Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
cold shocking
    #396402 -

can i cold shock my cakes as soon as they are 100% colonized with mycelium growth? how much time does this take off of the wait for the pinning stage? thanks alot. oh yeah, i just throw my jars in the fridge for four hours or so and then place cakes into terrarium right? thanks for your input and patience.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cold shocking [Re: stoner]
    #396411 -

I'm not a big proponent of cold-shocking... I don't know who thought of that. I've done just fine without the cold-shock, but maybe thats just me. The only reason I would ever cold-shock was if the jars were so far into disrepair that i would have thrown them away anyway... Then you've got nothing to lose, but I've never lost a jar (except to those nasty contams in the beginning).

So anyways that's completely my opinion, but also an opinion that is tried and true.

cheers,

abudiwa

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What? No! We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Write me and we'll swap ideas:
Shroomr4life@hotmail.com


--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:
<pants> "WTF UR PIKTUR IS SO STIPID WTF FUCK U"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cold shocking [Re: stoner]
    #396495 -

I have used cold shocking and continue to use it. It does not speed the production time of pins.(I still don't see a single pin for 6-8 days after the cakes are placed in the terrairium) but, what it does do, is makes the first flush much heavier. In my case, I get about 75% of the production of my cakes from the first flush, which is great b/c I am not patient.

Beans, beans the magical fruit...

HelpMeJebus


--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* should I cold shock
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,682 38 01/29/04 02:29 AM
by Prankster239
* Does Burma strain needs cold shock to flush ??? kottonmouthss 1,654 7 04/06/04 02:42 PM
by ohmatic
* Re: Could someone explain "COLD SHOCK"......... beatlebangboy 9,582 15 11/24/03 08:03 PM
by GonzoCool
* 2 Cold shocks? Sterile 2,636 16 05/10/04 10:29 AM
by BlueCoyote
* cold-shocking susej 2,305 13 05/26/02 02:48 AM
by Hippie3
* Cold Shocking DaGeniusE 1,681 10 06/15/02 11:23 AM
by staindblue
* Cold Shock malibu76 1,484 3 07/22/02 05:25 PM
by staindblue
* Re: Cold Shocking Anonymous 2,760 10 12/03/99 01:07 PM
by sutec

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
635 topic views. 21 members, 63 guests and 110 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.