Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad
    #4101047 -

I'm seriously very done with computers. So I ask of you, non-computer people, what's it like.

I'm on my computer for probably 12 hours a day every day (addicted), and it has nothing left for me. I don't play games, I don't really do much of anything. I sit here on the Shroomery, or I download music that I sometimes dont even listen to, or whatever.

If the internet is boring, there is nothing left. Computers have got to leave my life fast. It's going to be tough =( I don't even know how to live without a computer. I've been on the computer for most of the day for over half my life.

It's seriously all I know =( I actually have withdrawls if I'm not sitting in front of it. I just *want* to get back to my apartment so I can sit down, check e-mail, get on the Shroomery, open up AIM, and then I'm promptly bored 10 minutes later. But I stay, in my chair, hopelessly, actively searching for some reason to stay on my computer. And I'm finally realizing that it's getting out of hand, and it needs to stop.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but I just wanted to vent.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: freddurgan]
    #4101082 -

it is a part of my daily life..I like computers..it is the future, it is now...:lol: I love the internet...I met one of my girlfriends from an ad a placed on the internet..wtf?? you never know..I like technology..it rocks..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: freddurgan]
    #4101095 -

i do this too. sometimes i find myself spending a whole friday, saturday, and sunday infront of the damn thing, either playing video games or myspace or shroomery, all the while bored as hell...i need to take a break too.


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Skunk420]
    #4101096 -

Sigh. It's too much of my life. It IS my life, it's all I know.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: freddurgan]
    #4101160 -

calm down I dont do shit anymore, unless i am at work to pay my fines..or whatever..this is entertainment for me. i dont do shit either these days...I cant even meet women online around here...I cant go to clubs, it will vioilate my probation...but where do you meet women here like me in utah.??? clubs..ahh if I had the time off..i would have to be back in time to be up by 5 am on the weekends as well...huh I never get enough sleep..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: freddurgan]
    #4101193 -

I'm with you man... This has got to stop.

This weekend (HA!) and all of finals week (HA HA!) I'm just going to
shut the damn thing off. (HAHAHAHAAA!!)

.... right.


--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4101209 -

..does not the computer help with school???..I was going to school for a while for computer tech..but legal reasons made me stop...computers rock!! whatever...they help with the future as well..:lol:

Edited by skunk78395 (04/27/05 12:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad *DELETED* [Re: freddurgan]
    #4101223 -

Post deleted by supernova

Reason for deletion: c


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4101227 -

if there was a national no computer day, how many people do you think would observe it?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Hedberg]
    #4101243 -

Zero. That's like national no crack day.


--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Supernova]
    #4101244 -

I wish I had the internet back when i was 18...how would it have been..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Skunk420]
    #4101260 -

That used to be the position I was in before I got a job...

... then I started working at a call center and got paid for it. I still do. Any yeah, I've been there. It's a horrible cycle.

The thing I enjoy though is when I do have time to come home and lounge around on the computer, there's lots more personal content like the shroomery, tunes, articles, and general NEW STUFF to keep me busy. I hate being on the computer and not productive, or if it's entertainment I'd better be damn entertained to let myself sit in front of a computer not living life outside.


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: browndustin]
    #4101287 -

there are jobs involving computers it is the future,,, duh,,, get with the times...that is what I am trying to say...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: browndustin]
    #4101296 -

I work fast food,,and computers are the wave of the future..I mean jobs invloving the internet etc,,, how old do you think I am...I am 34 btw,,,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: freddurgan]
    #4101298 -

I agree, but I still want the live internet feed implanted in my brain.  :smirk:


--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Fliquid]
    #4101305 -

:lol: really have fun without it fucker....I did back in the 1980s back in high school all they had where apple 2's before the machintosh's..that was for fredurgen btw...

Edited by skunk78395 (04/27/05 12:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Skunk420]
    #4101319 -

No really, internet = mind-expanding.  :smirk: :mushroom2:


--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Fliquid]
    #4101330 -

..it is...some people dont know what they got until it is gone..what are the gonna have...regular televison..I haven't watched that in years...literally..

Edited by skunk78395 (04/27/05 12:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Skunk420]
    #4101379 -

Television is advertisements, I can do better things on a computer.

But on the otherside you do sometimes tend to spend more time on a computer then you actually planned to spend on it. But that also happens if your watching tv a lot so... whatever.. :shrug:


--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Addicted to my computer - I'm serious, it's really bad [Re: Fliquid]
    #4101410 -

my day is mostly sitting where i am now. during the day i play CS:S surfing and sitting in the shroomery. when i do leave my seat its to look for a job,buy smokes,make food, get in the jacuzzi, hang out with friends/go to the bar, and sleep.

meh i need to get a job and exercise...


--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Addicted to your computer Anonymous 2,674 19 06/09/13 03:20 PM
by Eggtimer
* What is the greatest computer game ever made?
( 1 2 3 all )
TinyBee 1,640 58 05/27/21 03:30 PM
by stubb
* are you addicted to the shroomery?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,920 30 01/04/04 12:13 PM
by shirley knott
* Your first computer
( 1 2 3 all )
HagbardCeline 3,530 41 01/11/04 04:00 PM
by justsmurfy
* question about the F.B.I and computers
( 1 2 all )
Fucknuckle 2,943 31 08/12/04 11:24 PM
by Fucknuckle
* Mad, bad, sick or stupid? enotake2 591 2 12/05/03 08:25 PM
by Snape
* Sometimes I fight with my computer. Little Shroom 2,411 17 07/24/03 03:45 PM
by oDin
* Computers.. xXScYtHeXx 896 9 06/12/04 05:07 PM
by xXScYtHeXx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,547 topic views. 3 members, 37 guests and 319 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.