Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds
    #3982895 - 03/28/05 11:10 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Enter: Welcome aboard. How ya holding up, brother?
ToTheSummit:

Enter: Herein we shall commence with thy background. What cards have you been dealt in life so far? Take your time. We've got all night.
ToTheSummit:

Enter: The thing that can cause happiness in your heart is...
ToTheSummit:

Enter: When it's late and you're hungry you usually turn to...
ToTheSummit:

Enter: The last breakfast cereal that you definitely didn't exactly enjoy was...
ToTheSummit:

Enter: Who is important to you?
ToTheSummit:

Enter: Let's talk the talk. How many tabs of acid have you eaten to date?
ToTheSummit:

Enter: Name a l s d print that stands out in your mind.
ToTheSummit:

Enter: Tell us about your very first acid experience. What happened?
ToTheSummit:

Enter: The city you live in is like a...
ToTheSummit:

Enter: Ever go hunting for fungi in the fields? Tell us a story if you have one.
ToTheSummit:

Enter: You play bass, correct? How many years have you been playing and how many songs have you written to date?
ToTheSummit:

Enter: What musicians have influenced your style and taste?
ToTheSummit:

Enter: Have you ever ingested a psychedelic while at a concert? Tell us about it.
ToTheSummit:

Enter: I understand you were raised as a missionary. I'm not even sure where to start as far as questions. Can you just sort of tell us about the whole childhood background and what it was like? Do you have a sense of fulfillment in that you served others before yourself?
ToTheSummit:

Enter: What is love?
ToTheSummit:

Enter: Good poetry is inspired thru...
ToTheSummit:

Thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds [Re: World Spirit]
    #3987229 - 03/29/05 08:28 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Enter: Welcome aboard. How ya holding up, brother?
ToTheSummit: Life is treating me well.  I can't complain.  Well...I could complain but it would be insincere as I have nothing to complain about!

Enter: Herein we shall commence with thy background. What cards have you been dealt in life so far? Take your time. We've got all night.
ToTheSummit: Lets see.  I had a really religious upbringing, even served as a Mormon Missionary between the ages of 19 and 21!  But I was questioning my faith by the time I was a young man and after some hard times (the sudden death of my Mother and a short-lived, awful marriage...all within 6 months) I started doing some soul searching.  I studied lots of other religions (besides the one I was raised with) but couldn't find anything that felt right.  I started to experiment with drugs and upon discovering LSD I embarked on a journey that, over the next 18 months or so, changed my life.  Suddenly I looked around and I was 25 years old and in love with a wonderful woman, who has since become my wife of over a decade.

Somewhere in those turbulent early years I carved a niche for myself in construction.  It just started out as an easy way to make money w/o going to college, but I enjoyed it so much I never left.  Hard work and early hours have always suited me, even when I was young.  I love to be up and out before sunrise and work without a roof over my head all day.  And nothing satisfies me more then a long day of manual labor.  I'd never make it in an office environment!  I spent a lot of years busting my ass, and now, after about 15 years of experience, I am finally in a position where I no longer have to do the back-breaking work.  Now I get to sit in my equipment all day, listen to the radio, and get paid good money to dig holes in the dirt!  Its every little boys dream job! :grin:  And nowadays I get my fix of manual labor by hiking and backpacking all over the Western US.

The wife and I have no kids.  But we got 2 cats and I'm pretty sure they believe they are human children!  We got a nice comfortable little house and still live in the city I have called home most my life...Las Vegas.  And no, I don't gamble! :tongue:  All in all life has been good for me, and it seems to get a little better every year as long as I keep working hard and playing even harder.

ToTheSummit:  Wow, honestly, thats a hard one for me to answer.  Not because I can't think of things that make me happy, but rather because I can't think of many things that don't make me happy!  Does that make sense?  You see, I am one of those perpetually happy people.  It sometimes pisses my wife off, actually.  I am always upbeat, smiling, and just generally in a good mood.  I rarely have a bad day.  And I tend to be optomistic about everything, even when the shit-storm is raining down on my world I just tend to shrug it off with a cynical comment and a smirk.

So i guess to answer the question, life makes me happy! :smile:

Enter: When it's late and you're hungry you usually turn to...
ToTheSummit: Del Taco 59 cent crunchy tacos....and more beer.

Enter: The last breakfast cereal that you definitely didn't exactly enjoy was...
ToTheSummit:  I had "Honey Smacks" this morning.  Why don't they just go back to calling those things "Sugar Smacks"?  Its like eating a fucking bowl of candy for breakfast!  Gimme some Grape Nuts any day.

Enter: Who is important to you?
ToTheSummit:  My wife.  She loves me for who I am and is one of the most selfless people I've ever known.  And my Father.  Although I chose to turn my back on the path he laid out for me in life he still accepts and loves me.  And he is still an inspiration and great source of knowledge.  Truly salt-o-the-earth type.

Enter: Let's talk the talk. How many tabs of acid have you eaten to date?
ToTheSummit:  Wow, never did keep an accurate count.  At my peak use I was tripping at least 3 days a week and the dosages were usually very high.  It wasn't unusual to take 25 hits at a time or more.  This was from about late 1991 to early 1993.  I knew little to nothing about LSD at the time.  I just knew that it was helping me find solace in my life at the time and acceptance of feelings that I had harbored for many years.  I got bombarded by my friends about how stupid I was.  I heard all the urban legends and myths about acid.  And in those days I had no internet to turn to for information and advice.  But I felt safe every time I tripped, and to this day I have never had what I think could be classified as a 'bad' trip.  I was just using myself as a guinea pig and luckily I came out on top.  And every time someone would say I was completely fucking nuts I'd just smile at them and pop another 10-strip in my mouth!

Enter: Name a l s d print that stands out in your mind.
ToTheSummit: The majority of the blotter I got was white.  Not sure where it came from exactly but my supplier was going to cali to get it.  But the prints I remember vividly were red stars.  The reason I remember them was because I lost my wallet in the park one time with 8 hits in it.  When it was recovered the next day it had sat out in the sprinklers overnight.  The ink from the red stars had run and there were 2 bussiness cards that now had a pink tint.  Disappointedly I ate the hits and both bussiness cards.  I was at the first Laguna Seca Daze music festival (1993, saturday show) that day and the disappointment was soon gone!  Those little red stars (along with the 2 bussiness cards) made for one of the most entertaining Phish sets I ever saw! :grin:

Enter: Tell us about your very first acid experience. What happened?
ToTheSummit: I was at a party.  I dropped 2 hits.  When it started to come on I got uncomfortable being inside with all the people so I went for a walk down the street by myself.  I found a low wall and sat down, placing my hands out to my sides on top of the wall.  I suddenly heard this faint crackling sound and I looked down at my left hand.  There were spider webs growing up my hand and onto my arm!  My first hallucination!  I jumped up startled, then I started to laugh out loud.  A wave of contentment washed over me and I laughed even harder.  The rest of the night is a little foggy, but I was in love with lucy right from the start!

Enter: The city you live in is like a...
ToTheSummit:  ...dog turd covered in diamonds.  Its really shiny and expensive, but underneath it is still a turd.

Actually, I love Vegas.  It is my home.  And the great thing about living here is that its just like any other town except nothing ever closes.  And when you live here you don't bother with the glitz and glamour of The Strip.  I can't even remember the last time I was down there.

Enter: Ever go hunting for fungi in the fields? Tell us a story if you have one.
ToTheSummit: Having spent most of my life in the desert I have never had the opportunity.  But I did find some beautiful A. Muscaria on the edge of a meadow once while backpacking through the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Enter: You play bass, correct? How many years have you been playing and how many songs have you written to date?
ToTheSummit:  I've been on the bass for about 3 years.  I was learning guitar at the time and myself and couple friends were jamming and decided to start a band.  But our guitarist has 20+ years under his belt so I had nothing to contribute.  Then they said,"We need a bassist" and proceeded to volunteer me.  I went out and bought one and the rest is history.  I write a lot lyrics but I can only lay claim to writing music on a handful of songs.

Enter: What musicians have influenced your style and taste?
ToTheSummit:  I started to learn guitar because of my love for Pat Metheny's music.  He probably remains my favorite artist.  But I draw a lot of influence in my playing from my youth.  I like hard, fast punk-rock style bass lines.

Enter: Have you ever ingested a psychedelic while at a concert? Tell us about it.
ToTheSummit:  Other than the aforementioned acid at Laguna Seca Daze....the Pub will be able to appreciate that I saw a few Dead shows here in Vegas in the early 90's while trippin balls.

Enter: I understand you were raised as a missionary. I'm not even sure where to start as far as questions. Can you just sort of tell us about the whole childhood background and what it was like? Do you have a sense of fulfillment in that you served others before yourself?
ToTheSummit: OK, A quick history lesson.  I was born into a very religious family. Spent my grade school years in Salt Lake City with strict Mormon doctrine dictating most aspects of my life.  My family moved to Las Vegas when I was 11 but even through the remainder of my school years and into adulthood the religion that was around me all the time pretty much dominated my life.

I rebelled a bit as a teenager (as most teens do) by discovering Punk Rock and aligning myself with that scene.  This was in a bout 1981 before it was fashionable to be "punk".  It did 3 things for me in those impressionable years.  1- It pissed off my parents something good. 2- It got me beat up on a regular basis (I was a little guy and punkers were not socially accepted in those days).  And 3- It opened my eyes to a whole side of the world that I had never known existed.  My sheltered upbringing had really put a set of blinders on me!  But even through those years I never tried any drugs.  I still had lots of guilt and fear of being a "sinner".  Hell, I even kept my virginity until I was out of High School because of these feelings!

After High School I went away to college.  This was my first taste of the real world where I could explore who I really was.  I tried drugs and got laid for the first time in my life that year.  But the lingering fear of God that had been impressed on me since birth was very strong.  I went home from that first year of school, repented for my "sins" and filled out my aplication papers to serve as a Mormon Missionary.  6 Months later I was in Australia doing the work of the Lord.

Spent the next 2 years there.  Although in years that would follow I would turn my back on those beliefs I still have to admit that it was one of the most satisfying experiences of my life.  And I am still proud to this day that I was not only able to do it, but do it well.  It is a grueling lifestlye.  I could go into details about the rules you live by, but lets just say that you truly belong to the Church for the entire 2 years!  Abuse from the public was common.  I got yelled at, spit on, punched, had a dog sicked on me, and more then one car try to run me off the road (with varying degrees of success on thier part :frown: ).  But you have to smile and turn the other cheek.  It taught me a lot of humility and a lot of patience.  And there were great times also.  I made friends who I still keep in touch with to this day.

In the end, serving as a missionary had one unexpected effect on me.  It forced me to question my faith.  The irony of it all is that I may have still been a religious person today if it wasn't for having been as a missionary.  Strange how things work out!

ToTheSummit: Freedom.  Fredom from pain,  freedom from guilt, freedom from anger, freedom from worry, freedom from jealousy, freedom from poverty, freedom from loneliness, freedom to be who I am, freedom to pursue the things I enjoy, freedom to share myself openly with those I care about.  The kind of freedoms that only you can deprive yourself of!

Enter: What is love?
ToTheSummit: The ability to fart under the covers and then pull them up over her head...and then she is still there the next morning!

Enter: Good poetry is inspired thru...
ToTheSummit: Life.  All my inspiration comes from my experiences.  And nothing inspires me like everday life.  Sometimes an event will happen at work (or the store, or hiking, it doesn't matter where) and an idea will pop into my head.  By the time I can get home to start writing almost the entire structure of the poem will have worked itself out in my head.

Thank you!
Oh no!  Thank You!  It was an honor to be in the presence of such greatness....oh, BTW....where's this plane headed?

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3987280 - 03/29/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Sorry if this got a bit lenghty.  Hope those who take the time to read it find it entertaining and informative.

Heres the short version for the rest-
"I was born, here I am now, lotsa shit happened inbetween." :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #3987515 - 03/29/05 09:14 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Nice interview. Pat Methany is the man. :thumbup:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3987636 - 03/29/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

ToTheSummit, this was a very high quality interview...one of the best. The length was actually easy to cover and to-the-point. If anything it was just the right length, otherwise it could have been longer! I hope that future interviews hit this lenght at a minimum as long as its composed with :thumbup: good, honest answers.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3987670 - 03/29/05 09:37 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Thanks, that means a lot coming from the master interviewer himself! :thumbup: I enjoyed the experience.

You keep interviewing and I'll keep reading them!

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3987694 - 03/29/05 09:43 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Which leads me to a question/statement/thing:
I'll let you select my next interviewee. Pick someone who'll definitely give a good interview if you would do so.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3987972 - 03/29/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Wow, thats an honor!  Now if I can just remember who hasn't been done. :tongue: What we need to do is put together a compilation of past interviews.  It would be highly entertaining (and helpful at times like this!).

How about we throw one out to our shroomery ladies.  Adrug, ifallapart, and Ellemyshade all seem like they'd have some things to say.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3987990 - 03/29/05 10:17 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

I agree. Someone should do a list....but it'll probably end up being me who makes the list.... :frown:
:ooo: :mad:
Adrug it is.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3988280 - 03/29/05 11:07 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Great interview! :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds [Re: Silversoul]
    #3988873 - 03/30/05 02:16 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

word.. these have all been great reads.

is someone archiving these?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3989151 - 03/30/05 06:29 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

awesome man!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds [Re: kaiowas]
    #3989156 - 03/30/05 06:30 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I missed this one, thanks for bumping kaiowas.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #3990799 - 03/30/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

great interview enter and tothesummit... it's definitely very interesting to get a glimpse of everyone's past lives... and to be honest it is quite good to know that all of you guys have had your lows and highs and ended up beeing happy in your life... that makes me feel warm... plus it gives me hope when i'm in one of those low points of my life...  :thumbup: :heart:

love out to you guys

--------------------

OfflineoDin
    #3990837 - 03/30/05 02:40 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

TTS is the man

good person

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds [Re: oDin]
    #3990911 - 03/30/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

yeah, it's too bad we (sally, scratcher and sonnyboy) didn't meet him when we were in vegas...

tts: i know you hate the strip, but you should have joined us anyway... any shitty experience can turn into something amazing when you share it with the right people  :wink: :sun:

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds [Re: In(di)go]
    #3990997 - 03/30/05 03:11 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I think your answer to "What is love" was fantabulously funny.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds [Re: In(di)go]
    #3991852 - 03/30/05 06:32 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

In(di)go said:
yeah, it's too bad we (sally, scratcher and sonnyboy) didn't meet him when we were in vegas...

tts: i know you hate the strip, but you should have joined us anyway... any shitty experience can turn into something amazing when you share it with the right people  :wink: :sun:

I don't hate the Strip.  Theres just no reason to go there when you live here.  The only time I do go down there is when I have visitors.  And yes, I would've loved to have come down and had some laughs with you guys!  To bad we didn't hook up. :sad: Hopefully next time.

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #3991877 - 03/30/05 06:39 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Great....just great stuff!

Keep it coming Enter!!!!!! 

I love it, and ToTheSummit is one of my favorite people on these boards!

Thanks so much for giving us a piece of your life my friend, much love and peace to you! :heart:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds [Re: Ripple]
    #3991985 - 03/30/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Ripple said:
ToTheSummit is one of my favorite people on these boards

And you are one of mine Rip! :thumbup:
Hopefully we will meet someday.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains