Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
my warrant
    #4026424 - 04/07/05 03:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So, 3-4 weeks ago (this is what my first post here was about), a female cop pulled a gun to my head, after smoking a bowl outdoors, with my roommate. Nothing more to the story, we weren't doin shit. We were sitting there smokin a bowl next to this building, we had just got done, and we stood up and began walking. We heard someone walking around the corner, so we start walking away quickly. "Boulder Police! Freeze, or i'll aim my gun at your head!" i took couple more steps, and stopped completely. Turned around, and she has a 9mm pointed at my head. She has us walk over and sit down on the grass, and we do, very cooperative (although from now on i'm gonna say what the fuck i want to say, what is right). She asks what we were doing, i tell her we were smoking, and said i had a pipe and weed in my pocket. Handed it to her, then she searched me (not finding my salvia extract i just happened to have at the time). Doesn't read me my rights, puts me in cuffs and takes me to jail (this was my first offense too). My friend got off with a ticket, but he was on probation already. The female cops got wetter and wetter the more they could put on me, the harsher the charges they could file. Got bailed out the next day with a court date for 6-7 days ago.

So, i said fuck going to court. Fuck getting a gun pulled on me, for being me and getting punished for it. Now i have a warrant and have been getting phone calls from the justice center asking for me. I don't plan on going to court, getting probation, or turning myself in, i'm gonna keep it on the low. I've decided to move in with my friend, and just stay low, doing what i do.

What do you guys think of my actions? I honestly didn't do anything wrong, i'm not a bad person, and i'm not going to get punished for nothing. I doubt that i'll get questioned by a cop, or have my name ran any time soon, i don't drive, my job is under the table. Input would be great, i don't really know what to do.

Goin underground  :smirk:

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: my warrant [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4026438 - 04/07/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ya you did nothing wrong. But I don't think this is the best way to deal with it. They could forget it all, but don't bet on it. Do lots of research, get good lawyers, and don't take their bs.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
    #4026443 - 04/07/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well...you didn't deserve to have a gun aimed at your head.

but...you should have gone to court.
now they are going to dog the crap out of you when they do find you.
and they will come looking for you...in time.

I'd go turn myself in or get another court date if I was you.

take care!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #4026451 - 04/07/05 03:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, you would have initially had a chance in court, but you blew it.

Your basically running from the trial, why would the jury beleive a man who's been hiding out... if you did nothing wrong would you really not go.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: my warrant [Re: Roadkill]
    #4026463 - 04/07/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You weren't read your Miranda Rights. If you have any good lawyer, he should be able to get you off on that fact alone. As for avoiding your court date, that was the most un-intelligent thing you could have done. The chances of this going away are slim to none, what will happen is the next time you need to use "The System" your outstanding warrant will appear; you can imagine what will follow after wards. Try and make the best of this by hiring a quality lawyer, and explaining away your tardiness. Best of luck man. Marijuana should be legal, but we definitely aren't going to have public consumption legalized along with it. Always smoke a joint when you are in public, you can dispose of it, and you won't get any hard punishment if you are caught.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4026466 - 04/07/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Mr. police officer man
Police officer man
You got the gun
We got the plant
Who's the criminal?

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4026480 - 04/07/05 03:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i had a chick cop tell me she was gunna fuck me with her Maglight flashlight.........

had another cop hit me in the face with his badge, saying " you know what this is", he was off duty.

if you don't turn yourself in, or get a lawyer, or both. your fucking yourself worse than the initial fine....... you might have gotten off with just a small fine...but now your wanted.
not good..

Roadkill is totally right.

good luck in colorado police state ( made my friend leave the state for a DUI )

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4026483 - 04/07/05 03:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

If the cop honestly didn't read you your rights, you could potentially have the whole thing thrown out. Or could have, since you skipped your court appearance. And, just so I have the information correct in my head, what charges WERE put against you? If you didn't resist arrest, you could only really be charged with posession/paraphenalia. Possibly tresspassing, at worst. I really would have gone, especially if it was your first offense.

Having skipped out on court, you've just added a pretty serious count against yourself.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: my warrant [Re: Shroomism]
    #4026486 - 04/07/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I used to love saying stuff like that to cops while they were harassing me. Only resulted with treatment that bordered ''beat down'' treatment. However the legal status of drugs is by no means justifiable, what happened to Autonomy?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4026487 - 04/07/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Get a lawyer, go to court.

You're basically just making your situation worse now.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: my warrant [Re: Freeker]
    #4026507 - 04/07/05 03:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the replies :smile: I don't know your beliefs, but i definitely don't believe that smoking pot is wrong. That is all i did. They are trying to punish me, for smoking a plant. We were gonna walk home and listen to some music if they hadn't shown up. A chance at what? A chance to get on probation, or go to jail on some bullshit charges. They got me with Criminal Trespassing 1, for standing next to a building, Paraphenalia, and Posession of Marijuana (i had less than 1/2 a bowl on me).

I mean, i could go with the massess and just let them handle me, and tell me who i am and what i'm supposed to do, but no. This is why USA is so fucked, the masses are brainwashed, and they don't do shit about it, even after finding out they've been lied to their whole life.

Again, thanks (still want some more opinions)

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: my warrant [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4026518 - 04/07/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You guys are trying to scare the kid into the legal system just like everyone else will do. Sure, it wasn't the wisest choice if you want to be an upstanding member of society.. but the most extra he's facing is failure to appear. That's what like 30 days.. maybe 60. Fuck the drug laws. I don't care if that's the law, it still isn't right. Guess what.. I wouldn't turn myself in on a bullshit warrant either. Hello canada.

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: my warrant [Re: Shroomism]
    #4026523 - 04/07/05 03:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Was waitin for someone to say that ^^

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #4026527 - 04/07/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I am totally for Marijuana. The laws in this country on it are immoral and downright dumb. But the fact that they are illegal makes them "wrong" in the eyes of where it matters in your situation (the jury and judge).

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: my warrant [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4026528 - 04/07/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Your rights only need to be read if you are goingto be questioned, if you have not had your rights read and have been questioned, then they could not use what they found out in questioning. You should not have skiped court, get a lawyer. No reason for her to pull her gun out on you.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4026535 - 04/07/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know what colorado laws is like, but florida fucks people up the ass in our situation. I got similar charges to you, 3 misdemeanors.. served 74 days in jail.. time served right? nope.. license suspended, drug counseling/testing for a year, $5,000 in fines, probation for two years.. which basically guarantees that I go back to jail. How are you supposed to work and pay shitloads of fines without a license in bumfuck florida? You can't, that's why this county probation has a 95% violation rate. Good luck man.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4026541 - 04/07/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

No one is more pro-legalization then myself...Well maybe Jack Herer, and Rob Kampia or a couple other NORML leaders. However America is refusing to wake up, I think its because of the extreme loss in pharmaceutical profits if marijuana is legalized. So why not take a few extra precautions to entirely avoid that end of the system. Not appearing for a court date (Or "failure to appear for arraignment") if left out-standing for a long period of time can become a serious offense. No one is trying to scare him, just let him know he should deal with it head on and get it over with.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4026543 - 04/07/05 03:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah.. go spend $2,000+ on a lawyer who will get your sentenced lessened by 5 or 10% ideally. I don't care what lawyer you have, the cops will win. So what if she pulled her gun at you and pointed it at your head.. she's a cop, the judge will think nothing of it. Yet you point a gun at a cop, if you're lucky enough not to be killed.. you'll sit in jail for most of your life.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: my warrant [Re: gdman]
    #4026544 - 04/07/05 03:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you Shroomism and s2dope. I totally see what all of you are saying, but i really don't think it was an unwise choice. I'm just standing up for what i believe is right (and i know most all of want to do the same, or at least i hope so). I really can't afford a lawer right now (althought i can spend 75 bucks on that sick ass greenhouse setup in the marketplace, haha), my mothers diabetic, has no job, so that's where half of my funds go.

So, when they find me, and incarcerate me, it'll just kindle my flames more. Don't you guys want to live freely?

--------------------

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: my warrant [Re: Shagshow]
    #4026546 - 04/07/05 03:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This country does not help people convicted of anything, we are not into the "Rehabilitation model" DUHHH haha. America is going to get kicked in the face if they don't wake up and make some changes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, Salvia

Community >> The Pub