Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineciste
Stranger
Some Musciara questions..
    #3151707 - 09/18/04 07:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all,
The other night one of my friends called a buddy up who told him he had gotten some shrooms.. all of us, anxious to give them a try, decided to buy up a 1/2 oz of them.

Now, I'm pretty sure now that what we got were musciaras.. but I'm not entirely sure because they weren't nearly as big or colorful as the pictures, nor were all the general effects present. The shrooms themselves were pretty small; dried - stems were 2-4" long, caps were pretty well shriveled and anywhere between probably 1.25" - .5" in diameter, and had a generally rusty type color. Another point that might be notable is they smelled absolutely awful.

We each took approx. 3 or 4 grams and felt most of nothing except a weed high (from smoking) for a good hour or hour and a half. Also absent was any preliminary nausea, actually we were pretty hungry and ordered up some chinese food. By the time the food came, I was feeling pretty drunkish and happy, I was seeing no hallucinations but I can best describe the trip as a mix between the effects of alcohol and extascy. At the "height" of the trip I had some colors that I was seeing, and there were small amount of motion blurs or sudden small direction blurs to people or things on the TV. In the same time I think I also mindlessly smoked around 10 cigarettes in a half hour or so.

Towards the end of the major feelings my friend told me I should try smoking some, which he had been doing for most of the night (I avoided it, because i knew regular shrooms aren't smokable, and the smoke smelled like absolute crap). Shortly after smoking a big doob with plenty of the shrooms, nausea attacked quickly and violently.. it was all I could do to rush the bathroom, puke a bunch, and then sit there without thinking, focusing on breathing, and realizing that my whole body was wet with sweat. I'd say I was tripping most at this point - things on the wall were moving slightly and I was very dimly aware of my surroundings.

So for anyone still reading - Thank you, my main question is, was this likely Muscaria that I got? And are the nauseating effects usually assosciated with the smoking or ingestion?

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
Re: Some Musciara questions.. [Re: ciste]
    #3151848 - 09/18/04 08:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thats sounds like it. I don't know about smoking them but orally they can cause nausea. The nausea effects seems to vary alot from batch to batch, and time of year. I think the yellow/orange capped A. muscaria are more likely to have significant nausea effects than the red capped one, at least in the pacific NW.

A. pantheria seems to be less likely than A.muscaria to produce nausea. I have eaten Panthers on two occasions and did not get sick, but they were both from the same batch. I have eaten an extract of red cap A. muscaria and did not get sick, but it was an extract and not the whole mushroom. But every time I have eaten the yellow/orange A. muscaria I have gotten sick.

I have heard that weed helps with the nausea so maybe that is why you did not feel sick when you ate the mushrooms.

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Some Musciara questions.. [Re: ciste]
    #3151900 - 09/18/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say you probably got normal shrooms. The "rusty" colored cap makes me think of cubensis right away. The nausea was most definatly from smoking the mushrooms, thats just not right. Im not sure how many grams of aminitas it takes to get high but i hear its quite unpleasant and people tend to get delirious and sick.

My guess is you got a weak batch of cubensis. But thats just my opinion.

day tripper

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Some Musciara questions.. [Re: day_tripper]
    #3151910 - 09/18/04 09:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

3-4 grams of cubensis... theyw ould have felt MUCH stronger effects from that.

I guess that if they where cubensis, they would have been weak and I wouldn't have been to happy.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineciste
Stranger
Re: Some Musciara questions.. [Re: gdman]
    #3152167 - 09/18/04 10:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

They certainly seemed like they were far too weak to be cubensis, and besides that, as I said, there were definetely, definetely effects from smoking them.

One other thing that made me think they were musciara was that I've read that they often cause extreme salivation, sweating, and tearing of the eyes. Not only was I literally soaking when when I was puking, I also went to sleep with my contact lenses in and awoke with them quite wet + comfortable (Normally if I fall asleep with them, when I wake up they are very dry and need to be taken out quickly).

Thanks for the help though guys, I think i'm just gonna crush + capsule the last bunch I have left, probably about 7-8 grams, and see what happens.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience