Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
An Uplifting Interview w/Trendel
    #3949840 - 03/21/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Learjet 55
Passenger Capacity  6-8 people
Cruising Speed 522 mph
Range 2140 st.m.
Length 16.7 ft.
Width 5.9 ft.
Height 5.8 ft.
Baggage Capacity 57.5 cu.ft.

Trendal and Enter find themselves regaining consciousness while comfortably seated in a luxury Learjet 55, airborne at 30,000 ft above the Grand Canyon (Arizona, United States of America). As though no time has passed and with a vibrant sense of awareness, the interview commences....

Q. Who the heck are you? And where are we? (Yes, give the long version...)  :smile:
A.

Q. Tell me your first childhood memory. What happened/where were you/how old were you?
A.

Q. Btw ~ are you married or single?
A.

Q. What type of work do you do?
A.

Q. Are psychedelics important to you? If so, in what way? What do they do for you?
A.

Q. Tell me one thing that consistently brings a smile to your face.
A.

Q. Bowling or golf?
A.

Q. What is the most outstanding historical event of your lifetime so far?
A.

Q. Merlot or Beer?
A.

Q. What is your education background like?
A.

Q. Television or nature?
A.

Q. Why do you like the Shroomery? As far as the purpose of this site, do you think its succeeding?
A.

Q. If you could change one thing on this site what would it be?
A.

Q. If you could change one thing about America what would it be?
A.

Q. If you could tell my pilot one location to fly to and you wanted to be there within 24hrs, where would we end up?
A.

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: An Uplifting Interview w/Trendel [Re: World Spirit]
    #3950383 - 03/21/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Q. Who the heck are you? And where are we? (Yes, give the long version...)
A. Well my screen name is Trendal, and I have used this name for quite some time now starting with an online RPG I used to play (The Creator's Shadow MUD). I was born and raised in the city of London, Ontario. I moved back home to London last year after spending some time in Windsor, across the border from Detroit (for you US peeps who don't know where Windsor is). I'm 23 years old, soon to be 24 (8 days!).
We appear to be in a private jet of some sorts, and I appear to have been drugged and smuggled aboard. I've never been aboard a private jet before! Will there be any in-flight drinks?

Q. Tell me your first childhood memory. What happened/where were you/how old were you?
A. I generally have a VERY hard time putting dates to memories, and it gets worse the older the memory gets. That being said, I can point out two of the earliest memories I can remember: the first was having to go to the hospital when I was 3 for stitches. I was riding a tricycle outside and somehow hit my head on the edge of some concrete steps. The second also happened when I was 3, and it involved watching a cup of water boil in a microwave. This incident, along with another (see later question), sparked a life-long obsession with all things scientific. Both of these happened in a small house my family used to live in, in London.

Q. Btw ~ are you married or single?
A. Single, though I hope to change this in the near future. Finding the right woman is tough.

Q. What type of work do you do?
A. I continue to work a shitty job for a tech-support company. I sit on a phone all day and talk to people who can't get their computers to work. I'm hoping to find a new job, preferably in a public library somewhere (nice and quiet, with all the books I could ever read!).

Q. Are psychedelics important to you? If so, in what way? What do they do for you?
A. Yes, I would say psychedelics in specific (as opposed to other drugs) are very important to me, for a couple reasons. The first is not something I am proud of, but not something I will deny: I like to escape this mind-numbingly boring Reality. I don't agree with people who look down upon this type of drug use...and obviously if they were using drugs in a "constructive" manner they wouldn't have such an Ego that they have to look down on others. Psychedelics can obviously be used just to "get fucked up" and have a good time. Moderation is, as always, the key point here. The second reason I use psychedelics is for exploratory reasons, and I do call myself a psychonaut. Psychedelics have enabled me to learn things about myself very quickly over the past few years, and have helped me develop my current outlook on life. I have found a happy medium in blending these two different aspects of my psychedelic usage together.

Q. Tell me one thing that consistently brings a smile to your face.
A. The knowledge that I exist. Either it's a grand joke that I'll someday get the punch-line to, or a complete accident which I have no choice but to laugh at.

Q. Bowling or golf?
A. I suck at both, due to an old wrist injury...but I would take golf over bowling any day. Who doesn't like drinking beers and driving around in a electric cart?

Q. What is the most outstanding historical event of your lifetime so far?
A. Historical in a personal sense, or from the viewpoint of others? In a personal sense, one of the most important moments of my life occurred in early May of 1986 when I learned of the Chernobyl disaster. My mother, being a regular over-protective mom, would not let me outside one day because she said "someone split the atom". She is not a nuclear physicist, so probably knew no more than the media told her, but I was instantly captivated by the concept. I remember clearly the image of a lumberjack slicing an apple (atom, apple, I was only 5) in half with his axe. I then wondered how this could affect my playtime to such a degree that I was trapped in the house. I was already interested in science, and I think I got a book from the library which gave at least a basic explanation of what an atom was. I made it my personal goal to find out why I couldn't go outside and then make sure such a thing would never happen again. This is incident #2 which drove me to a love affair with science/logic.

Q. Merlot or Beer?
A. Either, though I'm more a fan of Shiraz than Merlot. Mostly depends on the situation: at parties I'm more open for a good beer (Labatt Genuine Draft, or Keiths)...for just a drink to enjoy with some food I like red wine.

Q. What is your education background like?
A. I have my high school degree and 3 years of honours computer science in University (U of Windsor). I haven't completed my honours degree yet, and at this moment do not intend to. I would much rather go back for a chemistry or physics degree, and I do intend to go back at some point. I am proud to say that most (bordering on 95%) of what I have learned in life, I have learned on my own. School was a dead zone, for me, useful only for socialization. The topics were boring, or pointless, and I found a much better way to train my brain by just reading anything I came across. Reading is essential.

Q. Television or nature?
A. I'm a big fan of technology...but I hate 99% of the crap they put on TV so I rarely watch it (Discovery/TLC still have a COUPLE good programs, and PBS is still up there).

Q. Why do you like the Shroomery? As far as the purpose of this site, do you think its succeeding?
A. I like the Shroomery because of what it stands for. We are giving out information whether the govt. likes it or not (they don't) and will continue to do so. It is, in a way, a form of protest against some very unjust laws. I also greatly enjoy the community that has grown around this site. I doubt I could ever leave it.
As far as "are we succeeding" goes...that is hard to say. I don't think we are losing...but I also don't know what it would mean to "succeed" in this game. We give out LOTS of information, and I know for a fact that this information has helped many people and probably saved quite a few lives in the process!

Q. If you could change one thing on this site what would it be?
A. Actually I can't think of a single thing I would change. Yeah, we have our problems from time to time...but that's part of life and I doubt we could do away with it if we tried. The site runs smoothly as is (we really can't give enough praise to the excellent mod and admin staff!).

Q. If you could change one thing about America what would it be?
A. The education system. It's horrid, and has been ruining young minds for far too long. I literally shudder when I think of my generation taking control as we enter adulthood, and I know it's only getting worse as time goes on. I'm surprised at what some of the kids half my age don't know these days.

Q. If you could tell my pilot one location to fly to and you wanted to be there within 24hrs, where would we end up?
A. Tough question! It's a toss up between a deserted island somewhere, and Nelson's Ledges in Ohio. I hope to see a lot of you at the NE Gathering this year :wink:

Then again...right here is fine!

Trendal takes a shot of absinthe, then straps on a parachute and promptly exits the jet.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: An Uplifting Interview w/Trendel [Re: trendal]
    #3950396 - 03/21/05 06:03 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Nice interview...

Trendal, damn that was a snappy reply :grin:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3950401 - 03/21/05 06:05 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Labatt Genuine Draft?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: An Uplifting Interview w/Trendel [Re: Phluck]
    #3950408 - 03/21/05 06:06 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah, no like? LGD is nearly as good as MGD, with more alcohol % and a cheaper price :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3950453 - 03/21/05 06:19 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

:thumbup:

J♠
Male User Gallery

#3950460 - 03/21/05 06:21 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

And a big :thumbup: to you, Enter!

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3950464 - 03/21/05 06:22 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Grateful Jim was suggesting that the interview would be better if I PMd the questions first and then did a followup and post the whole thing together at once. Any feedback?

J♠
Male User Gallery

#3950470 - 03/21/05 06:24 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah actually, I think that's a great idea!

That way you can get some replies first, then build on those for further questions.

Either way works, though :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3950600 - 03/21/05 06:59 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

more of an interactive interview.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #3950628 - 03/21/05 07:07 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Nice interview Enter!~

Trendel good job answering!~

:heart: these interviews.

keep em comin!~

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3950630 - 03/21/05 07:09 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

yet another great interview from our enter.  looks like we've got a fine tradition going.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: An Uplifting Interview w/Trendel [Re: kaiowas]
    #3950634 - 03/21/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

:heart: :thumbup:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3950926 - 03/21/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

I've never even heard of it...

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order