Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Changes and Stages
    #4030636 - 04/08/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Although its true that our whole lives are one continuous process of change and development, dont you ever notice that sometimes it seems like there are distinct, meaningfull phases we all go through?

my own personal and spiritual life has always reminded me of waves on a shore. Periodically i will reach a crest or peak , and from that hieght i can see things in the big picture. With such an elevated view, i can see my life path coming into clarity and i strive for it with determination. I often make remarakble progress in these periods, but they are inevitable followed by a crash.

Suddenly ill find myself in a trough of existential meaninglessness. Its not depression, just a relapse into meaningless or hedonistic pursuits and an abandonment of my spiritual disciplines.

Right now, i feel myself climbing at last out of a prolounged trough. The snow melts outside, as spring ushers in new life. At the same time i am moving into a beutifull new home in a new area, and i have just graduated from school with good marks. (pot heads 1, education system 0)

In 2 days, i am leaving my home in canada for the rainforests of Costa Rica, a country which is practically one giant nature reserve. I will spend 2 weeks living alone with a family of Costa ricans, digging ditches and building fences for the community, as well as exploring the rainforest and the wildlife. Seeing the rainforests and the inhabitants, the giant sloths and spiders, is a life long dream, and this cultural experience is one i hope will change me for good.

Anyways, im really excited, and i just wanted to share this with you guys. In addition, i hope youll all join me in making this a time for a refocusing of our spiritual and life priorities.

All of us have infinite potentials, and all of us are bogged down by chains of our own making. I am striving to identify and escape from mine, and you should all join me.

Our only enemies are ourselves. Defeat that, and you can fly free.

Loook up.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay up

Peace

:heart:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Changes and Stages [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4030662 - 04/08/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey brother, long time no "see".

I can totally relate to your wave analogy... it even fits hand in hand with various other metaphors and visions I've used to "describe" (internally) my own life experience.

I also find (could certainly just be my pattern-detector stretching a bit...) that my waves and troughs seem to coincide with those who I can best relate to.

I am also just working my way out of a trough. I have a LOT of physical work to do... I'm mentally ahead of the game, but I left my physical body behind. Now I am going to spend some time working towards improving my posture, build, and general physical health.

I would absolutely love to just run off to a rain forest for 2 weeks... I know you'll have an incredible experience.

Much love to you in this time of transition... and be safe in those jungles, man.  :heart:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4030706 - 04/08/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Moonshoe :hug:

All the best for your trip. Can't wait for you to come back and share the experience with us.

Congrats on your graduation as well.  :rocket: :thumbup: :sun: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Changes and Stages [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4030719 - 04/08/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, I wanted to add some lyrics you have me now singing of a David Bowie song from the 70's

Ch Ch Ch Changes

Nothing stays the same

Ch Ch Changes :rotfl:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#4030736 - 04/08/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

P.S. Take pictures!

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#4030741 - 04/08/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Whoops. :smile: Double-posted.

Edited by JacquesCousteau (04/08/05 12:28 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Changes and Stages [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4030749 - 04/08/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

De ja Vu in a moon thread.  How appropriate. :lol:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4031084 - 04/08/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

MoonShoe,  That sounds like a grand adventure fo~ sho~....!  It was hard not to picture of the scenery as you painted with your words....  Have fun, and much love to you....!  :heart:
GettinJiggy,  That song was my high school graduating class song....!    :ooo:  :heart:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Changes and Stages [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4032310 - 04/08/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps in your case look up, but others may need to look here Now, or look back.

Sounds like you'll have a great experience. Peace and Love to you! :smile: :mushroom2: :heart:

*sends good vibes*

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4032466 - 04/08/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

For once, be honest! You are going to Costa Rica because the women there are totally hot. :thumbup: C'mon! 'Fess up!  :stoned:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Changes and Stages [Re: Swami]
    #4033079 - 04/09/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
For once, be honest! You are going to Costa Rica because the women there are totally hot. :thumbup: C'mon! 'Fess up!  :stoned:

Indeed, I've heard that the weather in Costa Rica is pretty tropical.... :smirk:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4033553 - 04/09/05 07:05 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes Moonshoe, i agree with your wave analogy. Its also very nice and important to be able to tell yourself, when the crash comes,  that soon enough you'll find yourself on top of that wave crest once again. And I noticed that when i realize i'm in the "crashing phase" and i tell myself that its just a phase, well i seem to find myself on the better and higher part of the wave crest sooner than what i had hoped for.

Anyway, much love to you Moonshoe and to all of you  :heart:, its nice to see how my favorite shroomerites can spontaneously come together in a thread like this  :mushroom2: :smile:

you people are awesome!

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Changes and Stages [Re: exclusive58]
    #4035367 - 04/09/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wow. just packing my last few items and taking care of the last loose ends. The reality is finally sinking in. Im nervous, and excited. maybe its the same thing. The craziest part will be moving in with a family of total strangers and living in their home for 15 days. I mean, getting used to new roommates is hard enough, let alone crossing language, culture and race barriers to make a human connection. But, that is of course a big part of the point.

An interesting thing happend last night. Me and my 3 friends who are coming with me on this trip decided to get together and have a mushroom trip, a vision quest of sorts, seek the guidance of the shroom however it might manifest.

And wow, did it ever manifest!

so first were at my friends apartment and were all excited that were done school. so we phone in to a radio station and request the song 'schools out for summer' . Then we drink mush tea, smoke a bowl, and head out into the blue yonder.

So were tripping out wonderfully, having this gorgeous romp through parks and fields. Hours later we end up at a picnic bench smoking a bowl.

Finally were ready to head home so we get up, collect our things, and head for the path home. Suddenly about 8 guys emerge out of the shadows. One , clearly the alpha male, holding a beer bottle and stinking of booze, starts stepping up, growling and being agressinve. He points at me and goes 'stay where you fucking are. dont fucking move'

i imeediatly start backing away, and keep going even as he barks at me.

My friend is wearing this hilarious rabbit hat. like a fuzzy hat with rabbit ears and a flower onn it. were all tripping on shrooms. This little rabbit friend of mine is looking up at this huge bald drunken gorilla with this cute 'what the fuck look on his face'

were all just desperate to avoid some horrible violent confrontation. That went out the window when this big guy PULLS OUT A MACHETE. thats right, a machete. and starts waving it around screaming. This really happend.

So i immediatly book off through the forest and climb up onto the road. I figure my friends will be smart enough to do the same, and realistically i cant help them against machete man. Best thing to do is run and call the cops, which i do.

"no operators are available to take your call. please hold"

for about 6 minuites im waiting for a fucking police officer to pick up the phone, no luck, all the while afraid my best friends are being hacked up with a machete.

What a relief when i see them run up. Were all shaken but unharmed, although one friend got a bottle broken on him.

We all go back to the apartment, sit down, and light up a bowl. At that EXACT second the radio starts playing 'schools out for summmer"

Soooooo trippy. we all looked into eachothers eyes and there was this sublime moment of understanding. The mushrooms worked there magic.

Not only did this experience really help bond us all as friends (shit like this will do that) it was such a relevant lesson about this trip.

Here we all are, so worried about leaving our developed, wonderfull peacefull northern society to enter some underdeveloped scary country. And yet we had all come within a hair of being killed in our own neighbourhoods!

What a great way to start the deprogramming process, and cement us all as friends.

Thank you mushrooms.

Bon Voyage!

I love yall.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract