Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs
    #3619866 - 01/12/05 08:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.wdef.com/servlet/Satellite?pa...65730&path=

Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs
By Lauren Remillard
News 12
Jan 12, 2005 4:44 PM EST

A drug bust near UTC leads to the arrest of the son of a Tennessee State Representative.

Chattanooga Police arrested Joseph Fowlkes last night for possession of ecstasy and marijuana, with the intent to sell.

He's a UTC student and the son of Joseph Fowlkes, who represents Giles and Marshall Counties.

Police also charged Tammie Richardson and Michael Whelan with selling drugs.

A search of their cars and apartments on Oak and Clark streets uncovered mushrooms, ecstasy, hash oil and digital scales.

Police say the suspects could be part of a ring selling drugs to UTC students.

Officer Tetzel Tillery, Chattanooga Police Department: "Right now...possible federal charges are pending on the individuals that were arrested and there is an investigation going on with the connection of the UTC campus and their students"

Police say this is not the first time Fowlkes has been in trouble for drugs.

The three did not resist arrest, and no weapons were found in the apartments.

UTC spokesman Chuck Cantrell says students are only expelled from the school if they are arrested on campus.

Student Joseph Fowlkes was pulled over by police off-campus.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: motaman]
    #3620246 - 01/12/05 09:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'd bet this person has been caught before and let go. I can only hope for a maximum sentence.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: daimyo]
    #3620311 - 01/12/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Why would you hope for anyone to have a max sentence with drugs? I wouldn't wish anyone with a victimless crime like this to get arrested, less likely go to prison for a long time. Just because he's the son of someone influential you want him to be put away as an example?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: motaman]
    #3620530 - 01/12/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

He will most likely get off, while other drug offenders get hard time. It's a sick world.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: Ravus]
    #3620569 - 01/12/05 10:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Why would you hope for anyone to have a max sentence with drugs?

I suppose it has to do with my spiteful side. I'm not perfect.

Quote:

Ravus said:
I wouldn't wish anyone with a victimless crime like this to get arrested, less likely go to prison for a long time.

Can you be sure it was victimless?

Quote:

Ravus said:Just because he's the son of someone influential you want him to be put away as an example?

Not JUST because, but ESPECIALLY because.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: daimyo]
    #3620594 - 01/12/05 10:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

"possession of ecstasy and marijuana, with the intent to sell."

Sounds like anyone who would be affected by his "crime" would be people that are searching for his product, hence it's a victimless crime in my opinion.

I'm for the legalization of all drugs anyway, so I wouldn't want anyone to go to jail for them, except for the fuckwads who made the laws in the first place.

But this kid just happens to be the son of a representative. It never said he was a hypocrite, that he was for harsh sentences of drugs, that he was in fact involved with laws or politics at all. He just happened to be the son of a politician. I don't think he, nor anybody else, should have to go to jail for these laws, and I don't see any reason why especially he should get a harsh sentence, when the only thing he was guilty of was being involved with drugs like most of us here at the Shroomery.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3620616 - 01/12/05 10:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

While I think it's terrible for anyone to be arrested for drugs, I like it when I see family members of politicians being arrested for it.

It reminds them that drug users are real people. They are our sons, daughters, fathers and mothers.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Invisibletwonewtz
lot lizzard

Loc: middle of the road
Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: Learyfan]
    #3622922 - 01/13/05 12:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

He (Joseph Fowlkes, JUNIOR :lol:) probably got his start-up capital from his father, so he should be held accountable also- HEY, THEY'D DO IT TO US!

--------------------
absolutely statistically

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: twonewtz]
    #3623946 - 01/13/05 05:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

while i agree that it is sad when anyone gets booked for drugs i think that incidences like this are what will help bring the drug laws into the relm of reason. its easy to discrimintate when it doesn't hit home. but when you are hurting the people you love it brings things into perspective, a perspective that i think polatitions have been losing. i like how they added that he had digital scales. thats like saying, oh and by the way he was carrying a ligher, which was probably used for smoking marijuana! while i see why it is relevent its not like it is an offence and i find it frusturating when the media ands things like that just to paint the picture.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: sander]
    #3624169 - 01/13/05 06:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Digital scales are very relevant to the conviction of someone on drug sale charges. When drugs and digital scales are next to each other it is very clear what the owner was doing except for possibly a few extenuating circumstances.

Remember justice is blind not dumb.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: d33p]
    #3624442 - 01/13/05 07:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Scales can assure you that you did not get ripped off when you Bought Drugs. They don't have to be for sales.

You get busted for selling drugs, when you get busted selling drugs. In alot of states the penalty is the same for Possession of a certain amount of drugs and getting caught selling a smaller amount.

Being charged for dealing doesn't mean you were.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: EonTan]
    #3624577 - 01/13/05 07:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

But usually when you have a reasonable amount of drugs and are caught with them along with a scale you get charged with posession with intent to distribute.

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery
Loc: tennessee
Re: Police Bust UTC Student- State Representative's Son for Intent to Sell Drugs [Re: DNKYD]
    #3666827 - 01/23/05 07:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i know joe fowlkes in real life...very nice guy..i really hope he doesnt get in too much trouble :frown:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service