Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Floirda lawn shrooms
    #4022943 - 04/06/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Remember when GGReatone243 would post about the possibly psychadelic Florida lawn Pan? What was that? Does anyone have any links to those old posts or some link that could direct me to identifying some possible specimins?

I have some specimins that I collected in some newly laid sod that is but 3 months old.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Floirda lawn shrooms [Re: NariusFractal]
    #4023029 - 04/06/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I would think he is talking about pan subs but sometimes those can be found in lawns. But other than that I don't know man.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4027653 - 04/07/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:grin:i first found these shrooms on march 1st of 2001

ive posted pictures of dozens of collections
you might have to do a search but theyre there

it is indeed a psychoactive mushroom
it has never been correctly identified, yet

if you have any pictures please share

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4027668 - 04/07/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

and there is more where that came from  :grin:hehe :cool:

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Re: Floirda lawn shrooms [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4027682 - 04/07/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Have you tried to grow these. What genus is it of? Some of those pics remind me of copes but Ive never seen a cope. Nice shrooms

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4027690 - 04/07/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

#4027701 - 04/07/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Do these grow in abundance? Have you bio-essayed them yet?? Very nice looking shrooms.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
Re: Floirda lawn shrooms [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4032416 - 04/08/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ive found 1 of theese after a good rain on fresh sod, didnt pic it just left the lil guy alone

--------------------
:hypno: :merkaba: :peace: My Trade List (2-12-16) :peace: :merkaba: :hypno: 

:nyan:
:discorex: :dancingbacon: :carlton:

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Floirda lawn shrooms [Re: Miscusi]
    #4034566 - 04/09/05 02:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Definately looks like a Panaloneaous speices.....but Im sure you already knew that.

Have you Microscopically compared the spores to the Blue Meanie, Copelandia cyanescens?

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Re: Floirda lawn shrooms [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #4041373 - 04/11/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

OK Here's an update
THanks GGReatOne243 for checking in. I did extensive searches of the forum and found all the old posts about these shrooms

I did indeed bioassay them. and they do indeed grow in abundance. They grow in a patch of newly sodded st augustine grass in my apartment, just 100 yards from my door! It's awesome. I picked over a hundred so far, they keep coming up every day.

The grass gets water everyday and is quite thick. After eating a little over a half oz fresh, I had a low level 2 trip. I would eat 50 of these next time.

I am drying and storing the ones I pick now, any idea on how many are needed dry for a level 3-4?

--------------------

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

#4041376 - 04/11/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

BTW, the bluing on the mycelium at the base of the shroom was amazing!  I love that magic stuff  :grin:

--------------------

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #4041484 - 04/11/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I guarantee these are some pasture Cope. Especially if they grow in newly sodded grass, where do you think all that soil comes from....its usuallya peat moss/manure compost and that manure is gonna contain some Spores or mycelium from when it was gathered at the pasture. I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few isolated patches of Copes or even Cubes popping up but I think that patch will eventually dry up.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

#4046301 - 04/12/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Today I picked over a fresh ounce, and I have 9.5 grams dried in storage. Any idea on the doses for dried?

--------------------

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
    #4051786 - 04/13/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

There is absolutely NO manure associated with these mushrooms. They grow on new turf, they also grow on very old turf. These mushrooms are in the the soil . There is also a Copelandia that shares habitat with them but has dissapeared since the late 1970's.

The closet mushroom to these is Panaeolus castaneifolious.

Turf farms in florida grow on indeginous soil, not on peatmoss and manure. Fertilizers are chemical, or if organic it is typically milorganite(sewage sludge).

In the late 1970's Copelandia chlorocystis was picked in a similar habitat. When they traced the shrooms back to the turf farms, they found that NO manure was applied to the turf, and they discovered that the mushrooms were coming from the Evergaldes soil. This mushroom shares that habitat, except it is only mildly active, and bluing is limited to the stem base. The Copelandia blued all over.

I wouldn't reccomend eating enough of these to have a strong trip. Eating 100's of dry shrooms will make your stomach hate you!!! Do like GG and stick to under 20 specimens, and experience it for what it is. If you want strong trips, go find some Cubes or Copelandias in some manure in a pasture. OR MAKE SOMe YOURSELF.

These are not manure mushrooms, and attempts to fruit them on manure will show you that. Will also show you it is not a Pan. subb either, though sometimes it can look very much like one.

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
    #4051832 - 04/13/05 06:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PsillyNilly said:
I guarantee these are some pasture Cope. Especially if they grow in newly sodded grass, where do you think all that soil comes from....its usuallya peat moss/manure compost and that manure is gonna contain some Spores or mycelium from when it was gathered at the pasture. I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few isolated patches of Copes or even Cubes popping up but I think that patch will eventually dry up.

I'll take you up on the gurantee. What are you offering?

There is no manure associated with these. Peatmoss/manure is not what south florida turf is growing on. These mushrooms are indeginous to the soil, not manure.

They do not match any known Paneolous both Macroscopically and microscopically. They ahve been misidentified before as Panaeolous acuminatus, by Smith in the Southern Mushroom Field Guide. That is the only picture I have seen of these in a Text, that was not posted on the SHROOMERY, by a handful of Florida residents.

The same habitat produces Panaeolina foenisecii as soon as you hit North Florida/Georgia. A similar mushroom is mentioned as being picked on the west coast in coastal turf, by Stamets, in Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World. It is a side note under the Panaeolus subbalteatus section. Another mushroom which it is confused with easily.

I have only seen specimens from Florida.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Floirda lawn shrooms [Re: EonTan]
    #4053491 - 04/14/05 04:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ya you made that point in the post above this. Im just trying to present some possible explanation of these guys poppin up in lawns. Manure Compost was to my knowledge used in lawn's and to fertilizle unhealthy soil but if you are certain it is not, then my theroy doesnt stand.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4054818 - 04/14/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

im not certain what exactly they are growing/feeding upon.

i have found Psilocybe cubensis in a newly laid lawn before,
so have others, so the lawns are not completely devoid of dung

the mystery pans are best enjoyed while still fresh,
they taste really damn good too,
theyre some good shroomies.
most often they are very weak in potency,
but there have been a few times that i have found and eaten
some of them that were much more potent, rarely tho

they seem to degrade a lot in potency once dried.

they seem to closest resemble Panaeolus castaneifolius,
but i give them a temperary name of Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius

:cool:

GG :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
    #4057238 - 04/15/05 12:12 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Does this "species" bruise blue like the Psilocybes? I want to say a found a very long stemmed whitish shroom with same type of gills, but it was bleedin that dark black or brown color so I just left it alone because I didn't know that there were any other psychoactives that were unidentified...what are the specs of that type of shroom?

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Re: Floirda lawn shrooms [Re: Raspo]
    #4060347 - 04/15/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I ate 50 of these guys fresh and had a very mellow pleasant trip. No insane visuals or extreme visuals but nonetheless present and nice. Definitely not the same experience as a larger dose of some of our other fungi.

--------------------

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
    #4068532 - 04/18/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Lawns are devoid of manure, UNLESS it is added.

This is not the standard in the Landscape industry of South Florida. Chemical fertilizers are the standard.

The turf farms that these mushrooms originated from, where growing on Evergaldes MArl with NO manure present. Take it or leave it. I am not arguing that SOME lawns do or don't have manure. I am just stating the FACT that you can't grow these on Manure, so they are not a manure mushroom.

Shit I found these on ten year old turf, that was in very poor condition, with no fertilizer of any kind present. When I followed the shroom down to the soil line, it was obvious to me that the mycelium was in the soil, growing onto the dead stolons/clippings of grass, and fruiting.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom