Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
First sober gig tomorrow
    #3932080 -

Tomorrow night my band has a gig at school, we've played many many gigs at school and other gigs around our town and neighboring towns. But to my dismay this is gonna be my first performance where I am not herbal infused.

I can't smoke marijuana because I got arrested and I am going to be getting tested shortly.

It's not that big of a deal because I'm going to have more energy on stage and hell I might play better.

Do you guys feel you play better sober?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3932092 -

sometimes......  usually not though :wink:


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3932163 -

i play the drums at a band called sorted (check my signature)... and i defintely play better when sober... i've tried to play stoned a few times but i always get my phylosophic flashes and start thinking about shit while playing... not good let me tell you... i always end up missing a cut in the song or losing myself completely...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3932172 -

I play much much better stoned (I play drums) but I am starting to practice more sober so that I can play as well without the use of herb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: Infrared]
    #3932177 -

Codeine relaxes my vocal chords, so it softens and smooths my voice, so I can sing higher and more melodically, but lowers my reaction time with my dexterity so I can't play fast melodies on my guitar. My finger picking speed is cut in half.

EDIT: Pot on the otherhand destroys my ability to sing, and has no affect on my guitar playing. But it does open my mind up to different rhythms and leads.

What instrument are you playing?


--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (03/17/05 07:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: In(di)go]
    #3932179 -

i find a bowl or two can add to my bass skills


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: In(di)go]
    #3932189 -

drums are tiring though. i could play the quitar baked as hell for a while... just need a glass of water


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: notapillow]
    #3932191 -

personally i have found that weed adds a lot to my creative skills... nothing better than a joint or two when it comes to writing songs...

but playing live that stuff just throws me out...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: Infrared]
    #3932195 -

I play the bass guitar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: Minstrel]
    #3932200 -

ah yes... opiates . by far the best drug to play music on


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: In(di)go]
    #3932205 -

i can ake rhthym pretty well when i high
and i agree blue i always need water :laugh:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: Infrared]
    #3932212 -

I disagree, opiates just seem to throw timing and reaction time way off, which is a very bad thing to have happen to you live; especially if you are a band that tends to jam.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: notapillow]
    #3932214 -

:tripping:!~BASS~! :tripping:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3932233 -

Nah play when you are tripping on some cid or shrooms...I bet you could focus better on it...I feel like I was more focused on everything on acid but shrooms are a little different..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: Freeker]
    #3932240 -

bah... at least for me theyre the best.. ive got a fucked up wrist so if im gonna be playing for a while i almost need them..

my timing is perfect on them. it chills you out so you dont try to over do anything


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: notapillow]
    #3932245 -

I wouldn't say pot makes me play better or worse, but it does change the way you look at playing, which is to be expected, and thus can change the way you play, just not necissarily the quality of your playing. It's possible that I play slightly better stoned though, simply because it's more fluid and I can focus on each note individually a little more. It generally increases my creativity too. It really just depends on the stone.


--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: Hooty]
    #3932258 -

opiates destroyed brent midlinds playing


imho


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: notapillow]
    #3932264 -

whos brent midlind... and howd you figure?... maybe his addiction to opiates did him in


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: Infrared]
    #3932286 -

Powder opium sprinkled on weed is such a nice high...I do it sometimes...but not always, but that is the only way I like to do opiates, is with weed at the same time...but I have never tried playing guitar on it though...I am not the best player but it is fun to try though...

Edited by skunk78395 (03/17/05 07:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First sober gig tomorrow [Re: Skunk420]
    #3932324 -

smoking opium on weed is a waste..

opiates + weed is heaven... i never even take opiates unless i have weed


ive discussed this with several people. and ive come to the conclusion that 90% of good musicians used drugs.. and of those 90% that used drugs, 80% used heroin or other opiate/ sedatives


maybe im biased cause of the bands/music i like. but still i stand by it


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Edited by DeepBlue42 (03/17/05 07:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Buying a Guitar
( 1 2 all )
Comfortably_Numb 5,178 33 12/07/04 05:24 PM
by Jim
* low price guitars?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,193 22 12/04/03 11:56 AM
by SJR
* My David Gilmour gig review Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 1,004 9 03/24/06 02:35 PM
by Deadmaker
* Yes at Red Rocks tomorrow! agr8fulchick 1,094 10 09/15/04 01:38 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* My Guitar. :D
( 1 2 all )
Lizard_King12034 1,646 29 02/20/06 06:39 PM
by psychonaut_420
* GUITAR!
( 1 2 all )
Nirvana7 2,935 22 01/17/05 01:52 AM
by PhanTomCat
* Grass+Guitar+Led Zep+Pizza+Beer+Shroomerites = Awesomeness!
( 1 2 all )
Spooge 1,666 22 07/26/04 02:36 PM
by kadakuda
* electric guitar players.,., get in here (help)
( 1 2 all )
XUL 3,907 23 08/07/06 01:36 PM
by stefan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,265 topic views. 4 members, 21 guests and 102 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.