Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
NEW 29. Tripper's FAQ Question: Redosing?
    #3914166 - 03/14/05 01:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ

29. Can I redose, and if so, when?

Here's a NEWLY ADDED question and answer for the Tripper's FAQ.

Please comment about redosing. Can it be done? When does it work? When doesn't it work?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: NEW 29. Tripper's FAQ Question: Redosing? [Re: Rose]
    #3918796 - 03/15/05 01:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Perhaps the person who keeps giving these threads a 1 shroom rating, could use that energy better by actually ADDING to the Tripper's FAQ :smile:. Go ahead, it won't bite you.

See something you don't like? Change it. See something that is missing? Add it. If you have problems with the Tripper's FAQ Wiki, perhaps you don't understand what a Wiki really is.

A Wiki is a website, where ANYONE can edit any page, just like you can edit a post you type on the BB.

If you don't like what you see, make it better. Please.

That goes for everyone out there, not just the 1 Shroom bandit :wink:

Add to the Tripper's FAQ, be critical, then fix it. Think of things that would make it better. The Tripper's FAQ will always change and grow. It is the community's FAQ, not one person's opinion.

PM me, if you just have ideas but are afraid to try editing the Wiki yourself.

Also, please comment on THIS thread's topic. This question is new and has not yet been discussed to FAQ standards.

What does everybody think about redosing?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

Loc: Restaurant @ End of Unive...
    #3919675 - 03/15/05 05:26 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, here's a little summary of my thoughts on the topic of redosing, hope it helps!

When in the midst of a psychedelic journey, sometimes the intensity can be somewhat less than that desired. On most every psychedelic I've experienced, when done properly, redosing is possible and generally enjoyable. The main things to consider are intensity, dosage, and timing.

Intensity: Do you really want your trip to be stronger? Have you given the substances which you've already consumed long enough to kick in? Certain drugs can take a long time to fully kick in (up to 2 or 3 hours), especially if you've eaten recently before consuming your substances.

Dosage: If the drug has fully kicked in and you still want the experience to be more intense then make sure to pick your dosage carefully. Remember, if you take the same amount of drug as you did initially then your eventual mindstate will be almost exactly as far from your current mindstate as your current mindstate is from sobriety. Take careful note of how much further you want to go and then pick your dosage accordingly. How much have you taken already? What percentage of that intensity do you want to acheive with your redose? Take the time to do the math and consume only after careful consideration. It's ok if you sit staring at the wall or something for fifteen minutes before redosing, it's always best to feel completely comfortable with what you're about to do to your brain.

Timing: When you eat that pill or swallow that fungus you're resetting your tripper clock. It's easy to forget about that while in an already altered mind state. So before you take any more drugs do some simple math. What time is it? How long does this drug last? When do you want/need to be sober? Add up those first two numbers and if they are bigger than that last number then don't redose. It's suprisingly easy to eat more drugs at 4am when you have to be at work at 8am because in your altered state it seemed like everything would work out fine. "I'm sure I'll be sober by then." you might think. Well don't trust your instincts, trust math. You know how long it will take for the drug to run its course and though it might take you a while to do the math, you can determine for sure what the clock time corresponding to your eventual sobriety will be. Take the time to make sure that you don't have anything to do for 6-8 hours or whatever the timeframe is for the substance you're on. There's nothing worse than having to meet up with your mom/boss/landlord while your still tripping or haven't gotten enough sleep after coming down.

So to sum things up:
Before redosing stop for a long moment and think: How hard am I tripping? How much harder do I want to trip? Exactly how much do I have to take to acheive that? and Do I have anything important to do before this dose will wear off?

What you're trying to avoid is indiscriminately eating more drugs without any thought for the consequences. Take the time to answer the above questions to your full satisfaction and you won't regret it. Happy tripping!

--------------------
You are sleeping with your eyes open.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: NEW 29. Tripper's FAQ Question: Redosing? [Re: hankfu]
    #3920772 - 03/15/05 01:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Very nice. Thank you

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3921389 - 03/15/05 04:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

good advice

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3921604 - 03/15/05 05:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

TM and I ahve done it, succesfully. If you have the mushrooms,and the time (you should have the time though, always make sure you have no responsibilites the next day) I say it's the only way to fly.

Trip report

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: NEW 29. Tripper's FAQ Question: Redosing? [Re: gdman]
    #3921667 - 03/15/05 05:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I'm 90% sure Trip was the guy who added this question to the FAQ. Hahaha!

I too have redosed successfully. It is a BLAST.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

#3921785 - 03/15/05 06:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah... the only thing I would add to my previous post would be some summaries of drugs which redosing will and won't work too well for. Erm... I guess I might as well put it in a useful form:

When will redosing not work?
Pretty much every tryptamine (LSD, psilocybin, 5-meo-dipt, AMT, etc) and every phenethylamine (mescaline, 2C-anything, etc.) will work again when redosing as long as you haven't fully come down. By fully coming down I mean that you've been pretty sober for an hour or two (or sometimes as long as six hours). Often times after your brain is fully done tripping there's a period that can last anywhere from 12-72 hours or so when taking more will either elicit a subdued response or no response at all. (This is called a short-term tolerance). In my experience, however, as long as you rest in between trips an additional, successful trip can be acheived the next day even if it is almost always less intense than the initial experience.

Additionally, remember that the duration of a drug's effect will almost always remain constant independent of your mindstate when beginning the experience. The only thing that is "different" during a redose is the intensity. In other words, just because you're already on mushrooms doesn't mean that if you take more the duration of their effects will be any shorter or longer.

Finally, the only exceptions I've found to the redosing guidlines above are MDMA (ecstacy) and it's close chemical cousins (MDA, MDE, etc). The primary effects of ecstacy are due to the release of serotonin (5-HT) and at some point you simply run out of this brain chemical and taking more ecstacy will have no effect. In fact, the dose-response curve for MDMA declines quickly after your initial dosing and with each additional dose the effects acheived will be noticably diminished.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3921915 - 03/15/05 06:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Cool info, but don't bust a nut, the tripper's faq is primarily about Mushrooms , 'cause it is The Shroomery. The extra info is awesome though.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

#3926217 - 03/16/05 05:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Heheheh... fair enough.  :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3926518 - 03/16/05 06:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I like what you've added, forgive me for my suggestions... keep up the good work. I just (selfishly) want you to keep posting about mushrooms, 'cause that info is what the FAQ needs.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
    #3926948 - 03/16/05 07:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't suggest redosing... I had a horrible experience and I don't even remember eating the rest of them... I ended up having 20 fresh cubes. The peak was seriously around 1.5hrs to 2hrs.... worst damn thing ever.. I saw satan and cried blood....

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: NEW 29. Tripper's FAQ Question: Redosing? [Re: ckyrock]
    #3926957 - 03/16/05 07:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Really? Re-dosing is so key, I would suggest it to anyone who is fairly experienced who want to trip for longer. It won't really make you trip harder, just longer. But hey, I guess it's not for everyone :shrug:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: NEW 29. Tripper's FAQ Question: Redosing? [Re: gdman]
    #3933892 - 03/18/05 05:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

gdman, what would you suggest for attempting a redose for the first time?  last night i took 4 grams and tripped for about 5 5-1/2 hours total.  peaked for about 1 1/2-2 hrs.  i wanted to redose when i felt the peak was going to decline soon, but i didn't know how much more to take and didn't want to risk it.  1g? 2g? 15g? lol  anyway, any advice is appreciated :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4057063 - 04/15/05 01:20 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Here is the answer so far. Please add to the discussion, or Edit the Wiki yourself. Add whatever is important. Just click "Edit page" inside the Wiki.

Should I redose, and if so, when is the best time to redose?

By TripMeister
(edited by Cervantes)

By all means, YES, redosing WORKS! However, redosing must be done before tollerance sets in, if it is to be most effective.

Forget everything you've been told about building an "instant tolerance" when the shrooms take efffect. Tolerance takes a little while to set in. Take a second dose of equal or greater (or even less) value, 1-2 hours after you take your first dose. You can even take a third dose 3-4 hours after the first but by then, you will likely notice tollerance setting in.

Be sure to redose BEFORE or DURING your peak (which may or may not be hard to remember to do... depending on the intensity of your trip). If you redose after you peak, tollerance will start setting in, and unless you take considerably more shrooms than you did for your first dose, you likely won't ever climb back to the heights of your first peak.

If you like 3-6+ hour peaks on shrooms, try redosing, it works especially well with medium to large doses.

For example, (since TripMeister and Cervantes have quite a bit of experience with redosing) start with your usual dose, (TripMeister's is 5 grams, Cervantes' is 3.5g) then 1:45 after that, take the same dose +1 gram (so 6 for TM, 4 for Cerv) then, 1:30 later take the previous dose amount +1-2 grams (so 7-8 for TM... Cervantes hasn't tripple dosed... yet). It works great, but three doses seems to be the maximum you can do. After that, tolerance is at nearly 100%.

Three doses will let you peak for over 6 hours. It's also interesting to do different strains at each dose and watch how the trip's characteristics change.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #12560359 - 05/14/10 07:19 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

the wiki links seem dead?

interesting redosing information! it takes balls to eat more while peaking though

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: NEW 29. Tripper's FAQ Question: Redosing? [Re: stefan]
    #12565545 - 05/15/10 03:30 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

The FAQ has been moved to the main page... still works like a wiki... but the links have changed.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefallenlsd
electricapricot
Male

Loc: missouri
    #12565735 - 05/15/10 04:36 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

i redosed like a week ago

i love redosing and normally always do it

it's like; you can eat enough to have an intense come up and work through any issues that are bothering you; then you can eat more and the rewarding after peak part of the trip is extended :laugh:

just like a week ago i ate 2 hits of LSD at 10:36 and then sometime around 130 i ate 2 more. i kind of felt that i was either at my peak or right after my peak when i decided to eat them. i had wanted to eat 4 hits in the beginning but i was talked into eating only 2 and saving 2 for later. i ate the 2 and it was good enough, but the entire time i was like i can only imagine what 4 would be like.. oh wait.. i could find out so i ate them

and i was tripping til like 10:36 the next day went to sleep for a second and woke up and could still feel a little bit.

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroomgrow: :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience