Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
police bust north-end club $20,000 in drugs found
    #3950561 - 03/21/05 06:48 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/news/032105_NW_da_club_folo.html

FIint police bust north-end club
More than $20,000 in drugs found

(03/21/05)--Police say they came from as far way as Ohio to take part in an all-night party in FIint. But the rave party called "Gettin' Lucky" ended with more than 100 partygoers finding out luck was not on their side.

A team of local authorities raided "Club What's Next" early Sunday morning. The bust netted multiple arrests and thousands of dollars in drugs and money.

Bisi Onile-Ere had more.

Police say 130 people from across the state and across state lines were arrested at the nightclub Sunday. While some people were booked and released, others face more serious charges.

Local authorities say they had been planning their operation since October of last year. They were tipped off by an advertisement on the Internet, promoting that Club What's Next would host a "Gettin' Lucky" rave.

The cost to get in? Just $10, and access to all types of drugs.

Police say the young partygoers came from all corners of the state and even Ohio to attend. Of the 130 arrested, 17 face felonies. Others will likely be charged with misdemeanor possession or frequenting a drug place.

Police say the promoter, who goes by the street name Jell-O, was arrested and is accused of selling ecstasy. He's also believed to be a FIint native.

"I think what we're doing is we're serving notice that nobody will openly serve drugs in FIint or Ge**see County," said Ge*esee C*unty Sh*riff Bob P*ckeII.

Nightclub owner John Williams declined to go on camera, but he says he booked the event months ago and he wasn't aware it was being advertised on the Web as a rave.

He also said he didn't see anything out of the ordinary while working, but the sheriff questions how he could have missed it.

"He knows the drugs are in there, but he's a money maker you see," Pickell said. "This guy is trying to make money and it's a liability."

Authorities say at the very least, he faces a liquor violation for serving alcohol to a minor.

The operation was led by the FIint Police Department with assistance from the Ge**see County Sheriff's Department and other law-enforcement agencies.

Those arrested are expected to be arraigned Tuesday.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: police bust north-end club $20,000 in drugs found [Re: derx]
    #3951599 - 03/21/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Local authorities say they had been planning their operation since October of last year. They were tipped off by an advertisement on the Internet, promoting that Club What's Next would host a "Gettin' Lucky" rave.

:badcomputer:

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: police bust north-end club $20,000 in drugs found [Re: LethalX5]
    #3954893 - 03/22/05 05:11 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

"Others will likely be charged with ............. or frequenting a drug place."

so raves and clubs are now deemed "drug place"???
and you can be ticketed with this...wtf?
are grateful dead concerts also considered drug places, what about hip-hop shows??

this seems bad.....

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: police bust north-end club $20,000 in drugs found [Re: zerozero]
    #3955121 - 03/22/05 05:41 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

the answer to your question is yes. According the the authorities, if drugs are in the building on anybody, any person in there may be citated for "frequenting a drug house"

--------------------

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3955180 - 03/22/05 05:52 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

i understand the drug house law, but i didn't know they could make that apply to a establishment that was fronting as a night club, unless it was an illegal spot.

seems like they could go round up everyone at any night club, any night of the week, and charge them with this.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: police bust north-end club $20,000 in drugs found [Re: zerozero]
    #3955331 - 03/22/05 06:24 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

I'm sure you wouldn't have much trouble fighting such a charge in court, unless of course you did go there frequently, and were well aware of its status as drug place.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: police bust north-end club $20,000 in drugs found [Re: dblaney]
    #3955583 - 03/22/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Thats what I believe too. In fact, they arrested every single person that was there when they raided. Searched every single person, and searched every single car. Around 120 arrests, 17 charged with felonies (must been drug possessions) and all the rest got "frequenting a drug house"

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#3955685 - 03/22/05 07:47 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah, I can see no articulable probable cause for those searches...maybe: "He was in the same room with drug users!"

Although, if that were the case, then I would imagine thousands, if not millions of people could be searched, and that doesn't strike me as being reasonable, as well as being very vague.

I guess that's America for ya'

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3956754 - 03/22/05 09:57 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

i understand the drug house law, but i didn't know they could make that apply to a establishment that was fronting as a night club, unless it was an illegal spot.

seems like they could go round up everyone at any night club, any night of the week, and charge them with this.

They have been doing raids on clubs here in Tampa for at least ten years that I can remember. Every one in the club is searched at least..I have seen one of my sisters on the breaking stories segment of our local news, in '95, for only patronizing a popular club. Of course the club was know as a place where ecstasy familiar persons frequent.Even so, I don't think it is right. Presently I think the argument of privacy is null, void and abused by society accepted structurers, that are even more blinded by unsubstantiated justificated permissions with constitutions,amendment or laws and biased interpotation of rights deceptively Implemented like the rave act. Blah blah Blah..

Quote:

Yeah, I can see no arguable probable cause for those searches...maybe: "He was in the same room with drug users!"

Although, if that were the case, then I would imagine thousands, if not millions of people could be searched, and that doesn't strike me as being reasonable, as well as being very vague.

I guess that's America for ya'

Thousand and thousands have and are legally subjected to probable cause backed forfeiture of constitutional rights for being in association with or in company of some one violating something as simple as a traffic infraction that invokes physical interaction with a Leo.This kind of reasoning was challenged last year with a case of a passenger being lawfully permit ed to unwillingfully waive right as is rightfully obligated to all qualified citizens by right,by police enforcing and arrested someone refusing to produce valid identification.A judge ruled that the police needed probable cause and reasonable suspicion for a passenger in a vehicle to be required to produce identification. That didn't stand for long after a supreme court overturned and denounced that ruling saying that an officer ultimately is the only one int the immediate situation that can decide if reasonable suspicion and probable cause are warranted at that particular moment. So if you make any kind of movement, actions, or impressions that the officer considers more information is need for any reason including curiosity, he can demand with penalty for not complying.

Raids and searches of any/and or all patrons in a variety of establishments have been conducted by law enforcement at least since prohibition times... Raid for drugs and illegally activities are and have been a routine activity for law enforcers everywhere. When a club or a over proportioned raid becomes an operation, that is cased out then people get media blitzed, that time and the peoples resources are aggressively coverted with the advantage of initiative via the media. Of course you already know this..

peace
-motaman.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: police bust north-end club $20,000 in drugs found [Re: motaman]
    #3958014 - 03/23/05 05:25 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
That didn't stand for long after a supreme court overturned and denounced that ruling saying that an officer ultimately is the only one int the immediate situation that can decide if reasonable suspicion and probable cause are warranted at that particular moment. So if you make any kind of movement, actions, or impressions that the officer considers more information is need for any reason including curiosity, he can demand with penalty for not complying.

Shameful, truly shameful  :crazy:

--------------------

- John Mayer

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

#3965120 - 03/24/05 01:51 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

--------------------

Invisible4bin
Sofa Gazer

Loc: 46 & 2
    #3965337 - 03/24/05 02:47 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

The root of the problem is that LEOs learn more about laws they can probably get away with breaking than they do about the laws themselves. A friend's dad is a cop, and the things he thinks are constitutionally OK are astounding. For instance, he said the other day that a cop can pull drugs from your pocket during a routine pat down...which is absolutely not true. Pat downs can only yield weapons!

Moral of this story...and so many other: don't expect the cops to uphold your rights. It's your job to watch your own ass. Do your research and (as the boyscouts say) always be prepared.

--------------------
I grow legal edibles only. Fresh Shiitake are the bee's knees - like, straight from the fridge.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom