Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Good microscope?
    #3964370 -

Im going to post this here and in advanced, so everyone can give me their opinion.

I will not only be using this for mycrowork, but alot of biological photography.  Im trying to do this on a budget, but if anyone else has a better one for around the same money +/- 100 bucks, let me know. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

I will be getting a dark field in about two weeks.

I have to save up for a phase contrast, but want that as well.


--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good microscope? [Re: Photoguy]
    #3964410 -

That thar is a damn nice microscope.

Been looking awhile for a good one myself, but I don't want to spend over $150.

No luck so far.

If you can afford it, grab that one. I would.

What is a "dark field" and what is a "phase contrast"?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good microscope? [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3964421 -

dark field allows better viewing of thin slides, and biological viewing. Phase contrast allows really detailed shots of poor or micro organisms. Phase is the best, but it costs 400 bucks. The dark field is only 100.

I take photos of slides for text books and hospitals. when i get my own, im going into business for myself.

I can't wait to show you guys some of the stuff i can do.


--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good microscope? [Re: Photoguy]
    #3964469 -

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Pretty cool job!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good microscope? [Re: Photoguy]
    #3964552 -

seems cool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good microscope? [Re: Photoguy]
    #3964590 -

They have good comments on ebay, but for taking textbook photos you want the very best. They don't give the brand name, unless I missed it somehow. I have two microscopes that match the description they gave. Below are two pictures of cubie spores taken with the same camera, but in different microscopes. The shitty picture was taken with a $600 scope and the second pic was taken with a $2k scope. You be the judge. See if you can find out what brand/model the scope is.
RR





--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good microscope? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #3964652 -

What are some good brand names to look for?

$600 and $2k! DAMN!

I love micropics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New Microscope and some spore pics!!! djsollest 1,553 9 01/14/08 08:13 PM
by djsollest
* Looking for a Microscope... GoodbyeOrb 2,841 4 05/17/07 09:09 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Where to buy a nice microscope? MustardMan 8,626 11 11/13/06 09:03 PM
by RogerRabbit
* What to look @ under the Microscope? djsollest 1,913 6 02/05/08 04:13 PM
by stubborn
* Decent Microscope IGnosticAbhorI 1,629 6 07/17/10 03:04 AM
by spiritlands
* So I'm looking for a good microscope
( 1 2 all )
Holydiver 2,159 23 12/30/08 10:07 PM
by Mentonaut
* Microscopes mushpunx 483 11 02/20/16 12:53 PM
by Groo
* microscopes treko8687 1,512 12 03/08/07 01:06 AM
by Androctonus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,065 topic views. 14 members, 40 guests and 201 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.