Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
Yes at Red Rocks tomorrow!
    #3112731 - 09/09/04 08:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

We'll be taking off late tonight (technically very very early in the am tomorrow) to drive to Colorado to see Yes play at Red Rocks! I'm sooooo excited! This is their 35th anniversary tour, and I used to listen to them as a little kid, before I was ever a hippie or into cool music at all. My dad had them on several records, most of which were "heavy metal," how funny! Anyway I'm super excited, as Red Rocks is possibly the best place to see any band ever. Any one else going?

Peace and love!

:heart: :mushroom2: :heart: :mushroom2: :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Re: Yes at Red Rocks tomorrow! [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3112754 - 09/09/04 08:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

haha my stepdad loves them - i can't get into them. have fun though!!!

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Re: Yes at Red Rocks tomorrow! [Re: Delyrium]
    #3112810 - 09/09/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Certainly not a type of music that is for everyone  :smile: I just think it's funny that I was singing the lyrics with my dad when I was 3, and that I've known these songs my whole life. And now I'm driving states away in the middle of the night to go to their concert with my boyfriend and another friend of ours! Crazy how some things seem so different as you grow up  :grin:

I love to crank Yes up really really loud and blow glass at 3am, best of times!

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
    #3112822 - 09/09/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Have a great time!  I never thought of Yes as heavy metal they have that classical edge to them.  :sun:

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #3113053 - 09/09/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hehe i bet your dad is one kool kat.  :cool:  :rasta:  :cool:

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Re: Yes at Red Rocks tomorrow! [Re: chinadoll]
    #3113175 - 09/09/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hehe, I hardly consider Yes as heavy at all, much less heavy metal! They are meant to be played loudly, but I'd consider them more classical as well. Certainly in their own class of music. My dad is a cool cat in his own way, but he is waaaay too square to know it  :wink:

Rock on! Red Rocks Rule!
I :heart: live music  :laugh:

:tripping: :tripping: :jammingout: :headbang: :jamming: :drumming: :tripping: :tripping:

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #3114608 - 09/09/04 04:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I can't wait.... just about 7 hours until the trip begins..... 12 hours of driving..... several hours of rocking..... and then 12 more hours of driving..... I love it.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
Male User Gallery

Re: Yes at Red Rocks tomorrow! [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #3116783 - 09/09/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Leaving work now.... getting in the car, picking up my lady, and heading to Denver. Red Rocks, here we come.

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

#3128698 - 09/13/04 07:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The show completely rocked! I've never seen a band out-rock an audience before, they just didn't quit! Not even a pause or set break until they were done, and what a show it was! Totally rocked my world :smile:

OfflineGr8fulJ420
Male User Gallery

#3137032 - 09/14/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I had a lot of expectations from this show as I've been a Yes fan for a long long time. Finally getting to see them perform live was a major thing for me and I was completely blown away by their performance. For being an older band they can still make some amazing rock music!!! This tour is billed as their 35th Anniversery world tour. They spent the last few months touring across Europe and now they're back in the states playing all over the country. Jon's high pitched vocals were right on... Howe's guitar work was fantastic.... Wakeman is a genius on the keys (and his sequined cape-thing isn't bad, either).

The light show was fricking amazing. My pics and movies don't do it any justice. The impression I got was that they were trying to remind the older fan base (I'm only 25, btw) of what it was like back in the day or something... cuz the lights were just completely *surreal*. There was a large inflated thing? behind the band which had all sorts of crazy lights projected on to it. The drum kit had these large base drums projected off with lights inside which would change colors and strobe with the music.... crazy! I had split a small bag of fungus with my lady and I kept having to ask my sober-ish buddy if really was that *weird* It was! I made a Yes convert out of a buddy of mine who joines us... he went for Dreamtheater (opening act) and was completely blown away by how awesome Yes was/is.

Here are my pics from the show:

Damn.... I've reached my limit.... There are more pics and a few qt movies here if anybody would like to see more. http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jmaxwell/images/yes

And in summary, if Yes is coming anywhere near your area and you like their music at all, you owe it to yourself to see a show. You won't be let down!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3138889 - 09/15/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I saw them in the 70's at Madison Square. They had a stage in the middle of the floor which woould revolve slowly in one direction, then after several turns it'd reverse and repeat. The only low point was when some fuckwit threw a bottle on stage.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds