Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
what do you think happens when you die???
    #4029253 - 04/08/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i have no opinion in this matter...my realistic science believing side says its just nothing, like you just dont exist..BAM its over.. i would like to believe in the christian version of heaven but i cant really.i dunno i hope this isnt it and the end isnt nothing...but there are so many variables that cant be explain in an afterlife theory...like what happens to retarded people, or people who die young, or people who have liek alheimers and die crazy, or people who die vegetables like sciavo..or just old people who die senile.. what are your therories?? i feel like thinking.

ps i didnt post this in s&p for a reason :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4029254 - 04/08/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

im pretty sure theres plastic in afterlife, that way i can still wear my mardi gras beads.

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4029257 - 04/08/05 12:05 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes I think we go back to the "source" are shown everything then we come back in some life form for another go at experiencing existance.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: barfightlard]
    #4029268 - 04/08/05 12:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

it would be cool to have everything explained...i mean shit its only fair

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#4029281 - 04/08/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In the ever valid words of Ronnie Elliot, "When you die, you're dead, that's all.."

That's not really how I feel exactly though, it's just always nice to get a chance to quote Ronnie.

First of all I would say in order to answer the general idea behind your question, as far as my opinion is concerned, you'd have to remove the you. When You die, You cease and reunite with the All. At some point the All may, and probably will, seperate back out into various You's, but it won't be a You in the sense that your 'soul' or 'spirit' or 'ego' remains. It's all just various manifestations of the complete energy that is existance as a whole experiencing itself vicariously through illusions created by itself.

Of course this is just the same as the fact that there's really no seperate entity You right now...the conciousness you concider You is an illusion of the ego, and can only be overcome with the comlete abandonment of the ego and realization of the greater All.

Of course if this greater All was something I'd completely realized I wouldn't be typing right now becuase there wouldnt' be a Me to type or a typing action to take place. At most I've had glimpses of the infinite...sunrises of revelation.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #4029289 - 04/08/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think that we create our own heavens and hells, here, on Earth. We control what happens ultimately. We choose what we want our afterlife to be. That is all. :crazy2: :grin:

--------------------

:murray:

Edited by blissedout (04/08/05 12:27 AM)

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: Hooty]
    #4029290 - 04/08/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hooty said:
In the ever valid words of Ronnie Elliot, "When you die, you're dead, that's all.."

That's not really how I feel exactly though, it's just always nice to get a chance to quote Ronnie.

First of all I would say in order to answer the general idea behind your question, as far as my opinion is concerned, you'd have to remove the you. When You die, You cease and reunite with the All. At some point the All may, and probably will, seperate back out into various You's, but it won't be a You in the sense that your 'soul' or 'spirit' or 'ego' remains. It's all just various manifestations of the complete energy that is existance as a whole experiencing itself vicariously through illusions created by itself.

Of course this is just the same as the fact that there's really no seperate entity You right now...the conciousness you concider You is an illusion of the ego, and can only be overcome with the comlete abandonment of the ego and realization of the greater All.

Of course if this greater All was something I'd completely realized I wouldn't be typing right now becuase there wouldnt' be a Me to type or a typing action to take place. At most I've had glimpses of the infinite...sunrises of revelation.

wow that's a pretty darn cool theory actually sounds believable.....i give ur response 5 shrooms

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4029393 - 04/08/05 01:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think we just simply cease to exist as a thinking, conscious entity. Like when you get anestisized for surgery or something, and one second you're awake, then its just quickly fades to black. It really seems like the only logical possibility to me. This doesn't really seem sad or frightening, it is actually liberating seeing as with this belief I don't have anything to worry about.
I personally think that other beliefs of the afterlife are simply wishful thinking and formed solely as a way to feel warm and fuzzy on the inside when thinking about death. Of course the belief in hell or a similar "place" wouldn't elicit the same feeling, but most, if not all, people with a belief in such a "place" wouldn't think they were going there.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: Twister]
    #4029402 - 04/08/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think you can really cease to exist. The idea of reality popping out of nonexistance and then vanishing back into it forever seems absurd to me. The only way it can make sense is as a continuuim which has no begining or end. In such a system consciousness is convserved like energy and simply takes different forms in a linear sequence based on previous consciousnesses. It never ends (and if it does it can't stay that way forver) it just changes, and I think the changes are fairly logical in relation to our state of mind in this life.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4029421 - 04/08/05 01:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

its not "BAM your over"

consciousness comes from somewhere, just like energy does

doesnt get created or destroyed

science cant even explain something like LSD, dont rely on it to explain life and death (this coming from a science major....dont rely on religion either though that shit is fucked up)

anyways....
my advice is
smoke a good dose of pure DMT and see how you feel about that question

i basically agree with hooty
the answer is HUGE

at least those are my theories, after years of searching i am pretty content with them for a while

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #4029428 - 04/08/05 01:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I believe each person's consciousness is an individual part of one universal web.... this reality is just one level of an eternal journey between an infinite number of different realities... nobody is above or below anyone else.... some or more aware of their journey than others.... there is no destination, there is no origin... some people are mearly floating through the cosmic journey.... others are driving and seeking.... be a seeker

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4029435 - 04/08/05 01:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why can't you cease to exist? Conciousness is merely a consequence of neurons in the brain being stimulated by energy. Thus, when you die and your cells are no longer able to harness biomolecules to form energy, in the form of ATP, neurons have no way of being stimulated. Thus consciuosness is ended. It makes plenty of sense in this way.
Imagine the brain as merely a biological computer. Well, what happens when you unplug the power cord to you computer? A black screen and no internal processing. While a human brain is extremely more complex than any current computer, it is essentially just a processor that is stimulated by chemical and electrical energy.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: Twister]
    #4029442 - 04/08/05 02:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

as a realist I want to agree with you but one thing keeps nagging...... if we evolved to where we are.... then why did we develop things like emotions? Why do we dream? Why do we have so much more going on in our head than is necessary to survive? Doesn't seem like a logical thing for nature to do.... which leads me to believe there's something else going on.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: Hooty]
    #4029445 - 04/08/05 02:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hooty stay in S&P we wanna talk about this drunk in da pub!!

:wink:

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: Todcasil]
    #4029488 - 04/08/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, I'll try to appropriately address your questions with my thoughts on each of them.

Emotions are extremely useful on many levels. Love for example is useful in raising offspring. A single female would find it extremely hard to raise a child that is defenseless on its own, so love acts as a way to keep the male around to defend and care for his mate and child. Fear aids in survival in that it often keeps an individual away from danger. Anger acts to pit individuals against each other, removing the weaker individuals from a population.

As for draming i don't think its nearly as clear cut as emotions but I have a few thoughts to offer. Sleep is essential for, growth, repair, and rejuvenation of energy resources. REM sleep, when dreaming occurs, is the most prolific time for these things to occur. So I would argue that some time early in the evolution of the brain, not just in humans, individuals that didn't exhibit these periods of deep sleep were weeded out due to the fact that they were less prepared for life in general due to it. So I don't think dreaming is some evolutionary end point, rather it is just an evolutionary biproduct.

As for why we think so much in general, i think its pretty well addressed in the first two points, but the more we think the more ideas we ultimately come up with. While many of these thoughts ar just useless BS, a certain small percent actually make an individual more fit within his or her population. So our early ancestors in Africa were undoubtedly dimwitted, but the thinkers of the group would have been more fit to survive, and more importantlt reproduce, due to the simple fact that the increased activity in their brain allowed for helpful behavioral innovations.

Thanks for asking those questions. I'd never really thought about any of them as fully as I just did.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #4029542 - 04/08/05 03:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, your body starts to rot and is eaten by various organisms.
And in that way you become one with all.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: Fliquid]
    #4029546 - 04/08/05 03:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i am already one with meese.

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

#4029548 - 04/08/05 03:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
i am already one with meese.

What's meese?  :confused:

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: what do you think happens when you die??? [Re: Fliquid]
    #4029558 - 04/08/05 03:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

several mooses

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

#4029565 - 04/08/05 03:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So your making fun of me?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order