 07/03/05 02:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

aryanna, they all kinda look like Copelandia's to me..

one thing ive noticed is that if you introduced a wild cow patty into a cultivation chamber is that the mushrooms grow strangely, sometimes harder to identify

it's best to place your transplanted pattys outside underneath a shady bush or in the shade. water the bush lightly and regularly with a hose, watering the bush not the patty directly

transplanted pattys usually fruit one or two small flushes, but if you would have left it in the field it would have put out twice as many mushrooms as it does when bringing it home like this.

anyways, nice pics, i think you have Copelandia's in all those pictures,
remember to simply check for bluing on each and every mushroom to make sure.

Offlinearyanna
Free Bird
 User Gallery

Loc: Sw Florida
Re: ID transferred Cow manure mushrooms [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4367452 - 07/03/05 10:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you for your replies. I doubt I will be going to any more cow fields in the near future, even though  the patties could have had two or more flushes in the field, it helped me to do this to learn about the mushrooms and what environment they like. This was more like an experiment. I am not  going to just pop one in my mouth. That's why I'm here :craven: I enjoy the thrill of hunting them, but I really don't have anyone to accompany me ---so I'll just have to grow them!

I have a perfect spot for my patties underneath a row of  palms ( I think the palms are called Arcadia Palms-- they are very thick with a lot of foliage and a shaded dirt. I am going to transfer the patties there in the next couple of days when I have some time.

I will spore print them tonight. and let you know in the a.m.;

this tub of shrooms originated from a  transferred pattie that had fruited in my landscaping. this is the photo of the first flush in my landscaping.
I posted it June 5 and it  was Id's as a cope. The blueing on this mushroom was very distinct. 

this is the second flush in the tub.
and the shroom pickdc  from the tub 4days ago .url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-26/037743294-20050701_IMG_0028_1.jpg][/url]  image] [url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-26/037641679-smal
lbluetubcutBEST.jpg][image]/forums/files
05-26/037641679-thumb_smallbluetubcutBEST.jpg[/image][/url]

Other tubs growin:

As far as the other mushrooms growing, they'are bizarre looking.

They are defintely growing diffierntly than the photos posted at the top of the page.. They growing slower than the blue meanies (which I am 99.9% sure that's what the first photos above are )

The fruit from the field that was on the pattie were these : and the blue bruising was  apparent .

I left these patties in a cool place for two days and then put them in    a tub and this is the second fruit in sequence:

This is getting long and I am sure you're getting bored.

It is much easier to tell a story with photos . I will continue the saga ianother time . I will spore print and continue tommorow.

:drama: :drama:    Thanks for the Great input!!!  :thanx:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification