Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCACA
veteran
Pinning... Dry
    #399419 - 09/20/01 08:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

As some of you may know, I cased without adding water- a dry casing, because I didn't know I was supposed to add water. I went to check on the mushrooms today after three days and lo and behold, there are like three or four (I forget) pinning mushrooms growing amongst other things. (Mycelial and primordial.)These things look like real mushrooms, except they're small. How did this happen? I had the casing, which is Jiffy Mix, with around four layers of saran wrap over it inside my Sterlite tub inside a closet with the door shut. No cold environment or light was introduced and they are looking really pretty and perfect. Thin little things they are.. but they're the first mushrooms I have ever cultivated. Anyways, I sprayed them with about 15 to 20 sprays of water. Let's just check back tumorrah.. heh... see what in all develops. =) Should I pick these and when? Good chance they'll be aborts? I have to get some dessicant. Does Wal Mart have dessicant? I am happy about this development, but also a bit worried because even tho there are other parts of the casing developing, there are no parts that are as far along as that one particular spot is. The mushrooms are probably a mm or so in width and about 2 cm tall. The damn things make me feel like a kid on Christmas morning .. playing Super Mario World or somethin..  =)  Thanks for all the help you guys have given me and especially Dimitri, without whose generosity I could not have done this. Growing = g00d !

:frown: Time for a cigarette.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegodflesh

Re: Pinning... Dry [Re: CACA]
    #399514 - 09/20/01 10:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Congratulations! You popped your cherry. My friend recently harvested her first crop, pretty measly but she thinks the next will rock.

Anyway, a word of advice, take it easy on the spraying. Too much water on those shrooms and they will rot. The casing needs only to be moist, not wet.

Good luck!

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: Pinning... Dry [Re: godflesh]
    #399525 - 09/20/01 10:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oh shit.. lol I sprayed a lot.. but I think it wont be bad because the stuff underneath really needed some water badly. When I broke the substrate up, it felt like styrofoam.

:frown: Time for a cigarette.

Edited by CACA on 09/20/01 09:41 PM.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation