Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: styrofoam terrarium styrofoam ice chest etc.
    #68723 - 12/16/99 05:39 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Styrofoam coolers, in my opinion, are better than glass aquariums. Heres a few reasons why: They weigh less, therefore its much eaiser to relocate; It isn't transparent, its easier to seal, cheap, and is easily replaceable. Since I switched to a styrofoam cooler, my humidity has been optimized, and my sucsess has improved. Its just what I prefer personally, I know others here use glass, and thats what they prefer. Its up to you, just weigh the pros and cons and figure out what suits you best :wink:

The Lizard,

------------------
-------------------------
Lizard Kings can do anything.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#68725 - 12/16/99 05:49 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Lizard King, what do you use for a spray shield when using a styrofoam, or do you use a spray shield at all?

John

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #68726 - 12/16/99 06:01 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

I don't use a spray sheild. It isn't really necessacary with casings, only cakes. I stop misting when I see pins and let the perlite do the work. I found that continuing to mist after pinning occurs, causes overlay in the casing. At least it does with me and my casing tek.

The Lizard,

------------------
-------------------------
Lizard Kings can do anything.

--------------------

Anonymous

#68727 - 12/16/99 06:44 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

I've found the same, after switching to my glass aquarium, it seems my flushes were much more productive in a styrofoam cooler, in mine I used a piece of plexiglass for a drip sheild, and it also *seemed* to keep the humidity up in that lower portion of the cooler. If you really want to perfect things, turn the inside black w/ paper/paint/whatever so that the mushrooms know what direction to grow (to the light coming through a plexiglass windown on top), and you'll get nice, tall mushrooms

Anonymous

#68728 - 12/17/99 03:34 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Personally, I agree with the other responces here. In my experiance styrofoam coolers were much more convinient in every aspect. You should do fine with them. Good luck,

------------------
Inner~Circle Spore Exchange
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~icspores/
innercircle@alloymail.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation