Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Trixie Garcia
    #4004300 -

The latest Rolling Stone has an article on rock star children. One of the subjects they discuss is Trixie Garcia, the daughter of Jerry and Mountain Girl. They show a picture of her. There are cacti in the background of the picture that look like San Pedro or Peruvian Torch. I could be wrong since I'm no expert.

It's pretty interesting. They say she had her first psychedelic experience as a toddler, but don't elaborate. However, I found this on a website....

Quote:
"Trixie Garcia had her first psychedelic experience when she was one and a half. A bag of mushrooms had been left sitting out. Trixie's parents -- the late Grateful Dead singer Jerry Garcia and the prototypical hippie chick Mountain Girl -- were not particularly alarmed. "My mom was like, 'Oh, it made you more communicative!' " says Trixie, now thirty and a painter living in the Bay Area. 'Most of the kids in the scene had some early dosing incident. My sister got into some acid-spiked orange juice.'"




She also talks about her high school buddy Tupac Shakur. Once, she threw a party where things got stolen along with a keyboard being thrown out of a window, etc.. She went through a rebellious rap phase, which Jerry and Mountain Girl hated. Interesting article. She's the only one I read about.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4004685 -

lol, I saw that same magazine, and she was the only one I read about too.

Although, garfunkels kid is werid looking.


--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4006078 -

I need to read this article, good post.  :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4006086 -

what does she look like?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4006323 -

I'd say...a cross between Jerry Garcia and Moutain Girl.  :grin:  Just kidding, she looks like a bigger boned Leah Remini maybe.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4006377 -

She's pretty in a plain sort of way...

just my 2 pesos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4006439 -

i like how she invited tupac over and they through all jerry's stuff out the window..lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4006445 -

also is that jerry's only kid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4006449 -

Leary, what album is your 'mp3 of the month' from?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4006451 -

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: No, he's got a lot of kids.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4006758 -

KingOftheThing said:
i like how she invited tupac over and they through all jerry's stuff out the window..lol



Kind of symbolic, huh? Here's what it says.....

Quote:
At any rate, the house ended up trashed - things stolen, keyboards thrown out of the windows. "My poor dad," Trixie says, laughing. "He was so nonconfrontational. Such a pushover. All the did, he left a note the next time he went on tour: 'Dear Trixie, Please don't have a party with more than a thousand people."



I don't know how many kids he has. Ken Kesey also has a kid with Moutain Girl, though.

Phumfeinz: It's from the "Sgt. Pepper" sessions. It's George's.

Trixie is the girl in the middle in the picture below.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4006811 -

RS said in a 95 article that Jerry was survived by four daughters. Heather, Annabelle, Teresa, Keelin.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4007452 -

Dark_Star said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: No, he's got a lot of kids.



:lol: :thumbup: :grin:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Jim]
    #4008077 -

GratefulJim said:
RS said in a 95 article that Jerry was survived by four daughters. Heather, Annabelle, Teresa, Keelin.



Yeah 4 girls from two or three different mothers.

Which is the one that made the speach at his memorial?


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Ripple]
    #4008089 -

Then were does Trixie fit in?? Is that her nick name?





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4008098 -

Teresa is Trixie


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Ripple]
    #4008177 -

Oh, ok. In the magazine, they don't mention her real name even once. Maybe she's trying to stay somewhat undercover.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trixie Garcia [Re: Learyfan]
    #4009090 -

I forget exactly how it was written because I Read the article once like 3 weeks ago. But they asked her where do you feel most comfortable or something. And she said on the roof of the furthur on the way to a dead show, or something like that....


--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Interesting Grateful Dead article in local paper. Madtowntripper 4,898 17 05/22/11 05:14 AM
by Phychotron
* jerry garcia *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 all )
uber_aj 6,787 77 12/15/06 09:26 PM
by cApTaInCrAp
* NYT article about The Grateful Dead.
( 1 2 all )
adrug 5,061 27 04/23/12 08:05 PM
by Dark_Star
* Grateful Dead article in latest Rolling Stone magazine LearyfanS 2,553 9 09/05/05 01:15 PM
by Gr8fulJ420
* Very good interveiw with Jerry Garcia LeastResistance 3,216 10 02/20/05 04:25 PM
by LeastResistance
* Getting BJ from Heather Brooke Patlal 1,749 7 02/02/11 01:19 PM
by sui
* Rolling Stone Pickard Article
( 1 2 3 4 all )
theocean06 50,719 78 03/03/13 08:54 AM
by Learyfan
* Jerry Garcia Birthday thread
( 1 2 all )
toastandjam 1,000 23 08/01/08 07:58 PM
by JayFizzle

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,222 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 56 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.