Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Website / Forum Help
    #3867828 - 03/04/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I was curious, I have started my own forum and it's proven to be more difficult than i could've thought.

As of now Google's Adwords is being used. This is currently capped at $1 a day by .10 cents a click. Needless to say the add is going through in a low rotation.

I've sumbitted my URL to Google, Yahoo, and the Open Directory Project.

I'm paying for Looksmart Directory. Another pay-per click directory, much like Google's Adwords.

I've done a pay per click with Dogpile.That should link to search engines for Dogpile, Verizon, NBC, Webcrawler, and MetaCrawler.

I've brought a bunch of persons i know well online and in person to join the site and participate in conversation.

What else could i do to improve the site or to attract more attention to the site? How well does Google Bombing work and is it worth the effort?

I'd appreciate any advice anyone here has. See sig for the site.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Re: Website / Forum Help [Re: DigitalDuality]
    #3873949 - 03/05/05 08:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No suggestions? Imagery-wise is there anything i could improve? Is there something i'm leaving out? Should my focus for discussion on there be changed in anyway? I'm seriously asking for advice and not trying to spam this board for members of mine. If so, i know i came to the wrong place in which to do so, since mine has zero drug-based bias. Anyways i'd love any advice anyone has, i know there's some people on here with some skills at webdesign and forum experience..

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Website / Forum Help [Re: DigitalDuality]
    #3876237 - 03/06/05 06:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

First change the link in your sig, add an http:// before it, cause it doesnt work.

As for attracting people, you need content. Have your and some friends start some dummy conversations, etc. The more active the page is, and the more words that will be indexed on search engines, the better. Then on other forums like yours that are talking about the same subject, do a little "i found a good thread about this over on thepeoplesvoice.us, check it out" ... then you will get hits from other like minded users without advertising, aswell as a better search engine score.

Be sure to also search for words contained on your site via popular search engines, and click them, let the engine know its worth checking out.

Its all a big game, but before you can play, you gotta have something worth while there. Only big companies with big advertising money can start from scratch w/o a problem.

as far as graphics go, for a political forum, i wouldnt worry about making it look good, just keeping it very functional and not too cluttered.

just my 1 cent.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Re: Website / Forum Help [Re: tak]
    #3895252 - 03/09/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

lol well, the signature is changed. I spiced up my front page a bit with news articles and allowing guests to post there.

I added an RSS newsfeed as well. I guess i could start going off on other like minded forums and shamelessly plugging it where applicable.

Does anyone know if there's some kind of online guide to phpBB?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology