Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Experimental Knowledge
    #3969682 - 03/25/05 05:13 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I have recently acquired quite a few legal herbs that I'm going to experiment with, mostly by smoking and some other methods for a couple.

Among them were:
4 ounces of syrian rue
1 gram pharmaceutical grade kanna
1/2 ounce of Nelumbo nucifera stamens
1 ounce powdered kratom
1 ounce scullcap
1 ounce vervain
1 ounce Klip strain wild dagga
Unknown amount of powdered kava (Free gift from IAmShaman)

My experimentation started just a minute ago when I sniffed quite a line of that pharm. grade kanna. I've had the regular grade from IAmShaman before, and this is very much superior. It's a light green, pretty finely powdered with only a few occassional small stems. Insufflation was surprisingly smooth, no burning, and at first I didn't even notice I had insufflated it. Now I am sneezing a few times, and have a bit of a sour drip, but it's not bad, very tolerable if I get any effects out of this kanna.

I feel a bit out of it from sniffing the kanna, but it may be placebo and happiness from getting all my herbs. I'll keep you posted on experimentations with all of the above over time.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: Experimental Knowledge [Re: Ravus]
    #3970006 - 03/25/05 06:56 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I reccommend not trying to get effects by smoking the plant material raw as my experience is that the dosage necessary for effects is an unpleasant amount of smoke to inhale. Obviously doesn't apply to some on that list but extraction will be better on your lungs. Good list have fun.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Experimental Knowledge [Re: passitbobbie]
    #3970051 - 03/25/05 07:15 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I plan on trying different methods of consumption, some may be an unpleasant amount but perhaps I will discover something useful.

Kanna didn't really work too well, almost indistinguishable from placebo, so right now I'm downing some disgusting kratom tea. It doesn't taste too bad as long as you add a shitload of honey, I estimate I added somewhere between 7 to 12 grams of kratom (quite a deviation, I need a scale obviously), but I'm already feeling a bit floaty. My hopes for this kratom are higher than for the kanna, so I'll report how it goes.

I'm sure nobody actually cares, but I'm trying to keep my experiences of legal herbs in one place and perhaps communicate some knowledge.

Wow, this kratom does kick in quick, feeling slight effects already.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3970434 - 03/25/05 09:12 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Maybe I need to take more, but I don't see what all the hubbub is about kratom. I took at least a quarter of an ounce, mixed in with green tea and honey, and felt relaxed, my body felt a bit odd walking, but it was nothing to write home about. Maybe equivalent to a beer and a couple hits of bud, but other than that kratom just seems boring.

However, I am not going to judge it yet, I will take a higher dose, at least double the dose this time, and report back. Maybe I'll just take the rest of it since I got such minor effects this time, would taking 3/4ths or so of an ounce of kratom be a physical problem at all?

--------------------

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #3970956 - 03/25/05 11:22 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

wow I am very interested to hear some comparisons to all these.  If u can get a pretty detailed report maybe ratings, consumption method, effects, etc. I would be very grateful.  Its a lot better in my opinion to hear what someone says when they have tried so many others to compare each other.  Man u will get 5 shrooms for me if u do. So many people say they will post a result of what happens or do a experiment and post detailed result or pictures, but most do not.  So here is some bribery. 
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Experimental Knowledge [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3970995 - 03/25/05 11:31 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

The kratom has completely worn off, and looking back on it, it's not too bad. If you don't go into it with any expectations, you may be rather happy at the relaxation and peace of mind it provides without really intoxicating you. It's not nearly as intense as bud, but it lasts longer, and I'm definitely going to explore kratom a bit more. It may hold more magic than I at first would've given it credit for.

I do intend to write experience reports on most or all of these, though some of them, probably at least vervain and scullcap, will probably just be a stereotypical "No psychoactive effects." For only a couple dollars an ounce though, legal herbs are always worth looking into, and if you don't get any effects, then it's still a success to cross one off the list of the many herbs that need to be sampled.

--------------------

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

#3971059 - 03/25/05 11:50 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I really think a lot of legals are under estimated. I think if one uses them right and even with combinations (with experience of course) they can be really worth while, best trip I ever had compared to was with morning glory seeds, I can only compare that to mushies, pot and Salvia. Salvia was awesome too. My friend though who did have experience with lsd, mushies, and many others said the same. So experiment on!

--------------------

Edited by GNIOM1498 (03/26/05 12:07 AM)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3977198 - 03/27/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

I've been experimenting with the herbs more, noticeably kanna. I've used it quite a few times, usually using a few lines, and so far it's inconclusive. I really am not getting much of an effect from kanna, and am ready to give up on it.

Today I also did an unscientific test, when I smoked a combination of blue lotus, syrian rue, wild dagga and cannabis. Because it had cannabis it's inconclusive, but I thought my high felt a bit different, hard to explain but more colorful and a bit more intoxicating. The smoke wasn't bad at all, and I'll experiment more without any other factors.

Just a few minutes ago I started drinking some kratom, which tastes like shit. Last time I felt only minor effects, so this time I at least quadrupled the dose, and used the rest of it. There is still half a cup left of this shit, but it's the most vile tasting stuff I've ever drank, possibly as bad as cough syrup. I'm already feeling floaty from it though, so I think I'll definitely acquire some positive effects. I'll report back on this kratom later.

To make it I just filled a huge coffee cup twice with kratom, added tap water and a shitload of honey and drank. I felt like I was going to vomit numerous times, and gagged many, but at least I've down about 14 or 15 grams of it by now, so I'll report back. I may try drinking the rest but I fear I'll probably puke if I taste any more of that nasty shit.

--------------------

InvisibleDety
Old No.7
Folding@home Statistics
    #3977555 - 03/27/05 08:11 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

I really am not getting much of an effect from kanna, and am ready to give up on it.

Same here i have done it 5+ times with little to no effects.

I got mine from www.iamshaman.com

Kanna Capsules (Sceletium tortuosum) - 1:1

These 350mg certified organic, non-machine made GelCaps.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Experimental Knowledge [Re: Dety]
    #3977601 - 03/27/05 08:20 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Same here, except I got the pharm. grade powdered kanna. I don't think it's IAmShaman, they tend to have good products for everything, I just think kanna isn't really active.

On the kratom, about 40 minutes after drinking it I went through one clean emesis, no dryheaving or anything but still extremely unpleasant. Kratom doesn't have bad effects, but at higher doses it almost seems physically impossible to hold it in. I still feel it, but my recommendation to anyone who wants to experiment with it would be to get the best quality kratom they can, because just getting the regular stuff may be cheaper, but drinking 3/4ths of an ounce of it just to get pronounced effects is nearly impossible due its taste and texture. Perhaps you could put it all in pills and swallow it, but that'd be a shitload of pills and you'd probably still have some at least some stomach discomfort, if not vomiting.

From someone who's drank vodka, cough syrup and many other things in his life, I can easily say kratom is one of the most horrible things I've ever had in terms of taste. In effects it could possibly use more research, but it'd be much better if the active ingredients could be put in a pill, so you could get the relaxed easy feeling of kratom without having to swallow the plant material.

Also, I notice it constricted my pupils more than they would be in a normal environment, in that sense and a few others it is similar to some mild opiates.

--------------------

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #3977666 - 03/27/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Have you only tried snorting kanna? If so I strongly recommend you chew some in a peice of gum. Chewing is the traditional method of ingestion and has worked best for me. The way I do it is chew a peice of gum, take it out of my mouth, open it up, put the kanna in, then close it back up. Chew it for about 30 mins, holding the juice under your tongue as long as you can.

The effects of chewing last much longer than snorting or smoking, all day if you chew enough. I've been using it every day for a couple weeks now and it's the best mood elevator I've come across so far. Also gives me a nice buzz if I chew enough. Just don't go overboard because it'll last all day and can be unpleasant if you take too much. YMMV though, most people's do on kanna. Btw, if one's kanna isn't powdered, it may have gravel like stuff in it that will hurt your teeth, so don't chew too hard.

From my experience with kratom, the first couple tries with it weren't impressive even though the dosage was right. The third and fourth times were great though. It's not just me either, I've seen quite a few people mention it didn't work very well for them at first. I love the stuff but it's just alittle too expensive for now.

Have fun!

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Experimental Knowledge [Re: Neon]
    #3977723 - 03/27/05 08:49 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Interesting, I was ready to try some other methods of taking kanna, as I still have about half a gram left. How much do you usually chew?

--------------------

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #3977793 - 03/27/05 09:09 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Hmm, I usually chew about 100 mg to keep my mild depression/anxiety/mood swings away all day. If I wanna be buzzed all day 200-300 mg. I usually use regular kanna though, so I'm not really sure how much pharm grade to chew. I would just start at 50-100 mg and take alittle more if nothing happens after 30 mins or so. Sometimes there's some mild anxiety on the come up, kinda like a hallucinogen.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Experimental Knowledge [Re: Neon]
    #3987661 - 03/29/05 09:36 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

I tried chewing the kanna in some gum, but all it did was make me a bit jittery and leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Kanna seems to be, for the most part, useless for recreational use.

I also tried experimenting with smoking syrian rue today in a 25 minute long session. It didn't taste too bad and wasn't that harsh, comparable to cannabis in its harshness almost, and did produce some effects. I noticed a slight shimmering over objects in my vision, and a bit of distorted perception. It didn't affect my thoughts at all though, like cannabis does, and didn't really produce any euphoric effects. Smoked rue on its own seems to be a bit pointless, its true use may be in smoking it to potentiate other herbs, noticeably cannabis. I will have to try smoking rue and cannabis combined and see if I notice increased effects.

I plan to also try smoking rue with other herbs soon, such as dagga, scullcap and sacred lotus.

I also tried to take some rue by putting the seeds in toilet paper and swallowing them, probably about 2 or 3 grams worth, but I didn't notice enough effects to distinguish it from placebo. Despite their foul taste orally, it seems rue needs to be made into a more suitable form of ingestion, such as tea. I will try experimentation with other methods of taking rue orally later, even though it does taste pretty disgusting. The smoke of the seeds, for some reason, is much more palatable than the seeds themselves.

Rue is extremely dense- a quarter pound of the seeds takes up about as much space as possibly a quarter ounce of cannabis. When smoking rue, it does not cherry, and needs continuous relighting. Also, a good bowl of rue, being much more dense than cannabis, takes a long time to smoke- I spent 25 minutes constantly puffing on rue, and just blackened the top seeds for the most part. If smoking is to be resumed on its own, a suitable extraction will need to be made.

--------------------

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #3989114 - 03/30/05 06:10 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I find kanna to be good for mild anxiety or when I'm just feeling gloomy, but it generally just gets me back up to baseline. If you're after a legal stimulant, I'd say yerba mate was better, although it can just make you jittery.
What about salvia, have you done that before? Also, I'm very much looking forward to hearing your experience with the lotus...

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: Experimental Knowledge [Re: Openminded]
    #3992768 - 03/30/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

have you tried just dagga by itself? reason is because im growing it right now and i have never tried it.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Experimental Knowledge [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3992865 - 03/30/05 10:32 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I tried dagga and lotus together, and while it didn't compare to marijuana (nothing has, if marijuana is cheddar all the legal herbs are Cheezwhiz so far) the dagga/ lotus combination did produce slight euphoric effects and a bit more clarity of thought.

I also tried smoking scullcap today, and it is an herb that should not be smoked. Scullcap is extremely harsh, it's almost like chopped up pieces of hay, and doesn't really produce any effects. For the most it's useless, I hear some people drink scullcap as an herbal tea but if you're looking for something to smoke scullcap is not for you.

Dagga and lotus smoke doesn't taste too bad, it's a bit harsh but manageable, almost comparable to marijuana in the smoke's character. Both lotus stamens and dagga leaves/ flowers tend to burn quickly, and would not create the ideal smoke if you were just looking for something to inhale.

I smoked a combination of lotus, dagga and scullcap with a pinch of rue this morning, and it may have produced some effects (probably the lotus and dagga if anything, the rue takes quite a lot to produce even minor effects and scullcap doesn't do anything), but also made me extremely tired and lethargic for a couple hours. Lotus and dagga may need to be looked into more, but for the most part these herbs need an extraction to be smoked. They're definitely no marijuana substitute.

The problem thusfar encountered with legal herbs is that, in their natural state, the effects are often subtle enough that you wonder if it's just from the combination of smoke inhalation, a tiny amount of marijuana resin in your bowl and placebo, or whether the herbs themselves are producing the current relaxation and change of thought. I believe dagga and lotus are active, but if pronounced effects are to be had from the inhalation route, an extraction must be made.

--------------------

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

#3993180 - 03/30/05 11:55 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

hmm thats kind of a bummer.

--------------------

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #3993799 - 03/31/05 05:10 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Few things I thought were interesting:
-Kanna+Dagga smoked, vendors sell this combo, they go together pretty well.
-Kanna+Cannabis smoked, natives enjoyed this combo and so did I, but kanna is too harsh to smoke regularly.
-Supposedly you can build a reverse tolerance to lotus, I haven't actually tried this myself though.

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#3994952 - 03/31/05 11:18 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Extraction is the key to turn weakly psychoactive plants into something with more kick. If you want some advice on extraction just shoot me a PM.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules